NEurope

I really want to play this again :(

May end up waiting until it's downloadable on the Wii U lol

I just wanted to let my fellow N-Europers know that a friend of mine has sold his GameCube and bought a PS3, but he saved Windwaker and Mario Power Tennis for me :D

This means Fused King has got his favourite Zelda title back!

REJOICE :D

Indeed a joyous day today, at least he kept the titles back for yourself.

I really want to play this again :(

May end up waiting until it's downloadable on the Wii U lol

If you'd told me before the meet I'd have lent you my copy to post back :P

Why not pick up a cheap one somewhere?

If you'd told me before the meet I'd have lent you my copy to post back :P

Why not pick up a cheap one somewhere?

If you can find a cheap one, let me know ;)

I have just read the most outstanding article about Wind Waker on Eurogamer. The author, Christian Donlan, understands the game so deeply it's unreal:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-15-retrospective-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker

It's too good not to quote a few bits:

And the Wind Waker's twist, if you ask me, is magnificent. I love the old castles and horseback shtick, but this is a rare chance to see Zelda transposed into an entirely different tradition, to see Tolkien give way to Stevenson as the hero in green settles in with pirates, galleons, and treasure maps.

The Great Sea's an emotional beast, and it dictates the game's mood in a way that Hyrule Field never could. It's blustery when things get bad, and smooth and glimmering when you're on a roll. Each square of the map contains a new island for you to explore, too, whether it's a spindly mountain spewing icy wind into the atmosphere, the roving spotlights and patrolling guards of the Forsaken Fortress, or even just a mysterious abandoned Cabana.

But I highly recommend reading the whole thing.

Wind Waker. Nintendo's masterpiece. They don't make 'em like that any more.

I sat and read that yesterday afternoon on my phone during church...what? :heh: I was bored. ? :D

It's a fantastic read and it really made me want to start playing WW all over again.

Recently, my girlfriend finished this with me as a spectator throughout the game and it just reminded me why this game is my favourite Zelda ever.

I will also read that article !

I feel it's my obligation to post this 25th Anniversary remix from OCR:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Recently, my girlfriend finished this with me as a spectator throughout the game and it just reminded me why this game is my favourite Zelda ever.

It was the boss rush at the end that did it for her, wasn't it?

I remember the outrage and the bizarre notion I felt buying this upon launch. It felt a bit strange playing it having come from OoT and engaging with the Cel Shaded approach. Even though I played it through to the end (with the eventual help of an Action Replay disk for the HORRIFIC Triforce hunt), I wasn't 'that' impressed.

Sure it looked astonishing and I caught myself just staring out to see and following the Killer Bees around Windfall Island, but it just felt rushed and the Sea setting was, at times boring as sin.

So I started playing this again yesterday having read the aforementioned article. It still looks stunning - if not better than I remember and although I didn't enjoy the sneeking, stealthy dungeons I'm appreciating it far more. Dragon Roost Island was stunning and it all clicked nicely. Let's hope I continue to enjoy it...

I thought I would slam this here, seeing as one of the items is related to the topic.

GoNintendo showed off a site that has made games into movie posters. He has done these ones for Zelda which are freaking amazing. I may have to pick them up as they would look fantastic framed.

ocarina_of_time_poster_web-192x300.jpgmajoras_mask_web-192x300.jpgwind_waker_poster_web-192x300.jpg

THAT Triforce quest, jeez what were Nintendo thinking. I know Wind Waker was a short game, but c'maan. Worst thing to do in a Zelda game since........., well i can't think of anything worse as of yet.

I can't remember ever having much of a problem with the Triforce Quest...

... In terms of things that took place near the end of the game, I think I was more dissapointed by:

Old Hyrule, you finally get there only to be confined to a single path, that has no resemblence to anything we knew of Hyrule (it may as well have not been it), and no real way of looking out over the land and not really any landmarks.

And Puppet Ganon.

---

I have no way of playing the GC version anymore.

I might as well sell it I guess, and hope Nintendo brings out a 'Wind Waker HD Classic' on Wii U!

Edited by Retro_Link

I might as well sell it I guess, and hope Nintendo brings out a 'Wind Waker HD Classic' on Wii U!

With added dungeons!

Do you not have a Wii and GameCube controller?

Have a Wii yes, but my Gamecube's packed away ready to sell, and not to hand.

If only you could use the Classic Controller Pro instead.

I don't see the logic in spending more money on a GameCube controller than you would get for selling the GameCube in the first place.

Let's just hope we get the definitive version of Wind Waker on Wii U (and yes, with an upgraded GameCube pad too!) Considering the Wii U won't upscale GC or Wii games, I have my doubts it'd actually be as good as the Dolphin version...

I can't remember ever having much of a problem with the Triforce Quest...

... In terms of things that took place near the end of the game, I think I was more dissapointed by:

Old Hyrule, you finally get there only to be confined to a single path, that has no resemblence to anything we knew of Hyrule (it may as well have not been it), and no real way of looking out over the land and not really any landmarks.

And Puppet Ganon.

---

I loved puppet Ganon. In fact that whole final battle was far more fun/impressive/epic than the Demise one in SS. The music for the snake form is fantastic

I loved puppet Ganon. In fact that whole final battle was far more fun/impressive/epic than the Demise one in SS. The music for the snake form is fantastic
I don't mind the spider and snake forms, it's just the pig puppet.

Haven't played Skyward Sword yet, I'll be firing it up in two weeks time!

Certainly seem to be plenty of mixed impressions for the game, I'm looking forward to finding it out!

That whole battle with Ganon's various forms had such a grand scale to it even though you were indoors. The spider one especially was beautifully implemented.

Hope you enjoy SS! Personally I loved it, but still think it had a hell of a lot of flaws. But far more fun and enjoyable than TP IMO.

Let's just hope we get the definitive version of Wind Waker on Wii U (and yes, with an upgraded GameCube pad too!) Considering the Wii U won't upscale GC or Wii games, I have my doubts it'd actually be as good as the Dolphin version...

Wont upscale?

Has this been confirmed?

How's about some MORE VC titles for WiiU Ninty? There were loads of N64 games missing as well, (Did Pilotwings 64 ever make it?!) GC games would be great. A lot were only around 1GB so it makes sense to offer them.

Wind Waker would be a natural continuation of the existing VC Zelda content too.

(Would also look great on a tablet device!)

I feel it's my obligation to post this 25th Anniversary remix from OCR:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I loved the soundtrack (so much so that I paid for an import CD of it). This is a cracking remix that actually makes me want to load it back up again and experience the joy that was Wind Waker (yes even despite the copious amounts of sailing and Triforce quest!)