Splinter Cell 4

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

UPDATE; NEW TRAILER

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9091&pl=game&type=wmv

Original trailer;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8695&pl=game&type=wmv

Release Date; Spring 2006

Platforms; PC, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Xbox, PS2

Splinter Cell Double Agent will push the limits of each platform based on its respective technological capabilities. Furthermore, each platform will feature exclusive content and offer a unique game play experience.

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-4-20051111105825306.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-4-20051213055652357.jpg

Splinter Cell Double Agent will completely revolutionize and reinvent the spy action genre by introducing an unprecedented double agent concept and an entirely new breed of game play that adds an exciting new dimension to the gaming experience.

The revolutionary double agent concept immerses players in the world of international espionage more completely than ever, expanding the story and depth of Sam Fisher's character and evoking players' emotions by drawing them deeper into the gaming experience.

Sam is back. But he's never faced an enemy like this before. To stop a devastating terrorist attack, he must infiltrate a vicious terrorist group and destroy it from within.

Sam indeed spends time in jail, helps a fellow inmate break out with the help of a prison riot, and is later offered a job in return.

For the first time ever, experience the relentless tension and gut-wrenching dilemmas of life as a double agent. As you infiltrate a terrorist organization in its American headquarters, you must carefully weigh the consequences of your actions. Kill too many criminals and you'll blow your cover. Hesitate too long and millions will die. Do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive. Key Features Include:

- Dual objectives to fulfill: NSA government agents and terrorists will each want you to accomplish opposing tasks at the same time.

- Discover the tension of being a double agent: Use actual tactics employed by today's real-life double agents to sabotage the terrorists' plans.

- Explore a branching storyline with multiple endings: Your choices have an impact on how the story and game play unfolds.

- A world of international espionage: Missions from all over the world, from Asia to Africa to the heart of the US. Experience extreme situations: underwater or in a sandstorm, hiding behind the dust or smoke – and even skydiving.

- New authentic gadgets: Master the latest weapons and gadgets used by NSA government agents in addition to black-market terrorist weapons.

- Innovative online play: The critically acclaimed multiplayer action of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is back with entirely new innovations for each platform.

Splinter Cell 4; Question and Answer interview with Ubisoft;

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/675/675625p1.html

It's said that Game Informer confirmed that they are in-game.
I'm not sure that they are, the first one could be, but the second one looks alot like promotional artwork,

IGN have these in their Xbox 360 section;

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-4-20051111105823650.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-4-20051111105825869.jpg

I cant fuckin wait, splinter cell is one of best franchises, Chaos Theory was amazing, especially online, swingin down onto a mercenary was ace.

I cant fuckin wait, splinter cell is one of best franchises, Chaos Theory was amazing, especially online, swingin down onto a mercenary was ace.

The co-op was also amazing :)

It's said that Game Informer confirmed that they are in-game.

Theres no tell-tale signs. Looks like what the team are aiming for to me :bowdown:

Can't wait for this game, it's so gonna rock. Splinter Cell has just been getting better and better with each outing and now it's got Sam all mixed in a Jack Bauer typeness. I can't wait for it ^_^

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-4-20051213055652357.jpg

Snow ...... Snoooow!

I had a dream that the new SC game would feature arctic missions, and now my dream has come true :bowdown:

While SC's story is rather boring it's actual stealth elements are much better than MGS.

(although just to let you know I do prefer MGS overall)

I'm not expecting much from this to be honest. It's not created by the Montreal team who created the first and third SC. It's created by the Shanghai team, which did the very dissapointing Pandora Tomorrow. It's probably just a filler for the next one.

SC has come on in leaps and bounds since the first game, i'll be picking this new one up for sure.

I'm not expecting much from this to be honest. It's not created by the Montreal team who created the first and third SC. It's created by the Shanghai team, which did the very dissapointing Pandora Tomorrow.
Not true! All the teams that have worked on Splinter Cell are working on Splinter Cell: Double Agent, to ensure it's the best one yet!

IGN: Splinter Cell Double Agent has been created as a collaborative effort between three separate Ubisoft studios (Montreal, Shanghai and Annecy, France). How and why was this done?

Daniel Roy: Entering the production of Splinter Cell: Double Agent, all the aforementioned studios were already deeply familiar with the Splinter Cell series. (Montreal created Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory; Shanghai created Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow; and Annecy has developed the adversarial mode for both Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory.) We wanted to go 'all out' on the X360 and create a benchmark for the console like Splinter Cell was for the XBOX. At the same time, we simply couldn't disappoint the fans of the series who have been loyal to the license on XBOX and PS2.

As a result, both Montreal and Shanghai started from the same core concept, storyline and design principles, and both studios focused on making the best version possible for their respective platforms. Annecy, for their part, are creating the online adversarial modes for both current-gen and next-gen. This way, whether you own a current-gen console, or you got yourself an X360 and want to see just what your new baby can do, you can get Splinter Cell: Double Agent and expect the best.

Not true! All the teams that have worked on Splinter Cell are working on Splinter Cell: Double Agent, to ensure it's the best one yet!

Just about to post that :kiss:

IGN have these in their Xbox 360 section;

Note: Those pics are ripped directly from Ubisoft's official pages, and as you can see under IGN watermark, it clearly states that those screenshots are from current generation console versions. Not too shabby. :)

that looks well good, this is my most wanted 360 game by far, loved the old ones, hope this is just as good.

Good part in that trailer is, like you mentioned, when he comes out the snow to get the splinter cell agent.

I havent got around to SC yet. Is it the type of series where you should play them all or should i just pick up the newest one at any given time?

get chaos theory, i hadnt played them til that came out, and i fell in love with it, pandora tomorow is the worst of the three i think, splinter cell 1 is quite gud, but chaos theory blows them all away.

Its quite hard to get used too, but once you do its great fun.

I havent got around to SC yet. Is it the type of series where you should play them all or should i just pick up the newest one at any given time?

I'd say you might as well jump straight in with Chaos Theory as you can pick it up for about £5-10 these days.

I shouldn't worry about missing out on story elements or anything as the series doesn't really sport a coherent narrative. Metal Gear it isn't, and I challenge anyone to recall exactly what Chaos Theory was actually about — all I remember is, "Airwaves."

To clarify, I'm not saying this is a particularly bad thing, it's just that in the case of Sam Fisher the story is more a rationale behind set-pieces then the driving force of the series.

I really enjoyed Chaos Theory. I had no idea what was going on plot wise, but it sure is a fun game to play. The control system is certainly more flexible than MGS, but thats the only thing it does better. In every other aspect MGS is far better.

according to "gamecentral" teletext SC4 has been delayed until September :(:(:( noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i love splinter cell /cry

Sign in to follow this