NEurope
or else you will DIE

Super Mario 3D Land

Mario Land Obstacle Course! :D

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=164893

Times Square Warps into Mario's 3D World

Anyone who visits Times Square on Nov. 12 will be invited to play inside Mario’s 3D world with life size warp pipes, trampoline coin jumps and a flag pole finale! Consumers will also have a special opportunity to play Super Mario 3D Land in advance of its official Nov. 13 release date.

Among Mario’s World 3D game-play experience, attendees will also be able to enjoy:

- A performance from a mass group of Nintendo characters at the start of the event

- A set of exclusive Tanooki ears and tails as featured in the original franchise, rewarded to fans onsite throughout the event (available while supplies last).

- A “Mushroom Kingdom” Pizza truck nearby offering free mushroom pizza slices to the first 1,000 consumers onsite that tweet using the #SuperMario3D hashtag.

I played this today at MCM Expo - it is awesome. Very promising. I played little so as not to ruin myself, but the long jump has an interesting new flip-animation, and the slowness is stupid (or rather the complaining about it is) because when you run its fine. Very interesting. Should be sweeeet.

I wonder if we StreetPassed each other today, ReZourceman. Did you get one saying, 'Hi from NEO Mag'? Cause that was me. :)

I wonder if we StreetPassed each other today, ReZourceman. Did you get one saying, 'Hi from NEO Mag'? Cause that was me. :)

Ah you were there! Poodoo, I wanted to see people. Bloody forgot my 3DS didn't I, but my friend took his, I'll ask him if he recalls. :)

did anyone preoder this and/or MK at Game or Gamestation?

i think i heard that they're giving out mario themed pouches. the same one for both games.

One of the very few sites I actually trust when it comes to reviews has rated the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-10-super-mario-3d-land-review

9/10 for those who can't be bothered to look. :D

That's better than what they rated MW3 and Uncharted 3!

CVG have also reviewed it, 9/10 aswell but they had some complaints and compared it to various expensive small chocolates

Interesting about their review is how they say that 3D is vital to the gameplay at parts

I'll find out soon enough, I never use the 3D on the 3DS as it gives me a headache.

GamesRadar apparently spent ages wondering why Mario was so slow, and then realised it had a Run button...and the run button is their chief complaint for it

GamesRadar apparently spent ages wondering why Mario was so slow, and then realised it had a Run button...and the run button is their chief complaint for it

Yeah it's frustrating that it doesn't have analogue control like the 3D games, which is weird because i thought with the slider that wouldn't be an issue?

I still don't get why Mario is so slow even with the run button but I'm guessing it's because they were worried about framerate drops?

Yeah it's frustrating that it doesn't have analogue control like the 3D games, which is weird because i thought with the slider that wouldn't be an issue?

I still don't get why Mario is so slow even with the run button but I'm guessing it's because they were worried about framerate drops?

Running fast with such a tight camera angle on a small screen wouldn't be very good

They could've just programmed it that way. Apparently, they decided not to for some reason. Wasn't it mentioned in one of the "Iwata Asks"?

Running fast with such a tight camera angle on a small screen wouldn't be very good

Actually this makes sense! It's weird, I remember playing SMW for the first time and I remember not being able to control Mario well at all when he was running. He was chubby as hell in that game but fast as hell.

So my friends, guess who got Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land early? ;)

OivVS.jpgEZUyU.jpg

My goodness, this game is amazing! I keep forgetting that I am playing such a great looking game on a handheld system, and I thought that Link's Awakening looked unbeatable back in the day. I see many many great hours spent with this title :D

Edited by Adthegreat

So it wasn't enough that you gloated in the SS thread that you had to do it in here as well?

Leave...leave now!!! And take your delicious games with you...

Argh. Can't you just live up to your Swiss heritage and be neutral about them to not hype us up?