NEurope
or else you will DIE

Super Mario 3D Land

250929160.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1299090258&Signature=%2BvOFv256Fk%2FkiVF%2FYrYG6OGaOdw%3D

Full logo to be revealed at E3.... Do I see a racoon tail?

t4vbj9.jpg

Appears to be similar to Galaxy gameplay, so I am HYPED

Edited by or else you will DIE

The main thing I notice about those screens, apart from that there is very little in them to be over-excited about, is that the camera angle looks to be at the same position in each image..

Is that just a coincidence..? The tail in the logo is the most encouraging bit :grin:

It's so colourful!

The grass level looks a bit wierd having no landscape/background... I presume it's floating platforms of some bigger level.

Well, that's two upcoming 3DS games that I'm interested in. And they're both Mario games. :smile:

Do I see a racoon tail?

I think you did. Straight after Iwata pointed it out to you.

Well, that's two upcoming 3DS games that I'm interested in. And they're both Mario games. :smile:

If the other one you mean is Paper Mario then I am right there with you :D

This looks quite good already and I'm sure it will be an amazing game.

Edit: Thanks for pointing that out Magnus :laughing:

Edited by Adthegreat

If the other one you mean is Paper Mario then I am right there with you :D

It is. *High five*

This looks quite good already and I'm it will be an amazing game.

I'm it will be an amazing game too.

Edited by Magnus

Looks awesome, good to see a handheld 3D Mario game. Wonder what the tail could mean, a return for the SMB3 flying racoon tail thing?

edit: ok stating the obvious :P

Am I the only one who's sick of Mario? ...Oh, OK, fair enough then! It's just that this generation has been Mario, Mario, Mario. We need Metroid and F-Zero on the 3DS more than Mario. Also, if that is a fixed camera angle, it'll be a no-buy. Sorry to be negative, I just don't think it was anything worth showing really.

Am I the only one who's sick of Mario? ...Oh, OK, fair enough then! It's just that this generation has been Mario, Mario, Mario. We need Metroid and F-Zero on the 3DS more than Mario. Also, if that is a fixed camera angle, it'll be a no-buy. Sorry to be negative, I just don't think it was anything worth showing really.

The Galaxy games had fixed cameras and they turned out fine

Sunshine had a free roaming camera and it fucking sucked

I'm not too worried about the camera

Nintendo are the one company who very rarely have camera issues

I agree, but the thing to remember is that Mario is much more accessible than any of the Metroid games. They're a bit too atmospheric or gritty for some.

Also, Zelda and Mario have a lot of pulling power. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some gamers buy new consoles and systems and just buy these sorts of games. F Zero GX absolutely kills Mario Kart in terms of content, yet Mario Kart will remain the more popular game due to its ease of accessibilty. Anybody can play it. Same with Mario really.

I love the look of this, but I also hope that this doesn't mean the end of side-scrolling Mario, if Nintendo start to push free-roaming Mario on handhelds.

The Galaxy games had fixed cameras and they turned out fine

No, I meant what nando suggested - that every screenshot is from the same angle, which is not behind Mario.

I don't think these are "in game" screen shots because of the lack of health bar and other regular on screen features. Just like the first OOT 3DS shots weren't really "in game", they are just showing it off.

I love the look of this, but I also hope that this doesn't mean the end of side-scrolling Mario, if Nintendo start to push free-roaming Mario on handhelds.

That's not going to happen, considering how the New Super Mario Bros. games have sold a gajillion copies each.

That's not going to happen, considering how the New Super Mario Bros. games have sold a gajillion copies each.

I hope it doesn't happen. But, you never know. The sidescrollers are special in their own right.

Game looks best, like others have said this and Paper Mario would convince me to get a 3DS when they come out :)

Hopefully it's not already been noted but it looks as if the Cosmic Coin/Medal makes a return. Looks to me like New Super Mario Bros 3D, glad its in the hands of the Galaxy developers.

cosmiccoin.png

Great, and I still have Galaxy 2 to play...

We have had more 3D Mario platformers in the last few years than ever before. It's insane, did they really suddenly come up with so many ideas at once?

Great, and I still have Galaxy 2 to play...

I've done half of Galaxy 1 (and that just includes Mario's stars) so far.

Should have been a launch title -.-

yes and if it was I'd be buying a 3DS straight away

If it had been a launch title, my guess is, the game would be incomplete...