NEurope
Dan_Dare

Online Dating

I think that online dating is a good thing, sometimes healthy, espchally if you want one night stands etc...

I often use plentlyoffish.com to meet people, its free and easy to use.

I'm using Okcupid atm

not loads of people, but they seem...better than elsewhere I've been. It's free, too.

What site did you use Dan?

Not that I'm single I'm just curious.

I think you've told everyone now, Caris. You can relax a bit!

Er, I'm sorry for mentioning my girlfriend a few times in like 5 weeks or whatever...

Er, I'm sorry for mentioning my girlfriend a few times in like 5 weeks or whatever...

You will be.

I'm using Okcupid atm

not loads of people, but they seem...better than elsewhere I've been. It's free, too.

OKCupid is the only one I bother with as there seems to be so many people. I guess that's location related though. I'd agree the people are better than elsewhere, seems a lot younger than others and I'd say the vast majority are really quite regular people. It's by far my favourite.

I've been with the boyfriend I met online originally for over a year now and everythings bliss so... I think any stigma attached to online dating is gone. Nobody bats an eyelid anymore, at least not in younger generations.

OKCupid is the only one I bother with as there seems to be so many people. I guess that's location related though. I'd agree the people are better than elsewhere' date=' seems a lot younger than others and I'd say the vast majority are really quite regular people. It's by far my favourite.[/quote']

Yeah location seems the thing- it's not so huge in Sheffield but the quality is reassuringly high- certainly more than any paid site I've seen.

Meeting again tonight. Boom.

I've tried OkCupid, but it's simply not big enough in Denmark to be really viable. I guess I'd need to sign up to a Danish dating site, but they all seem to require payment.

I'm just after booting up Grindr. Turns out someone is after banning me!

Apparently it was due to "inappropriate behavior, language and/or conduct" What?! :hmm:

Absolutely ridiculous. I'm tellin' you, these old men are sly little fuckers!

I think online dating is weird.

But I'm pretty weird so I'm not going to judge people who use it.

:p

Ha that's brilliant. There's talk of a straight grindr app in the works but I'm not sure it will be as successful as the original.

Wouldn't a straight Grindr just be filled with 90% horny straight guys? They might as well just use regular Grindr! :blank:

I've tried OkCupid, but it's simply not big enough in Denmark to be really viable. I guess I'd need to sign up to a Danish dating site, but they all seem to require payment.

Or do the long-distance thing. There was a whole Seinfeld episode about how great it is to date a woman you don't have to spend any time with.

I'm just after booting up Grindr. Turns out someone is after banning me!

Apparently it was due to "inappropriate behavior, language and/or conduct" What?! :hmm:

That's what happens when you don't put out! :nono:

LMAO!! Bravo Magnus. I'd thank you but all my Thanks have been stolen.

A straight Grindr wouldn't work because our society's attitude to women and sex is still dominated by oppressive patriarchal ideals.

As in, most of the girls I'm friends with are gagging for it, but don't want to tell the world because they're scared of being thought of as sluts. [i don't believe any argument that hinges upon "Men are hornier than women".]

A straight Grindr wouldn't work because our society's attitude to women and sex is still dominated by oppressive patriarchal ideals.

As in, most of the girls I'm friends with are gagging for it, but don't want to tell the world because they're scared of being thought of as sluts. [i don't believe any argument that hinges upon "Men are hornier than women".]

I don't think people say men are hornier than women, they say men are slaggier than women.

What are your own thoughts on these things? I can't seem to determine it accurately from your post.

What are your own thoughts on these things? I can't seem to determine it accurately from your post.

Basically I'm heterophobic and instinctively think normalised attitudes to sex are evil and wrong.

[i don't believe any argument that hinges upon "Men are hornier than women".]

To be fair, there are good ecological reasons for women to be more choosy and men to be more ardent, which massively affects things. And this isn't the wafty pseudo-sexist kind of explanation you get in evolutionary psychology, it's far too robust and cross-species for that. But of course that's not the same thing as how much sex you want at all.

Edited by Supergrunch

Yeah location seems the thing- it's not so huge in Sheffield but the quality is reassuringly high- certainly more than any paid site I've seen.

Meeting again tonight. Boom.

Bow her chicka wow wow. Bow it good!

Jodie and I both agreed it would be nice for you if you had sex so get to it!