NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Is Windows Vista...

Gonna be games compatible?

I heard it isnt wont be supporting open GL and a number of other things.

Thoughts?

If not what about Half Life 3!!

It will play all the games you want, is F'in windows.

Open GL will be run through direct X (probably to force developers to buy and use MICROSOFT direct X). btw forcing OGL to run under direct X makes it have to run extra code (more code = run slower) and keeps it from making use of new features in games (say pixle shader 4 when it gets out). Please name those "number of other things" &&|| go read the news on vista.

With mac's incompatibility with most games, what would we do to play PC games? Microsoft knows that Windows XP is the number one OS for gamers, they're not going to piss off a huge chunk of their potential end users.

Mabye Caris is confused by the recent annoucement that MS is going a bit towards UNix by seperating the kernel from the graphics shell. According to MS, 9/10 crashes was due to graphical driver errors or some shit like that. If they had the shell seperate, compatability issues (leading to crashes) would be nullified. Unix has been doing this from the start (that's how it can be so compatible).

Of course, this would take up a slight amount of resources, nothing drastic though. If you have the recommended Vista specs it should be zilch problem. And if MS is right, it should help stability a lot.

Source: http://www.tweakers.net ==> it's dutch but just believe me :)

Hope this helped.

*Shakes head*

*walks out of thread*

Yet again, no point of saying that? say something constuctive or dont say anything at all.

And to the rest of you cheers, ive been hearing alot of rumors but i trust most people who talk in this thread as i know them (online anyways) alot better

Cheers.

*Shakes head*

*walks out of thread* :bouncy: :shock:

*walks back & posts*

if it is true then i just wont get it XP is fine for me.

*Shakes head*

*walks out of thread* :bouncy: :shock:

*walks back & posts*

if it is true then i just wont get it XP is fine for me.

Apparantly you forgot to add 'reads the goddamn thread' in between there.

I'm surprised anyone would actually consider the possibility of Windows no longer being a gaming platform... they'd lose LOADS.

What in bad connection is Windows Vista? please tell me

I'm not sure if that was serious or not, but I'll just respond to it seriously then.

I don't say this often but: GOOGLE, beotch.

What in bad connection is Windows Vista? please tell me

The new version of Windows, previously called Longhorn. Coming out sometime in 2006.

I have, looked and i am saving and saving for this, dam will need money for this AND revo..

Who the hell buys a copy of Windows?

Vista is coming in like 12 versions. 6 x86 and 6 x64 versions. I plan to aquire "Ultimate Edition" x64 ;)

Vista is coming in like 12 versions. 6 x86 and 6 x64 versions. I plan to aquire "Ultimate Edition" x64 ;)

if there implenting WGA in to vista (from the looks of thing they are) then u won't be able to uptade windows with your "aquired" copy, however there ways around that............ coughautopatchercough :D

Well I believe about 7 million people bought Windows XP within weeks of its launch....

if there implenting WGA in to vista (from the looks of thing they are) then u won't be able to uptade windows with your "aquired" copy, however there ways around that............ coughautopatchercough :D

As far as i know, coperate editions will not have activations and you know how easy it is to crack "Windows genuine advantage" crap.

As far as i know, coperate editions will not have activations and you know how easy it is to crack "Windows genuine advantage" crap.

i doubt coperation will be using the vista ultimate edition, and since the ultimate edition is gonar be M$'s flagship o/s, i beleive there gonar put something in there EULA which will state that u have to activate it, via the internet or sumthing, (like HL2 with steam)

i doubt coperation will be using the vista ultimate edition, and since the ultimate edition is gonar be M$'s flagship o/s, i beleive there gonar put something in there EULA which will state that u have to activate it, via the internet or sumthing, (like HL2 with steam)

Yeah. I think there was also rumor of a statment in the EULA that said to activate the Ultimate edition you also have to suck off Bill Gates.

Yeah. I think there was also rumor of a statment in the EULA that said to activate the Ultimate edition you also have to suck off Bill Gates.

Dude go back to primary school and learn some manners, if u do not have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything at all

New vista screens

explorer9jr1yp.jpg

nice,

http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/vista/5268/

they really are taking a lot from osx's aesthetics, good move imo. if it's not too buggy, i might get a vista laptop if the intel ibook's disappoint.

I still don't get what's so exciting about it's la-de-da new interface design. I just want the 64-bit functionality for my desktop.

The for me most important new part of Windows Vista was dropped - a new file system. So right now I don't need another Windows any soon. First thing I did in WinXP is turn off all the graphic stuff so that it looks like W2K again. Believe me Windows Vista will have the same game support like WinXP. Microsoft can't afford to alienate gamers because most bigger companies don't switch a OS right after launch. That is why there is still (although limited) support for Windows 2000. I wouldn't worry too much about that right now.

God that looks sexy.

Oh and system_error, WinFS has passed beta 1. It wouldn't ship with Vista, but will be added very soon after launch.

Also, technically it's not a file system. It just sorts everything and adds on to NTFS.

Sign in to follow this