NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Oxigen_Waste

Games without combat/fighting/killing/shooting

Can anyone recommed any current gen games where the gameplay doesn't involve/revolve around any form of confrontation? And I need a "quest" type game, so no racing/sports games or level by level platformers, please...

When I say no confrontation, of course I don't mean absolutely none, but as little as possible. Something like Ico / A shadow's tale, I guess. I just need something like that right now and can't seem to find it.

Kind of leaning towards Stacking!

Portal kinda just has trap robot type things. But I assume you've already played that.

Viva Pinata.

Guitar Hero/Rock Band - No combat/fighting/killing/shooting involved, just lots and lots of notes...

Viva Pinata - As mentioned above, doesn't contain violence unless you consider being able to whack your Pinata with a shovel a violent act? Personally I'd consider it merciful. :p

Need For Speed : Hot Pursuit - Well... I know the cars have 'weapons' but I don't think it could really be considered 'combat' per-say as we're only really talking about EMP's and Spike Strips which indirectly can affect other cars.

Tetris Evolution - Contains 100% blocks and nothing else!

Sega Superstar Tennis - It's tennis! with Sega characters! and it's fun! for about a week...

Marvel VS. Capcom 3 - Absolutely no violenece here whatsoever, oh wait... nevermind.

Or yeah, you could just buy Stacking seeing as you seem to be leaning towards it anyway, even I'm tempted to buy it, just not right now... anyway hope this helps. :)

Play Portal now, and then wait for Portal 2 to come out. Although there are things that shoot at you.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Elite Beat Agents and Trauma Center: Under the Knife..

Gran Turismo 5. Perhaps the best PS3 game. Alot to dig into and something for everyone.

Flower is nice. Its relaxing and unique. Not sure if its on sale?

LittlebigPlanet series. Lots of non violent content. Amazing games. Second one is better all round. Especially when it comes to user made levels.

Flight Control HD: Cheap game. PSN version is great. Move support. Strangely addictive.

There are plenty of games imo.

Gran Turismo 5. Perhaps the best PS3 game. Alot to dig into and something for everyone.

Seriously? I mean, really?

Perhaps the best if it had this bad boy in it! :laughing:

5002363834_75a912de95.jpg

Hmm... With those restrictions, my game list only reveals Soul Bubbles for the DS, but it isn't an adventure game (I'd say it's hard to classify the genre).

It has the style you're looking for, but I'm not sure if it has the substance you seek. Still recommended.

Limbo comes to mind as a game that's somewhat similar in tone to A Shadow's Tale, and it doesn't have a lot of enemies (it does have plenty of traps, though). The first two Oddworld games have similar gameplay, but also have a lot of enemies, so they're probably not quite what you're looking for.

Heavy Rain has very little combat and what little there is plays out as quicktime events.

Otherwise, you've got any stealth game worth its salt. Series like Thief, Splinter Cell and Hitman can be played without killing very many enemies. I especially like Thief 2, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Hitman: Blood Money. Though it sounds like you're probably looking for more relaxing games.

Kudos on Portal/Flower/Sam And Max/Zack & Wiki/LittleBigPlanet/Phoenix Wright/Trauma Centre recommendations, they're exactly what I mean, but unfortunately I've played them all already. Some multiple times. :heh: (And all the other SCUMM games too, not just Sam & Max).

As for NFS/GT5/Tennis, I need something questy, not arcadey, but yeah, kudos. I already have and love NFS, unfortunately I can't seem to like sim racing, so GT5 is out and Sega Tennis, well... I have grand slam for that.

Jonnas, Soul Bubbles, is it questy or level by level? It's reminding me of LostWinds for some reason. Which reminds me I haven't played the second one yet. Also, please tell me you don't have to blow to play it!!!?

So I guess it's either Stacking, LostWinds 2 or Soul Bubbles.

Has anyone tried 999 for the DS?

Limbo comes to mind as a game that's somewhat similar in tone to A Shadow's Tale, and it doesn't have a lot of enemies (it does have plenty of traps, though). The first two Oddworld games have similar gameplay, but also have a lot of enemies, so they're probably not quite what you're looking for.

Heavy Rain has very little combat and what little there is plays out as quicktime events.

Otherwise, you've got any stealth game worth its salt. Series like Thief, Splinter Cell and Hitman can be played without killing very many enemies. I especially like Thief 2, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Hitman: Blood Money. Though it sounds like you're probably looking for more relaxing games.

Yeah, I loved Limbo. And Heavy Rain too. Lol.

Chaos Theory is absolutely perfect. So fucking good. But yeah, hardly what I'm looking for here.

I found Soul Bubbles kind of dull and yeah, it's level based, without much in the way of overlying narrative. LostWinds 2 is a safer bet.

999 is awesome if you're looking for a game with a great story. One of my favorite DS games. The only downside is that you'll have to replay puzzles several times to get the different endings.

Edit: Also, it's really hard to recommend games to someone who's already played everything. :heh:

If you have an iphone or ipod touch - Game Dev Story. Best non-shooter I've played in years!

I have it on Android and it's highly addictive.

Animal Crossing?

For some reason I absolutely hate it. I don't really know why, but I can't stand it!

It's actually a bit depressing that thinking of a game sans-conflict is actually really, really difficult.

Sign in to follow this