NEurope
Ashley

Free Stuff!

Don't you just love free stuff?

Swagged Kirby's Epic Yarn today simply for braving South London. A while ago I got Donkey Kong Country Returns for braving adverse weather conditions.

Also decided this year I'm not going to pay for cinema tickets (other than Norwegian Wood). So far seen Tangled and seeing Monsters next week (and saw a few others for free last year). Also going to a few screenings at Birkbeck uni so those are free too.

And going to housemate's family meal thing on Saturday which apparently means free food and drink. Score!

So yeah, got any cool free stuff lately?

I hope you aren't that kind of person that likes free stuff that other people provide :P

I've got a friend (loose term) who does that, never buys a bloody round of drinks, or helps with any food or party costs. Fucker. :(

Recently a couple t-shirts from Dunhill and a few bottles of vodka and whisky (stupidly expensive brands I've never heard of).

I get free stuff all the time because a certain someone I knows crashes launch parties pretty much daily. I've got about £300 worth of cologne in my room. It's absurd. It never fails to amaze me how much some things are priced. Best free swag? A pair of £200 sports sunglasses before they were even in the shops. Party crashing rocks.

I haven't paid to go to the cinema for an age either, the joys of having two older sisters.

I hope you aren't that kind of person that likes free stuff that other people provide :P

You offering to make me a cake? How kind of you! :heh:

So jealous of you Ashley (and mr paul). I wish I was still living in London!

The only free thing I can think of that I received was when I won a myspace competition (just being picked out of commenters) to go and see The Rifles for free and I think go to a vip area or something. Unfortunately they didn't announce the winners until the day of the gig and that was too much short notice. I wasn't going to book a day off work and travel to London on the off-chance - though I wish I bloody did!

A while ago I got Donkey Kong Country Returns for braving adverse weather conditions.

LIES!

You paid bananas for it.

I was given a NES, zapper, R.O.B, and about 8 NES games.....was on my 17th birthday but had been begging the helper in the libary at college to let me have them for my collection. I bloody love R.O.B <3

Free things from work! Big ole speaker system worth about £165 the other day, which is amazing! Also I'll be getting hold of one of those speedy new MacBooks next week. Sadly I probably won't get to keep that for too long, just a few weeks :( Other than that, things like a 1tb hard drive and and iPod dock-y alarm clock thing. With a bed shaker. It's wierd - it vibrates the whole bed to wake you up quietly. My girlfriend loves it for some reason...?

But yeah, one of the huge bonuses to my work is getting lots of things what are cool (I obvously do lots of work too - it's not all free speakers and cocktails*)

*In fact I never get free cocktails. Which is a shame.

I got a free water efficiency kit which contained a new shower head, some bag you inflate in your toilet and some things you add to your taps???

I use the shower head cause it's better then the one i have.

I also got a free sample of coffee....

coffeem.jpg

basically I get free shit stuff.... I want Kirby for free :(

I got a free iPod using one of those pyramid/invite 5 friend schemes many years ago. It was the white clickwheel model (mono screen, 20GB). It wasn't an easy task though...

How do u mange to get free cinema tickets?
Know somebody or know somebody who knows somebody who works at a cinema.

How do u mange to get free cinema tickets?

They give out free tickets for upcoming films. Then you just fill out a survey about the film.

Recently a couple t-shirts from Dunhill and a few bottles of vodka and whisky (stupidly expensive brands I've never heard of).

I get free stuff all the time because a certain someone I knows crashes launch parties pretty much daily. I've got about £300 worth of cologne in my room. It's absurd. It never fails to amaze me how much some things are priced. Best free swag? A pair of £200 sports sunglasses before they were even in the shops. Party crashing rocks.

I haven't paid to go to the cinema for an age either, the joys of having two older sisters.

Where are these launch parties? How does one hear about them?

I got a free iPod years ago, as did a few others on here, through that Coca Cola competition.

I don't think I've ever gotten free stuff. =(

I mean there's presents and all that, but those don't count I guess. Send some free stuff my way Ashley! Pretty please? =P

..nothing in this life is free! In one way or another, you will pay for everything :nono:

There goes any hope of the Most Positive Member Award for 2011..

I prefer getting-paid-for-free-stuff situations.

I got paid for shit loads of awesome stuff this weekend. Moar details soon.

I prefer getting-paid-for-free-stuff situations.

I got paid for shit loads of awesome stuff this weekend. Moar details soon.

Bieber..... Justin Fucking Bieber!!!?

I used to get all of my games for free, nowadays I don't though. The only other thing I can think of is drinks from the company at Christmas. I need to do better.