NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Ys I & II Chronicles

Final of the Ys "trilogy" for the PSP, it's a port of the PC version of the remake of Ys I and Ys II (these games have a lot of remakes/ports :o).

XSEED Games is pleased to share new details and assets for the upcoming compilation Ys I & II Chronicles for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, which will release as a “Hair Metal Pack” celebrating the Ys series’ 80’s roots, with all retail launch units containing a bonus soundtrack CD. An exceptional value, the “Hair Metal Pack” offers two games for the price of one and will be available for $29.99, with a digital download version* of the game also available for purchase via the PlayStation®Store for a retail price of $24.99 in February, 2011.

With this re-imagining of the very first two games in the classic Ys Series, XSEED delivers fans the ultimate editions of Ys I and Ys II, capturing the essence of their classic gameplay and pairing it with a fresh translation and a variety of options to customize the gameplay experience. Players can choose from four levels of difficulty, ranging from “Easy” to “Nightmare.” But brave souls, beware: once the level is selected, there is no turning back!

While traversing the varied worlds of Ys I and Ys II, players also have the unique option to toggle between three different soundtracks at any time. The newly arranged version features live instrumentation from Falcom’s in-house band, as well as the synth version from the 2001 Japan-only PC title provided as an alternative. But fret not, old-schoolers—true classic fans will appreciate the last option, which features the original chiptune versions of each track as recorded in 1987 and 1988.

In this world filled with creative puzzles, painstaking detail and expansive landscapes—where enemies and NPCs alike all have unique dialogue—Ys I & II Chronicles offers RPG fans a challenging experience that calls to mind the classic RPG designs of years past. Subtle clues lead players on their way, so subtle, in fact, that the manual includes a guide, ‘Reah’s Trusty Field Manual’ to help players along their journey through Ys I.

Fans of the Ys series, old and new, can take a trip down memory lane with XSEED Games and Ys I & II Chronicles when it launches. Newly redrawn artwork and re-mastered musical scores are paired with the simple, classic and elegantly buttonless “bump” combat system for a truly unique experience. Ys I & Ys II Chronicles, rated “T” for Teen, will be available at select retailers nationwide including GameStop and online at Amazon.com, this February.

More information will be available soon at: http://www.worldofys.com/.

US release of the UMD was yesterday, but we got the PSN version today for £15.99 (cheaper than what I expected, Oath in Felghana and Ys Seven were £19.99). Bought the PSN version and waiting for

Videogames Plus to ship my "Hair Metal Pack". Yes - it's so good I bought it twice.

Wow looks cool. I never did pick up Oath in Felghana or Ys Seven when I was over in Canada (did I mention last time you made a thread about these games that the videogamesplus store is just down the road from where my girlfriend lives?) anyway maybe I can get her to get one and send them over.

Wow looks cool. I never did pick up Oath in Felghana or Ys Seven when I was over in Canada (did I mention last time you made a thread about these games that the videogamesplus store is just down the road from where my girlfriend lives?) anyway maybe I can get her to get one and send them over.

*Dissapointment* :nono::angry::weep:

*Dissapointment* :nono::angry::weep:

I know I know I'm sorry! She's coming at Easter so could pick up one then? If not could get one in the summer when I'm there. Which one out of the 3 would you recommend?

I know I know I'm sorry! She's coming at Easter so could pick up one then? If not could get one in the summer when I'm there. Which one out of the 3 would you recommend?

Out of the three, I'd recommend Ys I & II or Oath in Felghana. Chronicles is probably better since it's the first 2 games and Oath takes place after Chronicles. Ys Seven is also good, but I like those 2 a bit more.

They're all out on PSN as well, unless you really want the UMD/LE version.

Out of the three, I'd recommend Ys I & II or Oath in Felghana. Chronicles is probably better since it's the first 2 games and Oath takes place after Chronicles. Ys Seven is also good, but I like those 2 a bit more.

They're all out on PSN as well, unless you really want the UMD/LE version.

Problem I have with using PSN for PSP games is lack of big enough memory card. Would likely cost as much as the UMD to get a new memory card, damn sony and their stupid own form if memory cards, let me use an SD card :mad:

Problem I have with using PSN for PSP games is lack of big enough memory card. Would likely cost as much as the UMD to get a new memory card, damn sony and their stupid own form if memory cards, let me use an SD card :mad:

Ahh, right. They are pretty cheap on play.com.

Just got shipping confirmation from Videogames Plus :cool:

Sign in to follow this