NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
the_villa

what your best value retro product/game have you found and bought

Retro-Lover how did you get Lylat wars for free huh ?

I remember paying about £55 for that when it came out. Mine is still in pretty good condition as are all of my N64 boxes.

I think mine are buying a game and watch in its box with everything including the batterys for £18 and also my boxed NES with Rob in all working order with everything including hard to find gray light gun! for £50

Good question.

I went to gamestationbecause they had a boxed compelte mario Paint for Snes in their window for a tenner, there was a bogof sticker on it and lylat wars with te same sticker next to it for a fiver, so when i bought the game he asked me if i wanted lylat wars with it, naturally i agreed.

This is what has reaaaaaaly pissed me off though. Ive lost the universal power adapter i was using for my snes (i got the snes off ebay because there was no power adapter, so anturally it was cheaper) now i ahve no means of powering it, and ebay can naff off because the prices on thee are ridiculous. Im going to have to try the market on saturday. Egh it will be heeaaving

I bought 4 copies of Chrono Trigger from ebay for an average of £10 and sold 3 of them to gamestation for £55 each...

My 2nd Gamecube, £25 With a 256mb memory Card (offical) and the Cubes the Platinum colour with no marks what so ever, not even dust in the fan areas, musnt of been used very much at all.

I bought 4 copies of Chrono Trigger from ebay for an average of £10 and sold 3 of them to gamestation for £55 each...

So far, you win :)

Starwing for the SNES complete with box and manual for just 10€, free shipping.

My most recent bargain was Deep Fear, the last game released for the Sega Saturn in europe - £12 from Gamestation. I've seen it go for £30+ on ebay.

I bought a Mega Drive II with 1 x 6-button pad and 2x 3-button pads and ten games from a car boot sale for £10 a few years ago, which i was quite chuffed with.

Not too long ago, I bought some retro stuff for the first time. I usually had other priorities (buying new stuff that is), and in my direct vicinity, there are no good 2nd hand shops anyway. There is one shop now, but it's pretty new, and it's owner is a Sega fan, so most of the retro stuff there is Sega, no Nintendo. But I had luck when there was an event for retro gaming, on walking distance from my house. So I stopped by, wasn't expecting much of it, and it was small, but there was so much stuff to find.. I had my first experience with the Virtual Boy here. This time, I couldn't go home without some Retro stuff. I never had a SNES, so that's one of the things I looked for.

In fact, I made a picture which I posted on another forum:

Unfortunately I don't seem to be allowed to post my picture of the stuff, I'll just write it down then:

- SNES

- Parodius

- Super Ghouls & Ghosts

- Zelda LttP

- Metroid 3

- Super Mario Bros 3

- Ducktales 2

- Megaman 4

That's the stuff I bought, for € 210,- more or less. As you can see all of them boxed (except the Mario/Duckhunt, which I actually got somewhere else), most of them with booklets (except DuckTales 2, the Metroid booklet's missing the cover, Zelda has the map included). Megaman 4 is probably looking even better than my Megaman 5, excellent condition, as is Parodius.

I'm not sure though, if I should regret not getting Parodius NES version.

From what I've been told by another dealer, the Super Ghouls & Ghosts with box & booklet for € 10,-, is a very good deal.

Also too bad I came very late, all the good RPG's were gone. I saw 2 Chrono Triggers, but both of them US.

i saw an n64 with 2 contrllers, all leads, no box zelda and another game for £7.50 at a car boot sale, didnt get it though. damn you all and your cheap retro things

:o A nes With 6 games and 2controllers.

the games:

Mario 1

Turtles 1

Duck Tales

Double Dragon

Punchout

Hq spinner

for $10

Now thats a bargin :) (and a stupid seller)

Sign in to follow this