NEurope
Pit-Jr

The Legend of Zelda turns 25

If there was ever a cake-worthy franchise, this is it

3575245888_b3d5729d64.jpg

Zelda7.jpg

I dont remember what i did 3 days ago, but i remember getting that Gold Zelda NES cart for Christmas 25 years ago. 25 more years please!

What was your favorite entry in the series?

I sometimes think it'd be fun to replay the entire series (especially since I've only played most of the games once), but I'd probably end up giving up somewhere around the second game. :blank:

Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. Can't decide which I like better. Link's Awakening gets special mention for being my first Zelda. Looking forward to playing it on the 3DS.

Actually, I'm replaying OoT now. Currently just before the Forest temple.

Of those I've played...

Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask > Wind Waker > Twilight Princess > LOZ > 20 unenjoyable minutes of Zelda II

Ocarina of Time is my favourite game of all time and probably always will be!

Majoras Mask is, and will be (until Ninty beat it) my favourite entry. The dark feeling, the emotional story and the memorable characters have made this my favourite.

Of those I've played...

I love the irony of someone called Retro_Link not having played the entire Legend of Zelda series. :heh:

Of those I've played...

Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask > Wind Waker > Twilight Princess > LOZ > 20 unenjoyable minutes of Zelda II

Ocarina of Time is my favourite game of all time and probably always will be!

Agree 100% although I promised myself this is the year that I go through all of the Legend Of Zelda games. For me to this point with the games that I have played... IT HAS TO BE ... DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME

Here's something I posted in another thread, not too long ago:

In a nutshell, personal order:

OoT =? WW > MM > OoA+OoS > LA > MC > ST > OoA > OoS > PH > TP = LttP

I haven't played OoT or Master Quest in aaaages, so I can't exactly compare it to WW right now.

And for god's sake, don't start ragging on me for my opinion on TP :heh:

And don't rag on me for my opinion on Link to the Past, either. I know I'm in the minority with that one.

My order preference:

MM > WW > MC > TP > OoT > ST > LttP > PH > LA > LoZ > ZII

Majora's Mask just has a wonderful atmosphere to it all.

Here's something I posted in another thread, not too long ago:

And don't rag on me for my opinion on Link to the Past, either. I know I'm in the minority with that one.

ALttP was good, but not the benchmark everyone makes it out to be. I prefer the original and Wind Waker tbh

I can't pick a favourite but it definitely isn't TP or Phantom Hourglass, the latter being my least favourite Zelda game.

I wore my awesome Tri Force T-Shirt to commemorate the day. My favourite entry is Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask at a tie I think. Both so awesome in there own right. But still, A Link To The Past has a special place in my heart.

Grats to the series!

Was hoping Nintendo would have said something to celebrate, or give us the 2011 Zelda dates :heh:

My favourites are definitely Wind Waker and Minish Cap.

I don't really know why, because I enjoyed every Zelda game.

I guess I just have more fond memories of those two...

My favourites are definitely Wind Waker and Minish Cap.

Yay for Minish Cap love!

Just finished playing Wind Waker again for the first time in about 7 years. Wonderful game. There are parts I didn't like (triforce charts/shards, last 2 dungeons, times where you have no idea what to do/where to go) but by the time you get to Ganons tower it's hard to stay mad. I just much prefer the first half of the game.

I think I'm gonna play TP next.

From the moment I saw a review of Link to the Past in Mean Machines, I knew I had to buy a SNES. The simple act of placing a bomb by a weak wall, watching it flash and then seeing what was on the other side is still one of the most satisfying game mechanics of all.

Zelda 64 had a lot to live up to. Everyone knew it was going to be the most important game on the N64. Amazingly, it was even better than could be expected, setting new standards for how good a game could be. Ocarina of Time is a lesson in living up to the hype.

Wind Waker sent my enjoyment through the stratosphere. Just when I didn't think Zelda could get any better, it did. With its amazing graphics, technical brilliance and sense of exploration it remains, in my opinion, the peak of Zelda.

Those three games show that Zelda, at its best, combines the latest technology with brilliant game design, which results in new standards of gaming. Being the best game ever is a tall order, but it's almost a duty with Zelda.

And on handhelds...

Link's Awakening was a portable dream world I could escape to.

Spirit Tracks had, for the first time, a 3D overworld comparable to the console games.

Happy birthday Zelda. Link is the best character ever, with his green tunic, hat and Hylian Shield. May the Master Sword rise again, and may the Zelda series rise to new heights!

well despite Zelda by far being my favourite series ever. I have two glaring omissions from my completion list. I have never beaten Minish Cap (half way through and just put it down so have restarted it yesterday) and I'm ashamed to admit never finished Link to the Past. So I have it both on GBA and VC and am going to start from scratch and finish it even though I am quite far into.

Favourite in the series has got to be Links Awakening

I have never beaten Minish Cap (half way through and just put it down so have restarted it yesterday)

Me either actually! I've reached the final boss twice but never closed it out. Kinstones are a low point in the whole Zelda series for me - there was no need for them to be randomly placed!

I've never understood the hype with Link's Awakening. But then again I haven't played it since the DX version came out but can't remember it being that good, I'm sure it was though :)

Spirit Tracks had, for the first time, a 3D overworld comparable to the console games.

Glad to see Spirit Tracks getting some love. For me Phantom Hourglass is the weakest Zelda out there (I'm not counting Four Swords or FSA), but I adored Spirit Tracks which was superior in every way. The ending sequence and boss battles were comparable to console Zelda's in terms of a sense of scale and epic...ness.

Fantastic, although without the player playing along it loses something. I like this version:

Also this is pure epic, and reminds me of Majora's Mask the most: