NEurope
jayseven

Adulthood Is...

The fact I don't feel like, or feel I look like, an adult is a big thing for me.

Really...affects me. I feel like everyone/most people at uni with me are so definitive in their appearance and prescence. And I'm just...this person...in clothes.

Probably tied into the fact I hate what I look like. Hmm.

People tell me I look really old, but I'm like..."really?". People said "Oh you look 25" and I can't take them seriously.

The fact I don't feel like, or feel I look like, an adult is a big thing for me.

Really...affects me. I feel like everyone/most people at uni with me are so definitive in their appearance and prescence. And I'm just...this person...in clothes.

Probably tied into the fact I hate what I look like. Hmm.

People tell me I look really old, but I'm like..."really?". People said "Oh you look 25" and I can't take them seriously.

25 is old? =(

For me adulthood is being able to live on your own, taking care of yourself and the place you live in/the people you live with. Taking responsibilities.

I'm 26 and still far removed from adulthood it seems. Still living at home, still going to uni, still only have a weekend job that only really pays for my phone bill, still learning to drive... Honestly I could very well still be 18 or something. And I really don't mind, as I don't want to grow up. =P

.....NO BEDTIME!!!!

:D

The point you become an adult is when you realise that you can do all that crazy stuff you wanted to do as a child, but don't want to any more.

You become a teenager when you realise you don't have any idea what you're doing, and you become an adult when you realise that nobody has any idea what they're doing.

So do we actually have any adults on the forum? :p

I don't think I'm an adult, but I'm also not a kid. I don't know what I am. I still live at home, I work sparingly, I don't really know what I'm doing or where I'm going, stuck into a day to day limbo and really things just seem to be getting more...boring. Maybe that's what an adult is, getting stuck into the grind? Certainly is interesting, I think adults these days are a lot older than they used to be.

I don't know what that means, but I'll just assume you're agreeing with me.

picard_finger.jpg

Edited by The Mad Monkey

I don't think being an "adult" really matters all that much. Also, there's no point getting hung up on an age, or being a certain age. Its important to enjoy yourself and the life that you are leading. You can't enjoy it alll the time, but you should get some degree of satisfaction from it.

Saying that, if there's a line between teenager/kid on one side and adult on the other, I'm nearing towards the adult side with each day that passes. But, its ok to still regress in some areas. I want the pokemon cartoons on dvd.

As a society we seem to get too bothered by these sorts of things, rather than asking ourselves if we are making good decisions, if we are learning from the bad ones and if we're making the most of the time we have here. My teaching assistant at work has recently come back to work after her breast cancer treatment. She's a good ten years or so older than me, but in terms of her attitude she could easily be the same age. Very lively, very into her music like I am, full of it. I know that at the moment she's loving life.