NEurope
Beast

Lady Gaga

She hates everything i love. :cry:

The Applause visuals are too Gaga. Why would i double take seeing her head on a swan, i've already seen it on a motorbike! I want change!

I liked the video. Just some not-too-distracting imagery to watch while listening to the song. Also there's a bit of the chorus that reminds me of "Girls Gone Wild" by Madonna, and my head keeps singing the Madonna song during it, which is annoying.

And Aneres...I can't get over thinking Fame is her best album. Literally only songs I'd put on a best of Gaga playlist would be like..Paparazzi...and Boys Boys Boys and Paper Gansta cause I like them but the rest don't resemble who she is as an artist really. It's fun/a good pop album but The Fame Monster did it better with less tracks while being *her*. And I personally cannot choose the best tracks from Born This Way, it's fantastic all the way, really interesting.

You wouldn't put Just Dance, Poker Face, Love Game, Summerboy and Disco Heaven on a Gaga playlist? Along with Paparazzi and Boys Boys Boys? :hmm:

You worry me Paj!

I just hated all of the religious stuff that plagued Born This Way. I also found every single off that album minus Judas to be extremely weak. Poor choices at every turn.

The only tracks that were worthy of mention from BTW are Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, Fashion of his Love and Judas. Just didn't care for it as a whole.

Yes, The Fame Monster was pretty spectacular, but I can't help but not class that as a full album. If I did then that would rank as top, but there is no chance BTW was a better album than The Fame. Just my thoughts anyways! :grin:

______

Re the vid - I like it. It's kinda more simple really. This feels like more of a buzz track for her as it just appeared coz of the leak. Even the video is a little less crazy than normal. It's still crazy ha, but not as much.

The song has really really grown on me. It's a great pop song and that chorus is pretty mighty.

Disco Heaven sounds like an unfinished demo for someone else. Definition of a bonus track. I've barely ever listened to that or Again, Again. No way they were ever meant to be part of that first album.

Just Dance and Poker Face are good pop songs and mild classics from that era but not for her. They could have been done by anyone. I wasn't convinced by her even after PF came out. LoveGame I forgot about (...) but that's good, I like that. I'd keep that. The rest is *shrug*. Barely any of that album says 'This is Lady Gaga' since experiencing the years that have followed since.

The only tracks on BTW I could lose would be Hair (still great production) and The Queen (bonus anyway so yeah) and they're bonus. The entire albums production just BLOWS my mind, sounds like nothing else the other pop girls were doing (unless you count the loose allusion to old Madonna songs looool) and is full of gorgeous *sounds*. The start of Bad Kids. The humming in various songs. The spoken bits in Schßisisise. The way her vocals just come out. It's just great. I love it. And people seem to hate You and I? Huh. So sing-along-able. The singles were all appropriately chosen for mass audiences.

The Fame sounds so cheap compared! Except for the rare exceptions. OH I forgot I Like It Rough, sorry. That's great. But not BTW great. She also looked like shit the entire first era but then she didn't have the freedom to do anything very interesting until like year 2.

I forgot how much I loved it until Applause came out. Which I like. The video makes it better.

EDIT: I like Eh, Eh from The Fame too. But maybe just the Pet Shop Boys mix. The video is so lol. Tell me that video reminds you of Lady Gaga.

Cherry cherry boom boom xoxx

She hates everything i love. :cry:

974.gif

Edited by Paj!

So Artpop is out.

I haven't listened much. I intend to give it a proper full listen from start to finish at the weekend when I don't have something on!

All I will say is - Sexxx Dreams is possibly the best thing she has ever ever done. Cannot stop playing it. It's incredible. Why it wasn't or hasn't been a single is beyond me.

Anyone else listened? Thoughts?

So Artpop is out.

I haven't listened much. I intend to give it a proper full listen from start to finish at the weekend when I don't have something on!

All I will say is - Sexxx Dreams is possibly the best thing she has ever ever done. Cannot stop playing it. It's incredible. Why it wasn't or hasn't been a single is beyond me.

Anyone else listened? Thoughts?

Downloaded this today and I think there's a lot to love!

The highlight for me is Gypsy, but Sexx Dreams like you said is great too! Other highlights for me include Venus, G.U.Y. and I quite like Dope too.

They're mainly what I can think of, there's a few songs I'm not mad about but lots of decent songs too. I love how the album ends with Applause, a song I like but not love. I definitely like it more hearing it at the end of the album for some reason; especially after the high energy of Gypsy which I think it conplements very well!

Everything she's doing recently is making me a happy happy seal. Her interviews in particular are really spell bounding me and reminding me why I loved her in the first place. I love this shine she has to her spirit right now and it is difficult to find someone as eloquent and well-expressed as her.

BIG BIG APPROVAL.

I agree Frank. I had kinda lost interest and then Artpop shot her right back into the forefront of my musical mind!

And I love her all the more now.

It's such a fantastic album too. Gypsy is a cracking song, I have a feeling that's gonna be a single at some point.

I still believe sexxx dreams is the greatest thing ever.

I love Aura (dat chorus), love G.U.Y, Venus is bonkers but could still be a huge hit for her.

Do what you want is an incredible track and I always look forward to that part of the album when it comes on.

I really like Swine particularly the end and the chorus.

I've come to appreciate Applause a little more now too. Still a brilliant song but sounds so great like Steve says at the end.

Brilliant!

I blasted pretty much only this album since it's been available. However, in letting it rest, I think Prism by Katy Perry is my favourite of the Q4 pop girl onslaught we're having this year. ARTPOP is very Gaga which is very good but it's also very silly.

One of the greatest performances from her IMO! So fucking brilliant.

Lewinsky-Ga. :p

And dat end minute and a bit! Amazing. :love:

My best friend reckons that singing "DO WHATCHA WOOON WITH MA BAAAAAAHHDEEEEEEEY!" is a good way of picking up women...you think she's right?

Reminding me of something. I heard this earlier and I think it's one of the best covers (if not, the best) of this song.