NEurope
Beast

Lady Gaga

article214140412fce87e0.jpg

Aww, she's cute atm. Rainbow horsey tail does look a bit 'stuck on' though.

Starting to miss the steady stream of music vids now, which is good. Really think she should have a long break after this tour, and then come back in 2014 and be amazing!

First perfume ad:

ladygagahasminiaturemen.jpg

Love the imagery. But don't like the name, it sounds dated and she should move on from the Fame motif now.

There appear to be little men in the way, but sure. :p

If that's the bottle they're selling, it doesn't look very elegent or feminine.

More like a giant Dodo Egg or a Hand Grenade!

Any bets they next perfume will be called 'Born This Way'?

Haha, if they designed it like an actual hand grenade that could be cool! But yeah it looks a bit... clunky. Am reserving judgement until i see it closer up. Am not really expecting to like the smell, cos i am really picky when it comes to perfume.

From twitter:

i4c5a7e16264ab700.jpg

She also made lunch:

Ayqq8TlCYAAg-K9.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Official press release thingy for new music:

sr5m.jpg

Wow... just... wow. Could they possibly sound any more pretentious?

And i hate the Artpop title, it's so obvious.

I really hope she just tones down the weirdness a bit for the new stuff, cos people are expecting it/tired of it. She needs to do something different. At this point her acting normal would be more shocking.

Still excited for new music though!! She's a talented little bugger. :love:

That is awful. Some amazing artists listed as collaborators in that event at the end though...?!

It'll be a bloody album with a shitty app tacked on, watch this space. Bjork is the only person to have reasonable success with a similar thing, but the app seemed to be rather silly in the end.

We don't give a shit about the app! No one gives a shit about the app except her! :red:

So stupid. Just put out an album without all the gimmicky stuff.

And that press release is just cringey.

So Applause is out. Kinda.

What do we think?

I like it. But I expected a little more to be honest. I don't think she will ever better Bad Romance. This has a pretty great chorus but it doesn't sound like a Gaga track. It's very generic. Could be anyone.

What's with all the 'big' artists not being able to deliver these days. Katy Perry's new song is equally as 'ok' as this. Compared to their previous stuff I mean.

I was going to post about this but then couldn't really be bothered which I think kind of says it all.

My opinion of Applause is that it continues Lady Gaga's trend of poor first singles, along with Just Dance and Born This Way, neither of which I like to this day.

I'd be really interested in hearing the rest of the album, as I'm a fan, also her follow up singles (Poker Face, Paparazzi, Judas and Edge of Glory) have always been great, so we'll see.

I'm also not quite convinced by this need of hers to have a 'gimmick' (or at least that's how it feels) to accompany each album launch... the prosthetics and the face painting. Just let the music do the talking.

As for Katy Perry's new song, it's not really doing anything new but I like it! :) Grrrr

Brought back to the west for the first time in over a year.

I like this. It's a great, fun song. It just sounds like the perfect kind of song for her right now. The verses are really really impressing me, her singing is becoming actively more unusual which is great. I'm certainly not taking her seriously these days so this is just great fun for me.

I've listened to it now while doing other things and it's just meh. I'll let the radio's and club's repeating chorus show me if it's worth any attention.

It is definitely just 'meh'.

It's a bit Cascada for my liking lol. And that is not a good thing in the slightest. :heh:

Having said that I am still wanting to listen to it.

Looking forward to the album but I don't really know how I feel about her as an artist any more. She was a bit of a breath of fresh air to begin with but now I'm not so sure.

It's almost like because she's become this huge thing, she feels her music has to have some sort of message or meaning for all of her 'little monsters', rather than just making great pop music about any old shit. I found her last album to be largely forgettable (despite having so many tracks, although Heavy Metal Lover still remains one of the most incredible things ever) and think The Fame is easily her best album. No bull shit, no hidden messages - just good solid pop.

I hope Artpop is similar.

Yeah i wish she'd stop banging on about little monsters, and how arty she is. That's what's becoming a turn off for people. Thought she'd have the self awareness to realise that she's not shocking anymore, cos people are used to it now. It doesn't have to mean the end of her, she could still evolve her style, and even her not trying so hard and taking herself so seriously would be doing that.

The Fame is by far her WORST album. Littered with label intrusion, features and production I doubt she wanted. Fame Monster and then Born This Way is what Lady Gaga really is.

Though I agree her last 2 albums have probably been more 'her', there is absolutely no way they are better than The Fame. My opinion of course.

Just waiting for her to appear in a suit made of feces, oh you so controversial Lady GG...

So i guess you've all seen the vid by now.

Disappointed! When she tweeted about that "b&w gaga vs colour gaga" concept, that sounded quite interesting. But that concept doesn't come across well at all! It's just a bunch of random imagery and her naked as usual. Could've benefited from a much stronger storyline, like the Telephone vid (the best gaga vid by far!).

She doesn't like the Telephone video.

The Applause video is brilliant. It makes the song *make sense*. It's all a performance. Look, it's a stage..she's a clown, a botticelli painting etc, without it being too on the nose. Comes off like fashion imagery, which is always nice. Lovely.

And Aneres...I can't get over thinking Fame is her best album. Literally only songs I'd put on a best of Gaga playlist would be like..Paparazzi...and Boys Boys Boys and Paper Gansta cause I like them but the rest don't resemble who she is as an artist really. It's fun/a good pop album but The Fame Monster did it better with less tracks while being *her*. And I personally cannot choose the best tracks from Born This Way, it's fantastic all the way, really interesting.