NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtle Squad

Resi 5 & Sonic!?!

Erm....so is the Revo going to get Resi 5 & Sonic and other such multiplatform titles that the other two are getting?

I wouldn't be able to live without Resi 5 on the Revo :(.....4 was so good!!

I think they'll wait until more has been revealed...like the specs and the controller shell they're talking about before to confirm it. Let's cross our fingers.

We don't know what games will be coming to the Revolution yet, really. We know a Metroid game is coming, and a few various others. A sonic game or Resi game, we just don't know yet. It's really far too early to know what will be coming.

I have a feeling Sonic Team are not going to release the same sonic game as on PS3 and Xbox360, but rather a completely differant version, which uses the revs motion sensor heavily.

Well, thats what I hope, anyway.

If we do get either games; I doubt they'll be completely different to their ps3 and 360 counterparts.

I for one think a large ammount of multi-format games will not make use of the revo's innovations; only the first party/exclusive titles will see full on interaction with 'freehand'; however, some may make small ammendments(alá the GC-GBA cable features) to the gameplay, but no full on changes.

However, it they say, move some of the face mapped buttons to a simple flick left/right/up/down, then I could see that being used-but nothing like some people want from revolution games.

So far we only know that some developers are interested and a few other promises. I would go as far as saying right now except a very selected few games (Mario, Metroid, ...) everything else but a confirmed game is hot air. I really hope for RE5 on the Revolution but right now it seems rather bad for it or any other games. Since everybody now knows about the controller what keeps a developer like Capcom away from confirming RE5 for Revolution? After all such announcements normally are good for the stock market. And I doubt there is a NDA which forbids a developer to say which games they have for a certain console...

I'm be EXTREMELY suprised to not see Sonic on the Rev; because of how well Sonic games sell on the GC and because Sega see Nintendo as a very similar company (fanwise and philosophy wise) to themselves.

I'd love a Rev exclusive Sonic game though!

Nintendo is close with Capcom and Resi 4 did sell well; i'd expect Resi 5 to be announced when Rev is completely revealed.

Since everybody now knows about the controller what keeps a developer like Capcom away from confirming RE5 for Revolution?

Maybe they want to wait for the specs to be revealed and the controller shell. Let's not jump to conclusions yet.

It's hard to determine what kind of 3rd party support Nintendo will get at this point. Most of the next-gen games for X-box 360 and PS3, such as RE5 and Sonic, won't be made to work on the Revolution.

I believe most developers are waiting for see that "shell" that Nintendo claims to be making for basic games that don't use the revolutionary controller.

oh please

it won't be on the revolution

becuase Sega will have to go all the way back and manage the control settings just for a Remote controll

Capcom will aslo has to go all the way back to master the control just for Revo's remote control

oh please

it won't be on the revolution

becuase Sega will have to go all the way back and manage the control settings just for a Remote controll

Capcom will aslo has to go all the way back to master the control just for Revo's remote control

My god why...why are there still people who fail to absorb information...

THE FREAKING SHELL!!! SHELL SHELL SHELL SHELL!!!!

its like...for playing conventional ports

My god why...why are there still people who fail to absorb information...

THE FREAKING SHELL!!! SHELL SHELL SHELL SHELL!!!!

its like...for playing conventional ports

Yeah EXACTLY!!

'Xino' there will be add-ons for the Rev controller that will allow it to take on the shape of a much more 'standard (traditional)' controller!

Nintendo have SERIOUSLY thought everything through and delivered more than could be imagined!

i think more games will be revealed at E3. there are probably games being developed right now, but i think nintendi is just waitin g foor the right moment.

Forget the shell. People seem to completely overlook the fact that the nunchuk combo is the same setup as a standard controller anyway with the buttons in different positions. Sure there are a couple less, but the movement of the controller makes up for a number of buttons. Forget camera buttons, the controller deals with that. Capcom could get Resident Evil 5 running on Revolution with ease and without using the shell.

And while they're at it I'd be very surprised if they didn't add extra options in too. The same with all ports. I don't see why people are still concerned about this. Like someone said, if it's a real problem there's "the shell". God I hope that gets a new name soon :) hehe

How would you have to rework the control settings? You would probably need a grand total of 2 buttons for a Sonic game. Hardly a massive task.

And as Deku said: "THE FREAKING SHELL!!! SHELL SHELL SHELL SHELL!!!!"

Of course you can just use the shell with the controller to play a game like Resident Evil 5 but there is a problem. Lets say that the Nintendo Revolution is underpowered compared to the XBOX360 or PS3 and the Revolution controller would not be used at all. That means a customer can either get the high-res and probably "better" looking game with traditional control or either the Revolution one with nearly the same controller scheme but without the gfx power.

So I think either Nintendo has to really make it simple to code for the controller or deliever a power machine which can at least compete with the XBOX360.

Of course you can just use the shell with the controller to play a game like Resident Evil 5 but there is a problem. Lets say that the Nintendo Revolution is underpowered compared to the XBOX360 or PS3 and the Revolution controller would not be used at all. That means a customer can either get the high-res and probably "better" looking game with traditional control or either the Revolution one with nearly the same controller scheme but without the gfx power.

So I think either Nintendo has to really make it simple to code for the controller or deliever a power machine which can at least compete with the XBOX360.

Aye, there is that. But, we don't know sod all about any of that yet. So, we're playing the waiting game, again. :P

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has said that while their main aim next-gen is to deliver a revolution to gaming (which they have done); they intend to keep up with the competitions machines in terms of graphics etc... because of its importance to third party developers and some areas of the market.

Could be wrong, but i'm sure i've heard Nintendo representatives state this in a number of interviews!

Forget the shell! What's the point in Nintendo spending all that time and effort on a new set up, a supposed revolutionary one at that, only to revert to a shell which would be an easy and enticing way to go for the 'not so sure' 3rd party developers.

In fact, I haven't seen or heard Nintendo mentioning a "Shell" only IGN (who were the first to post a mock up shell) so if anyone has the quote from Nintendo themselves regarding a 'Shell' please post it so I can get a read.

With the Nunchuck/chaku set up, as was previously mentioned above, we do not 'need' a traditional controller set up. And if Iwata is to be believed (going by the recent German interview) after touching and using the controller, we will never want to use the old approach to controllers again.

Forget the shell! What's the point in Nintendo spending all that time and effort on a new set up, a supposed revolutionary one at that, only to revert to a shell which would be an easy and enticing way to go for the 'not so sure' 3rd party developers.

In fact, I haven't seen or heard Nintendo mentioning a "Shell" only IGN (who were the first to post a mock up shell) so if anyone has the quote from Nintendo themselves regarding a 'Shell' please post it so I can get a read.

With the Nunchuck/chaku set up, as was previously mentioned above, we do not 'need' a traditional controller set up. And if Iwata is to be believed (going by the recent German interview) after touching and using the controller, we will never want to use the old approach to controllers again.

Jim Merrick: We're producing a classic-style expansion controller, based on traditional designs like the Gamecube controller. It's like a shell with a hole in the top into which you slot the freehand-style controller, and then you can play third-party ported games, and retro Nintendo games you've downloaded.

Here you are.

I think it's pretty obvious that Ressie 5 is coming to the Rev. Think about it, Capcom saying version for other consoles, Ninty saying almost 'we'll announce it later' and the hint of the horror game in the Revolution trailer.

If you watch the keynote speech, Iwata states that there will be a standard controller shell which the freehand controller will slot into, as well.

I think Nintendo are just playing it safe with the whole shell idea here incase the 'remote' isn't as popular as first thought. But what could then differentiate the Revolution from the other consoles... :hmm:

Thanks for the references regarding the 'Shell'.

However I feel this set up could only be used for retro gaming. But there is a danger lazy third party developers could just use the shell for ports, which would be a travesty to be honest, especially not opting for the unique potential of the rev controller. Dave Perry would be one of those that would be lazy enough not to experiment and try something new with the new controller, if going by his recent remarks can be taken into consideration.

Sign in to follow this