NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Are people still playing this online? Started the story mode about a week ago but gonna venture online soon.

I log on occassionally, actually played it for a couple hours yesterday. Still lots of fun. I mostly mess around freeplay now, killing every player I get my sights on. Too much crap user made content in my opinion. If you play on PS3 I'd be happy to team up for whatever fancy :)

Edited by Tales

I log on occassionally, actually played it for a couple hours yesterday. Still lots of fun. I mostly mess around freeplay now, killing every player I get my sights on. Too much crap user made content in my opinion. If you play on PS3 I'd be happy to team up for whatever fancy you though :)

Ah, I'm on Xbox, forgot about the whole different consoles thing! :heh:

Let me rephrase...

Anyone still playing this online on Xbox?

@Tales, that was a great little online session just now. :cool:

I hadn't played GTA V in a long time (as you could probably tell :heh:) it's amazing how much the online game has progressed, with people going around in tanks and stuff. :laughing:

First time I've ever managed to steal/fly a fighter jet online too. :D

Are you going to try and reach Level 100?

Yeah, it was fun. Nice to finally meet an N-E member. I thought I was the only one still playing.

You can order tanks from Merryweather at lv 70. I'm not there yet so that's why I was trying to steal them when you appeared, they aren't personal vehicles. Managed to steal one once but it was badly damaged.

It was at Merryweather where I rented the chopper that brought us straight into the military base(I didn't know you could fly it straight there until earlier today actually)

Doubt I will reach lv 100 unless they add some major new content. Right now it requires too much rp for me who mostly messes around in freeplay and don't care what missions give me the most rp.

What happened in that jet fight? It happen so fast, but was there a third player there too? He shot down you and I shot down him. Was it a buzzard?(chopper with missiles) For the most part, since I thought we were the only ones, I tried to shoot down what I thought was you :p

Edited by Tales

What happened in that jet fight? It happen so fast, but was there a third player there too? He shot down you and I shot down him. Was it a buzzard?(chopper with missiles) For the most part, since I thought we were the only ones, I tried to shoot down what I thought was you :p
Not sure really, I was quite surprised that I even managed to successfully steal one. :D

Then when I was flying away from the military base, I thought I was trying to lose the police/army NPCs, but it turned out to be other players in some kind of choppers (they had missiles, yeah).

I only managed to shoot one of them down (the fighter Jet is a bit too fast I think :hehe:) before I ended up getting blown up myself. :woops:

If anyone wants to play online on PS3, just mention me here. I play it quite regulary nowadays.

... And there was me thinking there wasn't much difference in the press conference!

Haven't played this yet.

I've not played since moving house much because its hard to get time and my games room isn't set up yet (so the WiiU is getting a workout because of off screen play)

think i'm gonna get this for PC and just transfer all the online things...does it allow single player saves to switch over? if not i really don't mind replaying what is an awesome game.....and if its on my PC i can use my WiiU pad and sort of finally play a GTA game on part of a nintendo console lol

Looking at both, that is some difference. GTA V pushed the last generation to the limits with it's power, and now i believe it will have justice on the PS4/PC/Xbone with the added power all 3 provide.

Just been reading this over at NeoGaf... someone has apparently had a 45 minutes behind closed doors look at the ports of it... and well it sounds fucking incredible:

I saw 30 minutes of gameplay of this game yesterday.

Guys the changes are astounding. Really incredible stuff. Rockstar said their goal was to push PS4 / X1 like how they pushes PS3 and 360. The environment changes they've done are incredible.

This remaster is the real deal. New trailer should be going out soon.

Ok so a few responses.

1. I saw this at the GameStop managers conference in Anehiem. Rockstar gave a 45 minute closed doors presentation.

2. They showed us multiple locals. The city, underwater areas, country side etc.

3. Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.

4. Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.

5. Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous

6. No release date given. They simply said soon.

7. Animal texture work has been 100 % re done.

8. Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.

9. Promised "new" content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.

10. Best remaster Ive seen by far. I literally gasped at the differences.

Ok thanks for the questions I'll answer what I can.

1. Character models have been improved for sure.

2. Street detail is massively improved. Rain water now pools up on the road and honestly reminded me of Infamous Second Sons wet roads.

3. Animal and Wildlife count has been upped. They specifically mentioned how much they learned from Red Dead Remption and the original GTA5 and wanted to improve animal interactions even more.

4. Animals now sport actual fur. As in strands of hair that stick out from the actual body not just flat textures like in the original release.

5. I believe this has been in development since before GTA5s actual release as they said its been heavily worked on for over a year. Believe me you can tell. This is a complete remaster not just an uprezzed port. A huge chunk of staff have to be working on this.

Cars on the road appeared 2x more or so to me.

Cant comment on physics and such guys as much of what they showed was environmental without tons of action. They showed a lot of the beautiful vistas from a debug mode where they were free camera.

Looked 30 to me. But I believe its not locked down the FPS yet.

considering the visuals I'll be shocked if its 60 at launch but Im not confirming anything.

Thats really all Ive got on impressions guys sorry I don't have more.

Considering how much they showed I think a new trailer / release date are coming shortly but haven't had confirmation of that. It appeared to me though they were gearing up for a big reveal.

still can't decide if to to get it for PS4 so multiplayer with friends or PC for mods...

tempted to get PS4 then PC when its in a steam sale...

still can't decide if to to get it for PS4 so multiplayer with friends or PC for mods...

Unless they've created an entirely different multiplayer, go for the PC version for mods.

The problem with the multi is every fucking fun thing is locked away for you to grind towards. Its why I stopped playing after a couple of weeks.

I will try and get back into it again with the PS4 version. Did they ever add a cops and robbers mode like in GTAIV?

Release date revealed!

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. has added a news release to its Investor Relations website.

Title: Rockstar Games® Announces Grand Theft Auto V® Release Dates and Exclusive Content Details for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 12, 2014-- Rockstar Games® is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V® will arrive on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft on November 18, 2014, with the PC version to follow on January 27, 2015. Visit

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities;

- Additional wildlife;

- Denser traffic;

- New foliage system;

- Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections, with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game's 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities, including wildlife photography; and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come.

I never played the multiplayer, so i've got no opinion on it.

I'll probably pick it up next year, i'm in no rush to replay something which is virtually the same as last year.

I'll probably get it again next year. The end of October and November are pretty busy for me gaming-wise.

Well I'll be picking this up in 2 months then for sure. Completed it twice in a week on 360, see what I can do with the PS4 version.

Might buy this again if it's reasonable priced. Spent a lot of time online with this.