NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

The FPS view is nice but I'm not sure its something I'll use all the time. Thankfully you can map sprint to the right stick in FPS but you have to hold it down to keep sprinting. Feels like I'm going to snap the analogue.

I stamped a Poodle to death yesterday. I'm not sure I'm completely over it.

It's very good so far, I'm unlocked side events every so often, there's quite a bit to do! Hopefully there's even more. I thought the city looked good but the countryside/desert is divine.

The whole thing makes Watch Dogs quite redundant.

It's very good so far, I'm unlocked side events every so often, there's quite a bit to do! Hopefully there's even more. I thought the city looked good but the countryside/desert is divine.

Trust me, there is SO much to do.

I take it you haven't played GTA V, yet? So I'll put the following into a spoiler tag (there's not much of a spoiler in there...just how the "type" of some missions). However, if you want to get a SHITLOAD of money later in the game (i.e. about $1.5billion for each character, you should read it (I didn't do it on the PS3 version, as I blasted through the story and missed the opportunity)

At some point during the story the so called "Assassination Missions" open up. Lester gives you targets and you have to kill them (duh). The interesting part is: The stock market.

Finishing a mission greatly changes certain company's stocks.

This is how it works: Invest in a certain company (i.e. use all your money to buy their stocks) before a mission, finish the mission, wait a bit, sell the stocks and BOOM. Profit!

IGN run-down on how you should do it

I'll follow the guide as soon as the missions become available. : peace:

Anyway, haven't played the game as much as I wanted to the past two days. Today, though, I have nothing to do, which means I'll play and play and play :D

I thought the city looked good but the countryside/desert is divine.

Just reached the desert by playing through some story missions (didn't want to go there before I got to that point). It looks absolutely astounding :bowdown:

Will now grab a plane and explore the beautiful countryside : peace:

Finally a Grand Theft Auto has grabbed me. I think I might even buy it again on PC, seriously this game is too good.

Will any one be available for online over the weekend? I'm itching to play it with people I kinda know.

Sure, what time?

Added you @The Bard

Sorry for leaving so soon drahkon, I was doing missions in singleplayer when I got your invites so when the others left after the first race I thought I'd continue with singeplayer again for the night.

Edited by Tales

Sure, what time?

Added you @The Bard

Sorry for leaving so soon drahkon, I was doing missions in singleplayer when I got your invites so when the others left after the first race I thought I'd continue with singeplayer again for the night.

Anytime from 4pm onwards on Saturday or Sunday. I'd play tomorrow but I've promised a friend I'd play L4D2 with her tomorrow night.

No worries, didn't even realise you left during that plane race. It was so much fun flying with that jet :laughing:

Anytime from 4pm onwards on Saturday or Sunday. I'd play tomorrow but I've promised a friend I'd play L4D2 with her tomorrow night.

Tomorrow sounds good to me.

Didn't want to bump an old thread, but I heard a while ago that Rockstar were also remastering Red Dead Redemption for the new consoles, with a sequel also on the way. Has anybody else heard any further news on this? Tried googling, but nothing there.

Didn't want to bump an old thread, but I heard a while ago that Rockstar were also remastering Red Dead Redemption for the new consoles, with a sequel also on the way. Has anybody else heard any further news on this? Tried googling, but nothing there.

There's a thread about this on NeoGAF.

It doesn't look likely, sorry.

Got this game for Christmas and have been playing for hours. It's really good! Such a time sucker, though.

Got this game for Christmas and have been playing for hours. It's really good! Such a time sucker, though.
Must be nice going straight into the definitive version of this game. Kind of wish I didn't get it on PS3 now. :heh:

Must be nice going straight into the definitive version of this game. Kind of wish I didn't get it on PS3 now. :heh:

I've never really played a GTA except for the original on PC, which I did enjoy. Being Nintendo-only, I never really got the opportunity to dive into the series. This game is quite special. I haven't really followed its development or release at all, so it's all a great surprise. I LOVE the world that's been created and the characters. The dialogue is pretty damn good, too.

I spent about 2 hours the other night just driving around and taking it all in. I can tell that it's one of those games where you can just waste a lot of time on it doing very little. I don't mind that one bit. :yay:

I do somewhat wish that I had this digitally, but it's so expensive.

Is anyone else finding that online is slowly being ruined by the "community"? I've been trying to find a decent job to do for ages, but I only seem to find 3 different types of jobs:

1: Rooftop Rumble, where people complete the mission, but then wait around for up to 20 minutes to maximise the payout.

2: Rooftop Rumble, where people seem completely incapable of keeping the document intact.

3: A game full of cretins who either run me over/bring a bike to the mission then crash and die/remain completely idle.

I've been trying to get from level 99 to 100 pretty much all day, but I'm only about a quarter of the way due to other players.

I stopped playing it online because it is so difficult to find a decent game with more than two players. Where are those 30 player games? All I find is horrible user made racers with three or four people, half that actually finish the race(and I'm not always one of those if the race is that bad) I have many good moments with the game online, but they are far and few between. I wish there was an option to search for lobbies with x amount of players, instead of throwing me into a lobby with 2-3 players when you could have 20-30 players.

I have no problem finding games with people in, I just have problems finding games with decent people in.

I mainly do Contact Jobs though, so maybe that's why.

I wish there was a way to exclude certain missions, that way I could avoid the Rooftop Rumble grindfests that are plaguing the game. I do hope Rockstar nerf the crap out of it soon.

I went online Friday, couldn't get a decent match either. Kept getting run over, shot and robbed by my own team. Turned off as i discovered this was happening all the time in all matches i played

I've really never been able to get into the multiplayer. To me, GTA has always been about just messing around and doing your own thing. There's nothing wrong with doing that with friends, but I find having to do a bunch of missions--usually with random people, in order to unlock better stuff to mess around with is just tedious. I'd rather just have a sandbox multiplayer mode where you can bring in all your stuff from single player and mess around with friends. Also, I really wish they would add more car (and other vehicle) storage space to single player.

Get a group of friends online, make a private game, play golf, tennis, and just generally fuck around. Oh and have your mics on, turn on non stop pop and have a sing along!

I guarantee a unique gaming experience and a damn good time!

Non-stop-pop.png

I might do something like that once the PC version comes out. I originally played the PS3 version, but I don't have many friends who have PS3s as opposed to gaming PCs. Still not convinced by mission oriented multiplayer in a sandbox game though.