NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Just out of interest, anyone seen this article/rant on GTA V? http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/16/gta-5-the-housers-maturation-is-lacking-maturity/

I can see where they're coming from, but it's kind of missing the point really. Isn't the classic GTA way all about taking social and economical issues, then parodying the hell out of them with satire, and a dose of shock comedy in the mix?

I think that's their point though, how long can they keep relying on the same thing?

I guess GTA will go forever. As this generation of gamers grow up and get a bit bored with all the sillyness, younger gamers will fill their place.

I'll admit, I'm tiring of the satire etc now and just play for the actual story, the characters and the free roaming. Maybe I'm getting old and just don't find it as funny anymore. GTAV still had some very good moments, but the parody and excessive violence/douchebaggery (like most of Trevor's stuff, especially the intro they mention in that article) just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I really need to get on this more, haven't played it for a couple of weeks. Still got the story to finish and have barely touched online. I was loving it, just got sidetracked a bit by Pokémon. Along with this and The Last of Us I have way too much to play, how do all of you keep up with everything?!?!?

The online falls short on so many levels it's insane... is it still a work in progress or what? Is this the "final build"? oO

The online falls short on so many levels it's insane... is it still a work in progress or what? Is this the "final build"? oO

Some features are still locked for now (such as the heists).

It does get better the more you play it as well. You start off with only a few missions and you get more as you level up. I guess they're going for the whole MMO feel (better missions at higher levels, rolling out better content/features over time etc).

GTA Online is best played with a couple of friends. Even mediocre missions and pointless adventures become extremely fun that way.

Thought I'd see how much I could damage my car. It caught fire outside my garage, so I quickly put it away to repair it. It exploded during the garage entering cutscene, but it still repaired luckily.

GTAV.jpg

GTA Online is best played with a couple of friends. Even mediocre missions and pointless adventures become extremely fun that way.

I barely have any friends who are gamers, and the ones I do have are mostly on PC (and just pirate everything they play, anyway... most people just can't afford to be serious gamers in my country), so I won't get to try it out properly, but yeah... I can imagine it must be awesome just jerking around with some friends.

Co-op with friends is awesome, but sadly most of us outside the richest countries just don't have that many chances to enjoy it. I'm stuck playing with strangers, most of the time. :P

If only there was some way you could play with, say, people from N-E!

Oh well.

I pimped up a motorbike, spend loadsa dosh on it and then helped out a randomer who had car stolen. Bike disappears!

Stupid system.

If only there was some way you could play with, say, people from N-E!

Oh well.

Not the same at all, is it? I don't know you guys, and even if I did start playing with you it'd literally take years to build a rapport. When I say friend, I do mean friend, not just someone I know from the internet.

Maybe if you didn't have to argue against everyone all the time it wouldn't take years.

Edited by Ellmeister

I think that's their point though, how long can they keep relying on the same thing?

I guess GTA will go forever. As this generation of gamers grow up and get a bit bored with all the sillyness, younger gamers will fill their place.

I'll admit, I'm tiring of the satire etc now and just play for the actual story, the characters and the free roaming. Maybe I'm getting old and just don't find it as funny anymore. GTAV still had some very good moments, but the parody and excessive violence/douchebaggery (like most of Trevor's stuff, especially the intro they mention in that article) just doesn't do it for me anymore.

True, perhaps they may not be able to keep the same sense of humour up, and some gamers will move on from that. As you said though, other gamers will always be there to fill in that gap. In comparison, the same mechanics has worked for the Call of Duty series so far, so as long as people are familiar enough with a concept, they'll keep buying into it. It's just fortunate that Rockstar aren't churning out a new GTA game every year.

To be honest, I think the satire is a staple of the GTA series, it doesn't feel right without it. GTA IV was a lot more serious and gritty than the other installments, and I feel that some of the appeal was lost due to that. Personally, I like the satire, it's a good parody of the worst habits/aspects of society, and works on many levels.

When's that extra money getting sent out by Rockstar? I still haven't bought an apartment yet. :heh:

When's that extra money getting sent out by Rockstar? I still haven't bought an apartment yet. :heh:

250K this week and 250K next week apparently!

With the money I have from before, I have enough for the largest apartment and pimp my car for 200k :D

If anyone wants to get together, just tag or mention me and I'll see if I can get on.

Yo dawgs.

Some might remember that me and my girlfriend bought this game

Well, we're having a blast I tell you.

We've also started going online, but there's so much stuff going on we're a bit overwhelmed.

We play it on her Playstation and her ID = JustALittlePuppy.

Though we named the character 'Fused', we can't seem to find that name back anywhere...

We signed up with the N-E crew.

Anything we need to be aware of?

Edit: This game is so incredible.

Edited by Fused King

I pimped up a motorbike, spend loadsa dosh on it and then helped out a randomer who had car stolen. Bike disappears!

Stupid system.

That's why I never ever bother with car upgrades in open world games....unless it's part of mission.

I did do the same to a car, lost it and it had been impounded so not too bad!

Managed to steal second military jet with Michael yesterday. Just Franklin to go!

i can't get online at all today! @CoolFunkMan has invited me (and i assume all the N-e crew by auto invite) to loads of games tonight, and i've tried joining them to get every time "rockstar cloud servers are unavailable"

i thought online was more stable now :hmm:

Really love the little details R* put into the game and as a geek I loved this:

J4Thozk.jpg

i can't get online at all today! @CoolFunkMan has invited me (and i assume all the N-e crew by auto invite) to loads of games tonight, and i've tried joining them to get every time "rockstar cloud servers are unavailable"

i thought online was more stable now :hmm:

But I haven't even got GTA Online yet, let alone XBL Gold. I don't remember sending an invite either, unless it was an automated thing. I'll hopefully get it soon though (when I actually have cash, and the game is stable enough to play...)

But I haven't even got GTA Online yet, let alone XBL Gold. I don't remember sending an invite either, unless it was an automated thing. I'll hopefully get it soon though (when I actually have cash, and the game is stable enough to play...)

:red: really?

who the hell was it? sure it was Cool something.....i even posted this whilst still on GTA......

might have to look through my friends list see if there is a similar name

Really love the little details R* put into the game and as a geek I loved this:

I really love the little details R* put into the game too and as a sexual deviant I loved this!

0_0.jpg

Edited by Cookyman