NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Is there any advantage in joining Rockstar Social aside from all the gimmicks?

Free shit in single player. IIRC it's a couple of guns and a free garage for each character.

I think there's some multiplayer advantage too, but I can't remember what.

Got myself a 6 car garage now. Might get rid of the Bravado Buffalo for a better 4 door car. Not sure yet.

0_0.jpg

Edited by Goafer

How do you upload pictures from the game?

They should upload automatically to your Rockstar Social Club page. Go to the Snapmatic page, then change the filter to your photos.

Strange, nothing's there. They are saved in the gallery in the game however.

Got rid of the Bronco, got a better 4 door car and customised my Sabre:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I like black cars...

I've also started doing random survivals. It's not too bad with random people, since only the AI are trying to kill you. Reasonable rewards too.

Edited by Goafer

Tried online earlier, but it's so hard to find a decent amount of people to play with, especially if you try to host one yourself or search for a job that isn't a mission.

Anyone playing this on 360? I'm online most evenings from around 10pm. My Gamertag is Seryph01. DOOOO EEEEET.

Tried online earlier, but it's so hard to find a decent amount of people to play with, especially if you try to host one yourself or search for a job that isn't a mission.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame really. The only problem is that most story missions are 2 or 4 player, so there's not much point finding more people if all you want to do is progress.

Buying a garage is totally worth it (I assume the same is true for all properties). No more do I have to trek half way across the map to retrieve my personal car. One call to the mechanic and he'll either deliver my current personal car, or bring me a different one from my garage. It's bliss.

Is there any advantage in joining Rockstar Social aside from all the gimmicks?

To add to the earlier information, I just found out that you can get an Elegy RH8 free from the Legendary Motorsport webpage (in game webpage) if you're a member of the Social Club.

ElegyRH8-GTAV-front.jpeg

From what I remember of using it in single player, it's a competent car. I'd get it myself in MP if I had the garage space. I have one space left and it offers nothing my current cars don't already.

Also, does anyone know if heists have been unlocked? Got a message from Lester telling me to get a high end property, as he has some special jobs coming up.

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

Just finished playing a mission with someone who I can only assume is the Chuckle Brothers' retarded nephew.

It was one of the missions where you have to steal a tanker. I searched for the mission from my garage, so it started me without a personal vehicle, since all mine were still in storage. No matter, Humongous Chuckle had his bright blue bro-truck. It wouldn't have surprised me if it had Truck Nuts on it. He was honking his horn like an enraged ape in a car fire, so I hopped in.

Being a helpful chap, I set the sat nav. Pro Tip: Setting it from the select menu quick nav thing allows you to track moving objects, instead of setting it manually to a set location. With my pro sat nav skills leading the way we set off. This however, was not good enough for Humongous, who stopped every 5 minutes to reset the sat nav. This made us lost. A lot. At one point we were up a mountain, with him trying to hop the barrier in his bro-nstrosity. What actually happened was he rammed the barrier until his penis extension mobile was wrecked.

We finally got to the truck after much sadness. We killed the people surrounding it (it had stopped at a depot) and we both got in. Alas, he was driving again. We lurched onward, with all the driving panache of a hippo on ice. I got killed by one of the SWAT units he had rammed into. I spawned without a vehicle. I called the mechanic to deliver my bike, so I could catch up easily. For some reason the mechanic took forever, so I was way behind.

When I caught up, I found him about 60 seconds down the road, wedged in a tunnel and desperately trying to turn round. Eventually he gave up and just went through the tunnel, leading us completely the wrong way. Somehow, we ended up in the drainage duct/river thing. I have no idea how, but he managed to tip the truck over, detaching the trailer in the process. He spent the next 10 minutes trying to ram the trailer up right again, all the while I just watched in awe. At one point, I swear his character said "To me. To you".

Eventually, he got it upright and attached it again. This was by far the most tiresome $3K I've ever earned in game.

Completed the final story mission last night, still got a lot of side stuff to do as well. I have to say, that this is an absolutely brilliant game, definitely my GOTY so far (and I don't see that changing), which says a lot, considering I wasn't really interested in it prior to release. I'll be the elephant in the room here, and say that GTA IV was over-rated, was mediocre at best, and GTA V beats in in every way. That said, Nico's story is more dramatic, but I preferred the pacing and variety of this installment.

I really couldn't bring myself to kill Mike or Trev. Whilst those options seem more realistic story-wise, I became too attached to the characters, so I chose option C. I like how all the loose ends were tied up, it's satisfying to take down everyone that screwed you over. Probably the closest thing to a happy ending GTA has ever had (even though this is the first GTA I've ever completed, but I've heard about the endings.)

I really couldn't bring myself to kill Mike or Trev. Whilst those options seem more realistic story-wise, I became too attached to the characters, so I chose option C. I like how all the loose ends were tied up, it's satisfying to take down everyone that screwed you over. Probably the closest thing to a happy ending GTA has ever had (even though this is the first GTA I've ever completed, but I've heard about the endings.)

Did you not think that option C could see Franklin die? In all honesty I saw the options and picked C because I couldn't imagine playing after the game with either of them not being playable, but then in the process of doing the mission it then hit me... what if this means Franklin dies?

Fortunately that wasn't the case, but yeah I just picked C based on not wanting to lose any of the characters not thinking that It could mean Franklin doesn't make.

I thought Option A and B were joke endings, mocking games which have silly choices at the end.

Did you not think that option C could see Franklin die? In all honesty I saw the options and picked C because I couldn't imagine playing after the game with either of them not being playable, but then in the process of doing the mission it then hit me... what if this means Franklin dies?

Fortunately that wasn't the case, but yeah I just picked C based on not wanting to lose any of the characters not thinking that It could mean Franklin doesn't make.

I totally thought that Franklin was going to die if I chose C. The first two endings killed off a character and option C was called "Death Wish" so I figured the choice was more of a "who do you want to kill off". I did think it was odd that 3 didn't specifically mention killing Franklin, so I Googled it before I made a decision. I'd probably have killed Trevor if I had to pick between the main three. I like Michael too much and Franklin's special ability is the only one I actually use.

I totally thought that Franklin was going to die if I chose C. The first two endings killed off a character and option C was called "Death Wish" so I figured the choice was more of a "who do you want to kill off". I did think it was odd that 3 didn't specifically mention killing Franklin, so I Googled it before I made a decision. I'd probably have killed Trevor if I had to pick between the main three. I like Michael too much and Franklin's special ability is the only one I actually use.

I did this and had the same thoughts when deciding!

So....I thought the most recent patch was supposed to have put an end to character deletions....mines gone both in game and on the website... I'm pretty much done with GTA Online my most recent character was a higher level than had go to with the most recent, had saved a lot of cash...

Did you do anything to make that happpen? They have said not to create a new character if yours is gone, among other stuff you shouldn't do. Hopefully it's just temporarily gone.

My biggest complaint is still difficulties in getting max amount of people for a job or mission, at least more than one other guy..Maybe I'll try some more this weekend.

Rockstar have mentioned they are working on restoring deleted characters. Might be a good idea to just check back once in a while to see if it's back.

My biggest complaint is still difficulties in getting max amount of people for a job or mission, at least more than one other guy..Maybe I'll try some more this weekend.

Do you use the quick match option on the phone? I often get lobbies with 10+ other players in a race or mission.

I always used the pause menu and picked quick jobs from there. Didn't know you could use the phone. That alone makes a difference?

To be honest, I sort of had the ending spoiled for me anyway. I vaguely heard something about it on the bus (of all bloody places), then my mate recommended option C. I was kinda skeptical, but glad I chose it.

I honestly don't get how anyone could choose option A or B, unless they really hated either of the characters. I actually watched the other endings on YouTube, and just felt depressed after watching them.

I always used the pause menu and picked quick jobs from there. Didn't know you could use the phone. That alone makes a difference?

It made a huge difference for me. Try it the next time you're on.