NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

I was able to get online and into the actual game today. Took 2 or 3 attempts though. Seems fun.

Its slowly getting better. I finally made it past the opening cinematic earlier but then got stuck waiting for people to join the first race. Better than yesterday when all I could do was create a character.

No luck. Before the first mission the game kinda freezes..."Launching Session", but nothing happens -.-

Had about an hour and a half today, managed to put away 3k in the bank. The second you get online people are hunting you down, but I managed to get into a rhythm of holding up stores then getting straight to the atm. Still very raw and buggy, but looks like its going to be a lot of fun when it gets going. Got into one team death match, but for some reason it stuck one poor bastard against 4 of us, no points for guessing who won. Anyway got enough rank and money to get a new weapon. The thing I really rate is how precious everything feels now because of the anarchy of it all. I look at all the possible upgrades for guns and really want them, because it might just give me the edge on the guy relentlessly hunting me down. Didn't ever feel like that in the story mode, where the negligible challenge and throw away nature of life didn't warrant planning of this sort. This early feeling is like early game minecraft, survival!

Hey dudes! Just joined the N-Europe crew on the social club. Name's Seryph on the Social Club.

Oh and if anyone wants to add me on XBL my Gamertag is Seryph01. Haven't managed to get on properly yet (I also got stuck on 'Launching game' yesterday) but will be on soon if anyone wants to do some non-griefing missions :)

Been so busy with work that I haven't been around on the forums recently, but GTA and the desire to play with some nice people has brought me back!

Managed to get online, albeit with a temporary character (no saved progress) as it couldn't connect to the Social Club.

Seems OK. Held up a store, killed a few people, did a gang clearout mission and had a look at some property.

Hope I can recreate the character I had. It's the first one I've seen that I've actually liked. Also had John Marston as my Dad apparently. I knew he was an option, but this was the first time I've seen him.

Character created, race started :) But it's taking a veeery long time to start. Considering turning off and try again.

Edited by Tales

I tried to get online a few times yesterday and once again today, but it just ain't happening. :hmm:

Also saw some reports of people's single player save file becoming corrupted as a result of playing online, so think I'm gonna wait for a while before trying again.

I still haven't managed to get on either, and after a couple of failed attempts, it has left me unable to switch characters, but quitting out of the game and reloading fixes the problem.

Hopefully they get a patch out soon and their servers start to work better!

I went to go online and it told me I didn't have access to the cloud and nothing would be saved so didn't see the point in even bothering...

Managed to get online and had an absolute blast! Really looking forward to getting online with you lot!

Managed to get online. It even seemed to have saved the character I made yesterday. I spent a few hours pissing around, doing the early missions, getting myself a car etc. Hopefully it's saved. If not, no big deal. It's not like I did anything significant.

Does anyone know how to make a game with just friends/crew etc? It would be nice to play without having to switch to passive mode.

Managed to create my character, and it seemed to be saved at first, as he appeared again when I tried to connect to online later on. But it seems it's gone now as I was asked to create a new one. I hope it works properly by the weekend.

I was online with it for a good six hours last night. Got my character upto level 8 and over $30 grand in cash and today my character has gone along with everything.

I've had to make a new characters and its making me do the tutorial again which wont load at all. Its a mess.

I was online with it for a good six hours last night. Got my character upto level 8 and over $30 grand in cash and today my character has gone along with everything.

I've had to make a new characters and its making me do the tutorial again which wont load at all. Its a mess.

Did you get the message that it couldn't connect to cloud service? in which case you might find that your previous character is up there and you just can't access it....

Does anyone know how to make a game with just friends/crew etc? It would be nice to play without having to switch to passive mode.

If you go into the online through the pause menu instead of holding down on the dpad then you get a lot more options for online games like invite only etc.

Away from GTA:Online for a second...

I really really want someone to find out what this big mystery is regarding the map found in the cable car station on top of Chiliad, and regarding the 3 UFO's that fly around. Is there really a jetpack?

A suggestion for everyone out there.

Play the game while listening to the Hotline Miami OST and tracks from She Wants Revenge.

It fits so fucking perfectly.

Edit: Did some online today. Sorry if I got on anybody's nerves...whenever I tried to do a mission the game automatically invited pretty much everyone from my friend list -.-

No idea how to change that.

Occasionally I dropped out of the game, but it worked fine mostly.

Has great potential!

Edited by drahkon

Fucks sake, go to play gta online when I get home from work and my characters gone. Lost my money. Had to make a new one now getting problems doing the first race tutorial again !

Rage!!!

Fucks sake, go to play gta online when I get home from work and my characters gone. Lost my money. Had to make a new one now getting problems doing the first race tutorial again !

Rage!!!

Hm, my first character was gone, too, but the money wasn't. Guess I was lucky...

Will try to play some more now. Let's see how it'll work out.

@Cookyman Dude...that mission. That random NPC who tried to beat you up. What an asshole :D We also got lucky that the train didn't hit us.

And getting away from the cops...Until we ended up in the tunnel of doom, the chase made me feel like I was playing the movie Drive.

After finishing the mission I couldn't connect. Might try again later.

Edited by drahkon

Christ tennis online needs some work done to it. Can't tell if I'm enjoying it or not. Everything seems so slow to set up anything.

Last team standing needs have fucking rounds in it. Its over in a minute then you spend 5 minutes trying to get somewhere else.

Edited by James

Urgh, now my second Character is gone. :blank:

Well, not going to try GTA Online again until everything gets sorted out...

Got online again and it seems to have saved my progress from yesterday, just without my money and purchased clothes. It did save my stats, level and progress though and I don't have to repeat the tutorial stuff.

Me and my car:

0_0.jpg

Edited by Goafer