NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Am I the only person who typically doesn't finish GTA games? It took me forever to finish III, I never finished Vice City or San Andreas. With IV I got stuck somewhere and left it for months before bothering to finish it. Just something about GTA games despite being fun have never compelled me to finish them.

I finish GTA games kinda quickly to get all the good stuff. After that it's rampage-mode.

Don't like using cheats and Vice City and IV had good stories so it wasn't bad playing through them.

GTA 4 was the least fun of all the games. Took itself far to seriously. Not surprised you gave up and and took a few months to complete it.

Played through the 3D ones a few years back, this is how it went:

-GTAIII: Just did the story. Was a bit of a chore, as the game is a tad outdated now...

-Vice City: Did all missions I could find and bought all of the apartments. Awesome game.

-San Andreas: 100% done. A landmark title for sure.

-GTAIV: Blah, so clunky and boring. Probably halfway through the campaign, and not that interested to finish it.

So yeah, VC and SA were so fun and immersive that I just couldn't help doing all missions and wacky sidequests. Hope we get more of this with GTAV.

I think the only thing I really enjoyed about GTA IV, at least for the first couple of weeks after launch, was the multiplayer. Some great memories from playing that online in the early days. Pretty much one of my only experiences where when I had my mic on, I wasn't bombarded by profanities from a little kid but rather having a good laugh with everyone. Story wise, it didn't float my boat and left a bad impression from the start when the driving didn't feel like it did in San Andreas.

Must say, I haven't actually watched the new trailer for this yet. I haven't really taken to any of Rockstar's big titles since GTA IV (Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire didn't sit well with me) and do feel that after playing some of the Saints Row titles and Sleeping Dogs that Rockstar do need to step up their game and take their selves a little less seriously. More of the wackiness of San Andreas please.

As the number of marketing material and previews ramps up for the game I'm tempted to do a media blackout until release. The last time I did one was for Skyward Sword.

GTA4 is so far my only GTA, and pretty much went into it knowing very little about the game. There are definitely flaws with the game but I imagine my gripes would be more significant if I had played earlier entries in the series. Admittedly I did stop playing midway and went through Sleeping Dogs which was more enjoyable and fun to play. I reckon people would be more fond of GTA4 if it was 5-10 hours shorter as it did start to drag on near the end. That and if they fixed the melee combat which was god awful.

Map might not be as big as they're making out...

However, bear in mind that the GTA5 map shown is only from a small portion of a blueprint you get with the Special Edition of the game. What we're seeing may just be the city of Los Santos and doesn't include the rural, desert and underwater areas

VergelijkingLC-LS_zps5e86dd6e.png

Also, you get a blimp for pre-ordering :D

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/gta-5-special-edition-costs-65-pre-order-bags-bonus-blimp-50011314/

It suddenly occurred to me that I'm not sure which console to get this for. My default is usually the 360, but my Live will run out early next year so I'll be locked out of multiplayer.

PS3 may be the better option.

I'd say PC is the way to go, but GTA4 wasn't exactly the best PC release....Fuck even now if you have a GPU over 2GB it locks you to low settings unless you set the config to override GPU ram limits.

I'd say PC is the way to go, but GTA4 wasn't exactly the best PC release....Fuck even now if you have a GPU over 2GB it locks you to low settings unless you set the config to override GPU ram limits.

Im sure it probably will be eventually but for now GTA V PC version hasnt been announced.

A PC version would likely be months later. I'm thinking PS3 now then PC with mods when it reaches below £10 on Steam.

Am I the only person who typically doesn't finish GTA games? It took me forever to finish III, I never finished Vice City or San Andreas. With IV I got stuck somewhere and left it for months before bothering to finish it. Just something about GTA games despite being fun have never compelled me to finish them.

This is me.

I only played (due to not originally having a PS2 till near the end) San Andreas and GTA 4 loads and didn't complete either.

Though I'm ashamed to admit it, I never completed GTA III :weep:

I've played 30 minutes of GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas.

And GTA3 and VC were on my Nexus 7.

I think i played most GTA3 the most, and even then i did about 30 mins of the story, and then about 15 hours of pissing about.

Vice City was always my favourite GTA. I got 100% in it and even after that I played it for regularly for a good year or so.

I think I played GTA San Andreas a lot after completing it. I used to just jet pack over to the jet and proceed to destroy anything I could find. That or parachute off that mountain.

This is more to do with GTA4, but i can't be bothered to dredge up that thread (if there even is one).

I had an hour to spare last week, so i fired up GTA4 (which i got for Xmas and havn't played much since) intending to do some of the story, and i was overwhelmed (completely whelmed, almost) by how bad the handling was. Not just the cars, which people mention all the time, but in controlling Niko (sp?).

He would just wander all over the place like a spider with 7 legs on one side and often lurch over the edge of things. Getting to go through doorways took two tries each time and I would invariably miss when trying to highjack cars or make jumps.

This seems to be to be a problem with most of the GTA games, and i hope they fix it in GTAV.

I'm not sure what my point was...

@bob I'd say the problem is with GTAIV. VC and SA controlled just fine, at least for me.

Possibly, i only played GTA3 and Vice city on the PC, so the controls were already a bit fiddley. The handling may have been better than it seemed.

I don't know what it is that makes characters like Mario a joy to control, and others like Niko a complete mess...

Doesn't sound so bad for 360 owners with the first disc just used for the initial install. Though I reckon lowly people may try to trade in their copy with just the 1st disc :/

Realistically how long will it take to do a 8GB install on PS3? Could be worth going to a midnight launch so you can sleep through the install:p

understandable really. I've been installing every game I have on my 360 anyway so this won't be way different for me.

What I find interesting is that they are calling the multiplayer side to the game "Grand theft Auto Online". It sounds like they have a lot more planned for it then they did with GTAV/EfLC. And those games already had a lot of options.