NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

so no GTA's outside of the US then.... because they haven't done that

did i imagine GTA london?

I'm pretty sure he's only talking about the 3D ones due to the vast difference between them. It didn't matter how ridiculous GTA London was, but it simply wouldn't work now as people expect some degree of realism. The gun laws in America suit GTA extremely well.

Then you have the cultural references that make up a massive part of the game, which is another reason why America works a lot better - lots of places do understand it. If it was set in Amsterdam, like one of the ideas, would as many people know what anything meant?

As annoying as it is, America is by far the most logical place to set the game. Although they could do more varied cities - perhaps Chicago next.

I'm pretty sure he's only talking about the 3D ones due to the vast difference between them. It didn't matter how ridiculous GTA London was, but it simply wouldn't work now as people expect some degree of realism. The gun laws in America suit GTA extremely well.

Then you have the cultural references that make up a massive part of the game, which is another reason why America works a lot better - lots of places do understand it. If it was set in Amsterdam, like one of the ideas, would as many people know what anything meant?

As annoying as it is, America is by far the most logical place to set the game. Although they could do more varied cities - perhaps Chicago next.

Thats a fair point, and i do agree changing cities would be nice rather than the same Liberty city/vice city/san andreas all the time (although it would be nice to see how a next gen vice city would work? swamp lands with hover crafts could work)

but i do think several other world locations could work, Hong Kong being one since many games have been set there

I think another thing along with what @Cube mentioned is that Dan Houser didn't directly work on GTA London I think I've read somewhere else it was a subteam that worked on this process.

If they made a GTA in another American City then that would be a change from the typical San Andreas/Liberty City/Vice City locations. Chicago and Houston. Heck, even one based in New Orleons would be interesting. I'm not saying what they've done with the cities are a bad thing, just sometimes a change would be welcome.

Watched it! Looks amazeballs.

It was at 4pm by the way...

Hmm, is it me or is that a mixture of game engine and pre-rendered footage?

Edit: I mean it all looks great, it's just that some parts are noticeably smoother and...shinier or something (like that car chase bit).

Edited by Cube

Hell to the yeah.

Looks amazing. As usual, the city is the star of the show and has me more intrigued than any character/storyline.

I agree, i tend to spend much more time just driving around exploring than actually playing the story mode.

Just a thought on this poster released a week or so ago...

Why is the dog wearing a bra?

gta-V-dog.jpg

Hmm, is it me or is that a mixture of game engine and pre-rendered footage?

Edit: I mean it all looks great, it's just that some parts are noticeably smoother and...shinier or something (like that car chase bit).

SMOOTH CRIMINAL.

Edited by Wesley

I never left baby.

Just didn't post.

But I've been watching.

And I'm disgusted with you Magnus...

Ok so trailer 2 was awesome! For some reason I went off the boil with GTA after Vice City and couldn't really get into SA and IV but this has me a little hyped!

Edited by Kav
School-boy typing error...

This will be the game of forever. It looks so fun. A complete different vibe from GTA4.

"We're bouncing?"

GTA-52.jpg

Ok so trailer 2 was awesome! For some reason I went off the boil with GYA after Vice City and couldn't really get into SA and IV but this has me a little hyped!

Maybe you were playing a different series? :p

This will be the game of forever. It looks so fun. A complete different vibe from GTA4.

"We're bouncing?"

GTA-52.jpg

More like "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil"

Trailer looks awesome. Looking forward to jumping out of a plan in a car, the jumping out of the car and parachuting to the ground JUST A LITTLE BIT.

More like "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil"

Trailer looks awesome. Looking forward to jumping out of a plan in a car, the jumping out of the car and parachuting to the ground JUST A LITTLE BIT.

Isn't there a mission where he do that in San Andreas? Where you kill a load of agents on a plane first. Or did I imagine that?

Isn't there a mission where he do that in San Andreas? Where you kill a load of agents on a plane first. Or did I imagine that?

There was one that is basically that in Saints Row 3...?