NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

An ex-criminal turned family man begrudgingly turned criminal again? Where DO they come up with these groundbreaking themes?

haven't watched it as i'm at work (will try now), but i'm honestly a little disappointed that they are redoing another area they have done before. What happens when they have done GTA6 will it be vice city? then when they come to 7 on xbox1024/ps5 they will restart the process again and do liberty city again?

I'd have liked a new location US based is most likely, but what about a European or Asian city?

GTA in SPAAAAACE!

An ex-criminal turned family man begrudgingly turned criminal again? Where DO they come up with these groundbreaking themes?

But... it could be Tommy Vercetti D=

Watched it, moderately more happy than i was

I was thinking it sounded very much like Ray Liotta.... could tommy be back, even as a cameo?

who was that voice? am i right?

still the story is a bit tired, couldn't we have something new(er)? good cop god bad? family man who's family is killed driven to the edge (suppose that could be it)

I honestly don't get some of the comments.

Anyway this looks shit they didn't even mention online pft boring where is my XP man.

Well i can't really comment on Vercetti since i never played GTA3 but c'monnnn. People who commit Grand theft auto are despicable assholes and there's no gray area to dispute this. As such, the protagonist should be a despicable asshole as well.

Having said that, im sure the actual game will turn out great im just a little disappointed with the modern day John Marston theme

Really love that song in the trailer too, sounds like a 70's rock jam session.

They need to announce a release date. I assume it'll be 2012 at least... since it still uses this generation's hardware.

And that voice is definitely not Ray Liotta.

Looked bloody awesome and I'm not much of a GTA fan. I've only enjoyed SA and the main character in the trailer looks so much like an older Tommy. You see him more than once in three different scenerios. Could be CJ in that trailer aswell.

I'm expecting multiple characters with branching stories.

I'm so bored of it being set in America. Can't we have some satirical commentary about another fucking country?

Really love that song in the trailer too, sounds like a 70's rock jam session.

They need to announce a release date. I assume it'll be 2012 at least... since it still uses this generation's hardware.

And that voice is definitely not Ray Liotta.

Rumour mill states 24th May, as the for sale sign you see getting hammered in is 24/5, Rockstar are known for easter egg hints such as this

I'm so bored of it being set in America. Can't we have some satirical commentary about another fucking country?

What other country has enough pop culture that is well-known throughout the world?

London would be excelent. Could have some cockney character that you don't understand a thing of what he says, kinda like Little Jacob in GTA4. If set in London they could also parody James Bond in some kind of cameo. And imagine hooligans and football featured in the game! Not to mention driving on the left side of the road.

Every major city has great potential, Paris would make for some hilarious french parody as well. And I'd love to see the Eiffel Tower rendered properly in a game.

What other country has enough pop culture that is well-known throughout the world?

I'll give you a clue, I'm living in it.

Tokyo, another one. Although I suspect that would be politically alien to most people.

I'd say London or Berlin. The Bourne trilogy does pretty well floating round Europe.

The last four games have been set in America (across three different decades). It's so boring.

Seriously, I cannot tell you how fucking happy I was to see London's skyline in Uncharted 3. It was surreal. And the little details like the security signs being spot on.

Oh way to spoil Uncharted.

Cuh...

Anyway, I think that the UK is probably the next most iconic place, but still nearly as much, or enough, as the US of A.

London would be excelent. Could have some cockney character that you don't understand a thing of what he says, kinda like Little Jacob in GTA4. If set in London they could also parody James Bond in some kind of cameo. And imagine hooligans and football featured in the game! Not to mention driving on the left side of the road.

Every major city has great potential, Paris would make for some hilarious french parody as well. And I'd love to see the Eiffel Tower rendered properly in a game.

GTA London had most of that, was a cracking little expansion.

Oh way to spoil Uncharted.

Cuh...

Anyway, I think that the UK is probably the next most iconic place, but still nearly as much, or enough, as the US of A.

The game opens in London. It's also in the trailer they showed back in E3.

I wouldn't have said that was a spoiler in anyway and I'm sensitive to spoilers. Sorry if that did spoil it.

Edit: It also says on the back of the retail box.

Edited by Daft

haven't watched it as i'm at work (will try now), but i'm honestly a little disappointed that they are redoing another area they have done before. What happens when they have done GTA6 will it be vice city? then when they come to 7 on xbox1024/ps5 they will restart the process again and do liberty city again?

Look at the difference between GTA3 and GTA4. They were the same city, but may as well be completely different ones. The only thing that really stays the same are the names and the city it's loosely based on.

I watched the trailer at work without sound. Watching with sound now. From what I saw at work, it looks fucking awesome. Can't wait.

I'll have a lookse when i get home, these computers in work use IE6 ffs. Don't think it allows installation of a different browser as i'm profile linked.

Which means no Youtube or many images loading here, shame to be fair.

Hmm, I have IE6 on my computer (because I use Firefox) and I just tried it and it does play Youtube videos.

It plays this video fine, even in 720p:

Fine.

It will be nice to get a true "next generation" GTA, because GTAIV felt like a PS2 game and looked like it, arguably.

Has potential. Nice to see colour.

Only thing I can criticise is the fucking logo. Jesus. I'd rather contract the AIDs than subject my eyes to such horror.

...PS2 game and looked like it, arguably.

lol sorry what?

You could argue that you didn't like the style or that you just plain didn't like the graphics.

But to say they looked like PS2 visuals?

I mean...

Really?

lol sorry what?

You could argue that you didn't like the style or that you just plain didn't like the graphics.

But to say they looked like PS2 visuals?

I mean...

Really?

i'd argue in places it did look awful...

Anyway bit tired of it seemingly treading the same path as always. =...why can't we have something new like a bent copper or something...narratively the parts of LA Noire where you worked with a cop who had less than perfect morales were the most interesting parts. (ok strictly not a Rockstar game but wanted to make the comparison)