NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Funny you say that, the first time I tried the driving it sucked too me, but then after I got my license and started driving to work and such, playing GTA4 was fantastic in car movements :heh:

Nah, I've been driving for 12 years and GTA4's cars wobble way too much. Like someone said earlier in the thread, even going as slow as 40 or 50 km/h the cars would just jump all around like the suspension was really soft.

Anyway, games should be realistic in driving up to a point, afterall it's still a game. For example, the bikes in GTA4. Whatever you did, chances were you would end up on the pavement. Now, that might be realistic (in real life if you hit a car or anything else whilst on a bike, you're toast), but ends up being no fun. They fixed that for The Lost and Damned. Since that was a bike heavy episode, they made the bikes behave less realistically (sharper turning, Johnny didn't fall off the bike unless in an extreme accident, etc) but it turned out way more fun to play.

Making good games is about finding that sweet spot between realistic and fun.

Nah, I've been driving for 12 years and GTA4's cars wobble way too much. Like someone said earlier in the thread, even going as slow as 40 or 50 km/h the cars would just jump all around like the suspension was really soft.

Anyway, games should be realistic in driving up to a point, afterall it's still a game. For example, the bikes in GTA4. Whatever you did, chances were you would end up on the pavement. Now, that might be realistic (in real life if you hit a car or anything else whilst on a bike, you're toast), but ends up being no fun. They fixed that for The Lost and Damned. Since that was a bike heavy episode, they made the bikes behave less realistically (sharper turning, Johnny didn't fall off the bike unless in an extreme accident, etc) but it turned out way more fun to play.

Making good games is about finding that sweet spot between realistic and fun.

Yes this hits the nail on the head with the realism. Your not playing a driving sim and thus expect there to be certain concessions to aid the playing the game and keeping it enjoyable.

Story spoilers if they are true though. Thought I should mention that.

Sounds incredibly boring if it is true. I want something new and unexpected, not a better San Andreas.

I just dont want gang stuff again, I really hope those rumours are false. Guess we'll find out at 4pm anyway.

The gang stuff sounds awesome, but as Daft said, same location seems a bit dull. Well, let's wait and see first...if those rumours are even true or not.

I haven't read that, don't really want story spoilers.

But I have heard all the rumours of it being in SA.

Anyway, this is a couple of hours away anyway.

I don't think the rumours are true as the image says the guy has details from Rockstar and has an NDA on him, using a proxy so they didn't know it was him.

But why would Rockstar reveal what happens at the end at all, never mind before the first trailer is out?

Meh, that trailer looked boring.

(In before it's cool to not like the trailer.)

Looks like it'll have planes with the cropdusting bit, and the jet.

And more rural areas, so I'm happy. But then, I never expected any more than a more detailed San Andreas.

Yeah LA like a lot of people expected. Looked very nice though, I look forward to playing it. Plus there was a jet so that keeps me hopeful.

Awwwwwww yeah bitches.

Colour me excited.

Looks like it's keeping the serious tone while addressing some of the things internet bitches complained about.

Looks like there's varied environments (a mountain!), planes and helicopter action, just looks like it's a slightly bit more crazy in those terms.

I'll be the first to say I'm a bit underwhelmed. Looks pretty, but doesn't reveal all that much. It's almost a Nintedo style non-Announcement trailer.

Loved the trailer, brought a big smile to my face (it's still on).

That mountain looked fucking massive! And that dirt road with the windmills, wow, this will be the ultimate virtual playground, a mixture of GTA4's urban areas and Red Dead Redemption's rural areas.

I'll be the first to say I'm a bit underwhelmed. Looks pretty, but doesn't reveal all that much. It's almost a Nintedo style non-Announcement trailer.

It reveals about the same as GTA4's first trailers. A montage of scenes with a voice over. What did you expect from a first trailer?

Edited by ...
Automerged Doublepost

Compare it to

And I think it showed a lot more. It's only a teaser trailer, what do you expect?

EDIT. ^^^ Great minds!

haven't watched it as i'm at work (will try now), but i'm honestly a little disappointed that they are redoing another area they have done before. What happens when they have done GTA6 will it be vice city? then when they come to 7 on xbox1024/ps5 they will restart the process again and do liberty city again?

I'd have liked a new location US based is most likely, but what about a European or Asian city?

It reveals about the same as GTA4's first trailers. A montage of scenes with a voice over. What did you expect from a first trailer?

I just wanted to feel excited for the game, after watching the trailer I wasn't.