NEurope
Happenstance

Grand Theft Auto 5

Yeah, the driving blows.

No mate, London is gray and boring (just like the rest of England).

GTA Tokyo, is the way to go. ;)

Have you been to Tokyo? Like Dan said, for the most part, it's really samey (To the unaccustomed eye, which for gaming purposes is pretty much everyone). Probably due to it being razed to the ground in the war. Don't get me wrong, I love it to bits, but for a game it's got nothing on most major European cities.

London is in no way boring and in the summer it is stunning. Architecturally, historically, culturally it is one of the most complex and fascinating cities in the world.

I don't really care much about the city as long as its not New York again, either London or Paris would be fine, or any major city in the world.

What I'd love to see though is for it to be as open and have as large a world as Just Cause 2.

What I'd love to see though is for it to be as open and have as large a world as Just Cause 2.

I'd rather have a smaller, better designed world. Just Cause 2 is the worst sandbox game I've played.

I'd rather have a smaller, better designed world. Just Cause 2 is the worst sandbox game I've played.

I second this (not the Just Cause 2 part, as I've only played the demo). I don't see how a world as big as the one in Just Cause 2 would really add anything to GTA. I thought the world in San Andreas was already pushing it (the whole desert area didn't do much for me) and I just used cabs to get around in GTA IV, anyway.

It's not the size that matters - it's what you do with it. ;)

I want Rockstar to stick with the more serious tone of GTAIV. I know people loved San Andreas for precisely the opposite reason, but I feel Saints Row 3 exists for that market so GTA might as well be taken in a different direction, especially as it appears to be the one the developers wish to take it.

Basically I'd like to see GTAV be something along the lines of The Departed, the player taking on the role of an undercover agent as he slowly works his way up the criminal ranks in order to cut off the head of the beast. First off this lends decent justification for the standard progression of the GTAs, but it also offers up new approaches to mission design, namely conflicting objectives: is sabotage worth the suspicion, which of the various evils are lesser? Team Bondi are evidently making missions with several branches for LA Noire and I really think this is the road Grand Theft Auto needs to take, too.

In a similar vein to the above I think playing about with allegiances would be interesting. Not just in terms of criminals and cops, but also in which of the bosses you choose to help. For instance say a mission ends with you appropriating a van full of stolen goods, you'd be able to choose where you drop it off in order to boost the crook whom you think will get you where you need to go, with different factions offering different gameplay benefits.

I also feel shoot outs need to be scaled way back, not just in frequency but also in terms of hardware: have lethal small arms be the order of the day, not military grade incendiary devices. To once again draw a parallel to another Rockstar game, Red Dead Redemption had far more intense, involving combat than any GTA. In essence I want the moment you get your first gun to be a big deal, with an early focus on brawling and running instead; in general you shouldn't be strutting around the game world with non-concealable weapons.

Ultimately I could rattle off items from a wishlist all day — get rid of the hospital system, have cops take non-lethal action where appropriate, etc — but I'll refrain from doing so as I'm sure you get the general idea.

It wasn't just the size that made just cause 2 what it was, it was what the size allowed you to do, sure, there were some empty areas, but the sort of car chases, and the use of aircraft in that way wouldn't have really been possible without that sort of scale. To be perfectly honest, there was a lot less to do in GTA IV than there was in Just Cause 2.

I think I've got to be one of the only GTA fans that want's the next game, or any GTA game for that matter to stay in the 3 already existing Cities / States (Liberty, Vice, San Andreas).

I think the only exception to that would be Carcer City, due to Manhunt / Rockstar connection.

for GTA5, or GTA: City Location Here, I would love them to take alot of their ideas from San Andreas and bring them forward. things like BMX / Bikes, Custom Cars, Custom character appearance (be it fat / muscle / clothing / tattoos / haircuts) and the main thing I think they should bring back is the businesses. Vice City & San Andreas were great for that. Buy a business, have some missions based around that business, complete them then boom income from it.

I've been playing GTA4 all this week and last week and a few little things do bug me about it.

* Police - When I'm in a police car, with sirens blazing, and bombing it down the road, If I hit a police car, or bang into one when going around a corner... WHY THE FUCK DO THEY CHASE ME.... if the sirens are on, surely they should realize I'm in a pursuit (which at the time I was while doing the most wanted missions)

* The Phone Camera - In San Andreas you get a camera, you then get film for the camera at your safe house, and can take pictures and it'll save in an album. Well with the phone camera I'd like to be able to look back at some of the pictures taken. Sometimes there are some awesome / humorous things that would be good pictures.

* Friends / Girlfriends - Don't get in bad mood with me if I mid mission and can't do something with you. I think there should be more interaction when on a date or hangout with friend. I mean when you go drinking, you see Niko walk into the bar with who ever, then it blacks out and your hammered stumbling around. I'd like to see something more like Fable 2/3 where you're in the bar, your buying the drinks, you see your self progress from soba to drunk. Same for the food option. Why not sit in the restaurant and order something / eat it.

* Building Interiors - Some missions you have to go into apartments and climb up several floors to snipe someone. Then later on this place is shut. Why? why not leave it open.

Ballad of Gay Tony introduced proper night clubs, keep them for the next gta. Once the game is complete there isn't alot to do in the free roaming world. In San Andreas I clocked over 150 hours of time on it, alot of that after the missions as there was so much stuff to do.

* Environments - Another rip from San Andreas now but, We've seen Rockstar produce desert environments now via Red Dead, and it looked fantastic, Now create some wilderness / desert areas in the next game. I know Liberty City was HUGE. but because it was one City it just seemed small. let's get 3 cities in one state again with desert and wilderness separating it.

* Animals - RDR let you kill a horse... there was no public backlash from that. GTA4 let you kill Pidgeons, no public backlash for that. time to introduce some animals? San Andreas had farms.... with no animals? GTA5 could have the wilderness / farms in the sticks which have horses, pigs, sheep, cows.... one of the business you could eventually own could be a farm, a mission could be taking your best Cows to a cattle meat thing (i'm not a farmer) and show off your prized cattle to be butchered. I don't know, but yes... Animals.

Civilian interaction - Another Fable idea, your in the street some one insults you when you walk into them, all you can do in retaliation is hit them??? why not have the option to call them something back? if you see a hotty on the street, have the option of saying something to them. I don't mean a complete conversation, and don't expect you to be able to make friends with everyone in the street, but just... more interaction. they were on the right path with the stranger interactions in GTA4.

That's a few things. One thing though I can't fucking wait for some form of announcement. Just continuing with Gta4, LatD & BoGT for now :)

I still don't get the hate for the driving in GTAIV, prefer it too any other sandbox game.

The only real thing I want in these games are just more things to have fun with, GTAIV is just like GTAIII for me in that it's the game that's made a start and can now improve on, already the 2 episodes are much better in that with a lot of improvement.

The only thing I really missed were 3 things in the game.

No dangerous area's, unlike in the other GTA's where you went to enemy territory and got a million bullets going at ya, you could drive anywhere in IV and not get people running at ya trying to kill you.

Secret Packages. I want to find packages everywhere that allow me something GOOD! pigeons could have been good if every 10 I killed I got fucking something from it.

More crazy and fun missions. GTAIV really had fuck all, BoGT however, I really hope Rockstar gives us more missions that are crazy like BoGT rather then 'Niko! go kill figure A then run halfway through the city to kill figure B' Give me the 'go to a private boat and steal a freaking military helicopter...oh and destroy the boat that had with the helicopter.'

here we go...

A casting list that's being linked to Take Two suggests that GTA V could be set in Los Angeles, or Los Santos as it's known within Rockstar's fictional universe.

Internet sleuth Superannuation has once again been doing the digging, unearthing a full and detailed casting list for a project known as Rush. It's not uncommon for games to carry codenames that bear little relation to their final titles – GTA IV was at one point in production simply known as Frozen.

The casting list details characters that would fit within Rockstar's heavily satirical worldview, with 'weed evangelists', 'neurotic soccer moms' and 'Armenian car dealers' all in the post on The Agency.

Rumours that GTA V would be set in Hollywood first started circulating last year, and Rush's cast of stoners and Californian divorcees would appear to back up that claim.

Source - IGN.com

Categories/Roles:

Mitch Hayes:

38 Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.

Miguel Gonzalez:

25 Young Mexican American FBI agent, caught between a few mob bosses. Very clean cut

Clyde:

23 Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naïve but in a creepy its only incest sort of way

Brother Adam:

Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.

Mrs Avery:

Neurotic soccer mom, home maker, 48, anxious and addled on pain killers. Very angry at neighbor MRS Bell.

Mrs Bell:

Swinger, and mellow Californian divorcee. 45. Ugly but comfortable with self.

Eddie:

47 Weed evangelist, guy who started smoking at 30, and is now a leading proponent of marijuanas fantastic properties. White, awkward.

Ira Bernstein:

56 publicist for an actress known as Americas newest sweetheart who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and sex. Hes always trying to hide her latest indiscretion.

Kevin De Silva:

18 Alberts fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

Harut Vartanyan:

42-52 years old Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be Fagin and would be bully. Heavily connected to the underworld, but irritates people so much no one likes him.

Nervous Jerry:

48 paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

Calvin North:

55 clapped out FBI agent who now mostly works offering advice on TV shows whose only claim to fame turns out to be entirely false but a decent guy in other ways. Badly dressed. Divorced. Putting on weight.

Jerry Cole:

53 disabled IT expert and criminal information vendor.

Rich Roberts:

English hardman actor, 35, who acts tough but who wants to do serious work - the only problem is he can't quite read the words.

Alex:

white 52 yr old loosie goosie hippy rich guy who has lost his money and is getting desperate but trying not to.

Scarlet:

45-52 years old unshaven female spiritualist and hippy with a love of exploring the wilderness. Very into journeys.

Chad:

29 pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is.

Tae Wong:

39 somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:

45 - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his bosss dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.

http://www.theagencyonline.com/news.php?castingid=1472&title=Rush

GTA5 code named as Rush.... I hope so much this is actually GTA5 they're working on, and I hope so much it is set in San Andreas again.

Couldn't care about new cities places, just re-vamp San Andreas like they did Liberty City and i'll be ecstatic....

:)

How do we know this is for GTA V and not Agent?

The descriptions sound much more like GTA characters.

The descriptions sound much more like GTA characters.

Agent is a new IP. What makes you think the characters aren't going to be like GTA?

That said, I agree, it does sound an awful lot like a GTA game, I'm just saying we shouldn't assume it is one yet.

Agent is a new IP. What makes you think the characters aren't going to be like GTA?

From what little has been shown so far, I just get the impression that Agent is a more serious game.

GTA V LOL.

Someone I works at actually call the fourth one GTAIV (as in "GTA eye-vee"). Makes me laugh (and die a little inside) when he says it.

I'd rather see some more DLC for GTA4. Maybe set it a couple of months in the future and update the city so stuff like the fairground is open and that closed road in Algonquin is re-opened.

Or go the Red Dead route and zombify the place :p

Nah, it's time to leave Liberty City behind for now. After GTA IV, two DLC episodes and Chinatown Wars, I'm ready for something new. :smile:

Someone I works at actually call the fourth one GTAIV (as in "GTA eye-vee"). Makes me laugh (and die a little inside) when he says it.

It could be worse - he could pronounce it "Gtaiv".

How do we know this is for GTA V and not Agent?

Agent Info

The game is set during the Cold War and will take players into "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations", according to a Rockstar press release. Rockstar has yet to reveal any details regarding the setting for the title other than the fact that it will be set in the late 1970s. Take-Two has confirmed that, as of 2010, Agent is still in the development stages.

Character Description

Kevin De Silva:

18 – Albert’s fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

FPS Games, and Playing Online in 1970, Probably not.

Don't care where it's location is, for all I care, it could be in Antarctica and Rockstar would once again create a world that is rich and full of life.

I hope he's not serious...As for another GTA? I'm not sure where the insane backlash has come from in recent years. I thought it was a really good game. It had its faults like anything else but it was good. The fact you could still go on a rampage in a city, online with friends, is always a bonus. If another was in the making I would probably end up getting it.

Digging into this to much, found a post on another forum...

First, from the cast list:

Mrs Bell – 45 yrs old – Swinger, and mellow Californian divorcee. Ugly but comfortable with self.

and then this:

http://gta.wikia.com/Phil_Bell

CHARACTER

Phil Bell

----------------

Family:

Divorced Wife

This thread inspired me to get the GTAIV expansions on PSN, currently $15 for both.

Nice to dive back into Liberty City again! But did they add some sort of grainy filter to Lost and the Damned?

Nice to dive back into Liberty City again! But did they add some sort of grainy filter to Lost and the Damned?

There's an option to turn it off.

I think they need to move it to non-American cities - there's a lot of them riddled with gangs just waiting to be used. Mexico City? Istanbul? Jo'Berg? Moscow? Rio? Naples?