NEurope
Murr

Great Games You Struggle To Enjoy?

I <3 that image.

Even if Link is using the grappling hook more than 8 times.

That seems the average number of tries required to get the piece locations on-spot.

That seems the average number of tries required to get the piece locations on-spot.

Or you could, y'know, use one of your maps for that. They show your precise location, as well as the "X". I rarely have to try more than once to find a single piece of treasure.

Please don't tell me this is why everyone hates the Triforce hunt...

Anything with Halo in the title, and any Call of Duty after number 2.

And all Final Fantasies too, Brutal Legend, was that meant to be good, too many to mention really.

I'm a bit picky about my games.

I think the problem isn't the Triforce hunt itself, it's more that it seems to be there because they didn't have time to finish some of the dungeons.

Or you could, y'know, use one of your maps for that. They show your precise location, as well as the "X". I rarely have to try more than once to find a single piece of treasure.

Not at all. The reason I hated the Triforce hunt was because it was boring as fuck. Including the long Gauntlet-esque bit to get one piece.

But that's just me.

I was a bit surprised by the hate for the Triforice hunt. I mean, I can understand the reaction, but I never personally found it boring. I guess I just enjoyed exploring the world in search of treasure. ::shrug:

I must be one of the few that actually enjoyed the Triforce Hunt. To this day Wind Waker is the only Zelda i've ever completed.

Anyway my games are:

GTA4 - It just felt like the game was trying too hard to tell a story and lost the fun in the process. Vice City was much, much better.

Final Fantasy 12 - The battle system and general progression really annoyed me, it was just wrong

Dragon Quest 9 - I know a lot of people like this, but it just seemed a bit bland to me, still plodding along through it on occassion. I've spoiled myself with RPGs with great battle systems,stories and expansive musical scores and this wasn't really...i'm actually disappointed that I don't like it

Half Life 2 - I can see why people enjoy it, but I stopped about half way through due to lack of motivation

Gears of War - I can honestly say this is one of the worst games that I have ever played, I hated the controls, the graphics and the characters. I went through the game 2 player from beginning to end as someone wanted me to help them through it. This is also the only game on this list that I truly can't understand why it's so popular::shrug:

Half life 2, and the additional episodes, really went a totally different direction that I wanted. Totes agree. here's hoping HL3 is, like, back in time or something.

Half Life 2 - I can see why people enjoy it, but I stopped about half way through due to lack of motivation

I agree. I got to around where you were on the beach and monsters kept popping up like annoying fucks and I just lost interest.

Gears of War - I can honestly say this is one of the worst games that I have ever played, I hated the controls, the graphics and the characters. I went through the game 2 player from beginning to end as someone wanted me to help them through it. This is also the only game on this list that I truly can't understand why it's so popular::shrug:

I didn't like the game either, but I think the whole genre just doesn't appeal to me. Killing aliens as testosterone-filled space marines used to be fun, but somewhere along the line, they started taking themselves too seriously. The whole wife side plot in Gears of War 2 was as predictable as it was embarrassing.

The whole wife side plot in Gears of War 2 was as predictable as it was embarrassing.

Side plot? I didn't even realise there was a regular plot. I'm guessing you didn't notice that your gun has a chainsaw on it.

The best way to play Gears of War is drunk, co-op, hardest difficulty. Then you don't notice silly things like storyline.

Side plot? I didn't even realise there was a regular plot. I'm guessing you didn't notice that your gun has a chainsaw on it

There was that section that suggested that the Locust were genetically enhanced warriors gone wrong.

Too drunk to remember anything about that Cube, sorry :P

BZZRRRR BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRR! Stabby stabby!

Side plot? I didn't even realise there was a regular plot. I'm guessing you didn't notice that your gun has a chainsaw on it.

The best way to play Gears of War is drunk, co-op, hardest difficulty. Then you don't notice silly things like storyline.

Yes, well, that was kind of my point. Space marine games were more fun back in the nineties when they didn't try to tell serious stories. ;)

Also, I think I would have to be very drunk to enjoy Gears of War.

Too drunk to remember anything about that Cube, sorry :P

BZZRRRR BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRR! Stabby stabby!

Haha, yes you and Shorty continuously trying to get through gears of war 2 was well..interesting.

Half life 2, and the additional episodes, really went a totally different direction that I wanted. Totes agree. here's hoping HL3 is, like, back in time or something.

In what way? I think HL2 and its episodes are exemplary games, that are pretty much pointing the way for the direction in which gaming should approach its narratives.

I preferred the tighter sections in HL1 to the more open areas in 2. The driving stuff was time wastery. I don't have a problem with the approach to narrative, just the plot, story and scenario as a whole! :P