NEurope
Murr

Great Games You Struggle To Enjoy?

I can only think of two that spring to mind straight away:

• Bioshock
  • Dead Rising

Bioshock is a brilliant game and I love it and I'm going through it on the hardest mode with no checkpoints and I got to the stage where there's electric strings thing covering the whole room and I just didn't continue from there and I don't have any intentions of trying to go back to it. I thought about doing it and then when I actually pick it up, I just end up putting it back on the shelf.

Dead Rising just does my head in because I get so far in the game and then it somehow resets to the very start so I don't even have a desire to play it again because it pissed me off so much.

For those hating on Dead Rising, have any of you tried Dead Rising 2? I mean, the game IS eventually shallow and repetitive anyway, but I rented the original for a bit and found I sucked at actually getting anywhere. I've actually purchased the second(bear in mind it's been criticised for being quite similar to the first in a lot of ways) but find it more bearable. Maybe because levelling up is easier(none of that camera bullshit, though maybe now it is a bit TOO easy with the combo weapons) and apparently also the survivor AI is a lot better too. I'd recommend it when sub-£10/£15.

Woah Bioshock? That's comes as a surprise. I can't think of another game that pulled me along so completely.

Also, very much agree with the above. I can't put up with the tedium of racing simulaturs, in the vein of Forza or Gran Turismo.

Also thought Oblivion was god awful. I would substantiate this claim, but I feel that anyone with any sense won't need an explanation.

Also thought Oblivion was god awful. I would substantiate this claim, but I feel that anyone with any sense won't need an explanation.

I agree with you there. However, I absolutely love Fallout 3.

I'm on and off Oblivion at the moment. To me, it is a good game but it feels like a PC game ported to a console (which it probably is to be honest). I look forward to Skyrim just to see if it plays better than Oblivion.

And, all the talk of Mario back on page 2 made me dig out my copy of Sunshine and replay it. Such fun i might add, with my now stronger experience of Mario i am really enjoying my 2nd playthrough of Sunshine. Ok i'm not a fan of Fludd, but i look past the flaws and enjoy it for what it is worth.

Haha, you should play the first game. ;)

Agreed, I managed to struggle to the end of the first one and found the second one better.

I'm with the fans here on Dead rising 1, I like the game, but I struggle massively to even bother with it, I should maybe go rent the second and have a see.

Assassin's Creed 2!! Sooooo boring!!

Agreed. I bought AC2 and Brotherhood a few weeks back, played a few hours of AC2 and then totally lost interest. Havn't even touched Brotherhood.

I dismissed AssCreed 2 initially because it's boring. The problem is that the start of the game lasts way too long - once you get past all the tutorials in the villa it suddenly picks up.

Street Fighter IV

but only because I suck indescribable amounts of ass. :p

I agree. It's just too hard. Even on easy it takes the piss.

Agreed. I bought AC2 and Brotherhood a few weeks back, played a few hours of AC2 and then totally lost interest. Havn't even touched Brotherhood.

You should. Brotherhood is leagues ahead of its predecessor and the multiplayer is great :)

I loved playing the multiplayer at eurogamer, although how long are the sessions? They were only like 10 minutes or something and it always seemed too short.

They're 10 mins or two rounds of 4 in the team based games, but it's never really felt too short to me. Probably just because of the limit to how much you could play at the expo?

They're 10 mins or two rounds of 4 in the team based games, but it's never really felt too short to me. Probably just because of the limit to how much you could play at the expo?

Definitely, it was just when I was asking they weren't sure at the time how long they were going to be, so I was worried they'd be short.

I'm pretty much hoping to get it soon, but I can't bring myself to until I play 2!

You should. Brotherhood is leagues ahead of its predecessor and the multiplayer is great :)

Really? Because I loved AC2 but I've barely played Brotherhood.

I've been torn between the two games. AC2 was alright, Brotherhood's assassin recruit/levelling up and "full syncronisations" were good, but sadly the "waste the Borgia sergeant" before moving on got stale.

Bioshock is an unusual one... It seems to have a lot in common with metroid too in some areas.. Mainly atmosphereric. I guess that's what get's a lot of people.

While some might consider it atmospheric, some might consider it boring :).. Meh who knows. It DID have a few issues though..

Bioshock's biggest problem was that it wasn't System Shock 3, but I doubt that would have changed the opinions of the people who didn't like it.

I agree with you there. However, I absolutely love Fallout 3.

I am the total opposite of this. I adore Oblivion yet dislike Fallout 3. I may give it a chance again at some point but I highly doubt it.

Actually, Wind Waker! The triforce hunt seriously killed it for me, I've never played past it, which is a real shame as it was enjoyable up to that moment!

Just found this picture and thought of this post.

windwakero.jpg

It also doesn't help that most, if not all battles can be done by pressing around 2-3 buttons.

Great find Mr Murray.

Haha, you should play the first game. ;)

Agreed, the first was THE most tedious game i've played in this generation. I can't play it since playing AC-II and Brotherhood, they are both way ahead of the original. At least the latter two wern't a chore.

Agreed. Brotherhood is my personal favourite Creed game. So much to do in single player (there is a lot). And the multiplayer is one of the best i've played, it does make it in the top 10 of my list.

I <3 that image.

Even if Link is using the grappling hook more than 8 times.