NEurope
or else you will DIE

Cave Story 3DS

3D Remake coming to 3DS

Cav002_01--article_image.jpg

First_Caves_Alpha_01--article_image.jpg

Also,

It’s now been 10 years since the original Cave Story came out, so I’m now thinking that maybe it’s time to start thinking about a sequel for Cave Story. There’s a very, very good chance we’ll see a sequel.
Edited by Grazza

This game I recently played on my PC and it is amazing. I may well be interested if they make a 3DS version, and I buy a 3DS, that is.

Highly recommend everyone check out the original, free for pc/linux/mac and also available on wiiware!

Well, I was planning to buy this on WiiWare, but I might pass that one if this becomes the "definite" version. Of course, the only reason I'm passing the WiiWare version is because there other WiiWare games I want to buy.

Cool! :D

Yeah, I downloaded the WiiWare demo and could see myself probably enjoying it, but too much other stuff to play and spend money on to get it. If this remakes works out, this will probably be the version I'll get.

That's awesome. I played the WiiWare demo, but wasn't blown away. Not trolling, but I prefer to play on a handheld rather than the Wii if I can help it. This is exactly the type of game I like to play on them too.

That's awesome. I played the WiiWare demo, but wasn't blown away. Not trolling, but I prefer to play on a handheld rather than the Wii if I can help it. This is exactly the type of game I like to play on them too.

I agree with this.

I just hope they work on making it look more like the concept art, because that first screen shot looks like shit.

...The first screenshot is the original. The concept art is how it's supposed to be in the final version.

Also, I've heard they're planning to release this on the 3DS' launch window. Can't find the source right now, though.

I have to admit, I don't understand how the developers of Cave Story could make a game that looks like this concept art unless they've drastically multiplied thier number of employees. I thought it was made with just a few people?

I have to admit, I don't understand how the developers of Cave Story could make a game that looks like this concept art unless they've drastically multiplied thier number of employees. I thought it was made with just a few people?

The original developer was mainly one dude, now of course he's working with Nicalis, and all the games there, it's just art they've got to update? Would that really take all that many people with all the other bits in place?

Don't particularly like the screenshot and also don't see the purpose of this. Cave story is defined by its visual style. It's like making a non cel-shaded Wind Waker remake or something.

First gameplay footage:

Another game that looks better in motion in comparison to screen shots. It's pretty clear how the 3D will work.

Also sounds like the original game will be included, going by what he says at the end.

Gotta hand it to them, the game looks great!! and no doubt even more so in 3D!

From that gameplay it looks insane though! :D

What do they mean there's a classic mode? Is this game bringing something new to the table?

What do they mean there's a classic mode? Is this game bringing something new to the table?
I didn't understand what they meant when I saw that in the trailer, because what it looked like was the original 2D character/text etc... playing in the new 3D landscape.

The original game is included as far as I know though.

The original game is included as far as I know though.

I read an interview a few months ago where they said they decided not to include the original

hmm, I'm sure something's included, maybe it's just whatever this strange Classic Mode turns out to be then.

Reviews for this game are in:

GamePro: 4/5

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/224766/review-cave-story-3d-3ds/

Games Radar: 9/10

http://www.gamesradar.com/cave-story-3d-review/

IGN : 8.5/10.0

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/121/1212322p1.html?RSSwhen2011-11-11_182800&RSSid=1212322&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fall+(IGN+Complete)

Nintendo Life: 9/10

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/10/cave_story_3d_3ds

Hmm, well the question in my mind is 'why don't I have this deliciousness in my life?'.

Scores are consistently good. And I never played the original so I may have to pick this up! : peace: