NEurope
Raining_again

Pets (warning: cute pics)

albeit kind of selfishly, my mum decided to get a cat because I was slowly cutting myself off from life and becoming very depressed/borderline suicidal. That little cat has been an absolute ray of sunshine into all of our lives. He's treated well, given all the care and love he needs, yet given time and space on his own in the garden to roam and explore.

and beanie was "obtained" from a rescue home as well :)

A parrot living for 50+ years in a cage where it can't even stretch it's wings out. No wonder they get depressed and peck their own feathers out. I'd sooner be dead than have that life.

Most people who own parrots have aviaries, or... they should do! I let my brid fly around the house all day, and he seems very happy. But i do see your point. Though in the wild he'd be living a stressful life, as all wild animals do. I believe domesticated animals can live happy lives, free from the pressures of survival, if they're treated right.

One thing I hate with dog owners is pedigree and kennel club. Years of inbreeding and killing pups that don't fit the bill, leaving generations of dogs with disastrous health problems just because a few elitist cunts says that's the way a dog should be. Give me a mongrel any day.

In all fairness, a lot of kennel clubs also promote only breeding healthy dogs. For example, they encourage labrador owners to have the dogs hips assessed before breeding as it is unfair to the puppy if it is likely to have a high chance of having knackered hips as it ages.

When I was younger, our labrador suffered from bad hips when she was older and it was heartbreaking to see her unable to walk (it only happened once luckily).

Found a picture of her (and also me):

Goaferdog.jpg

Most people who own parrots have aviaries, or... they should do! I let my brid fly around the house all day, and he seems very happy. But i do see your point. Though in the wild he'd be living a stressful life, as all wild animals do. I believe domesticated animals can live happy lives, free from the pressures of survival, if they're treated right.

That's like saying being in prison would be great because you'd be free from the pressures of everyday life.

My dog, Maxi who is infact a pedigree, I miss her and can't wait to go home! She recently snapped a ligament in her knee, couldn't have surgery for her age and it was very worrying for the family, but she's fine again now, although she'll have to take meds for quite a while.

18561268267195730747975.jpg

I've had her in my life since I was 7 along with her sister Pepsi :love:

13835193907670730747975.jpg

It's a shame you think that way Moogle and I can understand your opinion, I want to rescue a rabbit when I have the space to have one, a house rabbit who will get more love than any other bunny out there! But I get your point, sometimes it is cruel, but it depends how much love, care and space you give that animal, if it is happy than nothing else particularly matters.

I also want two chinchillas, I'm more for rescue animals than pedigree, but in the end I wouldn't care if my doggies were recuse or pedigree, because they are awesome and I imagine life would have been very different for the last 13 years without them!

Here is my little springer, she 2 now and was a rescue dog, to be honest, she is more of a human then a dog!!!

30037_389744152011_503862011_4179225_5364894_n.jpg

her and her ball!!!

n503862011_1402557_7129.jpg

Bex playing on my PC she loves anything with a screen

155265_473529312011_503862011_5984594_3991305_n.jpg

Her trying for a job in a call centre.

Edited by Ash

That's like saying being in prison would be great because you'd be free from the pressures of everyday life.

True. I can't really go to war on this one, cos i do see your points.

Here is my little springer, she 2 now and was a rescue dog, to be honest, she is more of a human then a dog!!!

30037_389744152011_503862011_4179225_5364894_n.jpg

her and her ball!!!

n503862011_1402557_7129.jpg

Bex playing on my PC she loves anything with a screen

155265_473529312011_503862011_5984594_3991305_n.jpg

Her trying for a job in a call centre.

I love how the ball makes her look like she has a big, smiling mouth. :D She seems like a really cool dog. :)

I'm not really the best person to be in this thread (animals aren't "cute" to me/don't elicit an "awww" reaction, and in fact such reactions make my skin crawl for some reason), but I have been getting an urge to own a cat again.

I think there was one/I owned one in my dream last night. Hmm.

Our last one, who died in 2007 was anti-social/inbred/bit of a bitch so never felt proper or nice. Sad that she died, but she never seemed particularly happy. EMO CAT.

I'm not really the best person to be in this thread (animals aren't "cute" to me/don't elicit an "awww" reaction, and in fact such reactions make my skin crawl for some reason), but I have been getting an urge to own a cat again.

I think there was one/I owned one in my dream last night. Hmm.

Our last one, who died in 2007 was anti-social/inbred/bit of a bitch so never felt proper or nice. Sad that she died, but she never seemed particularly happy. EMO CAT.

I actually know what you mean. These girls were all going "AWWWWWWWWWW" around a phone and I said "What is it?" and they showed me a picture of a cat. And I was like "Oh it's a cat." ""But doesn't it look cute???"

I looked like a cat to be honest.

167243_195385610472416_100000029365189_763068_505811_n.jpg

This is Ivy, we've had her since I was 6 years old, which is about 17 years now. She's a beautiful cat but is little crazy due to an accident some years ago. She can be pretty vicious sometimes but normally only to people she doesn't know.

179693_195387130472264_100000029365189_763097_144592_n.jpg

This is Rudi, he's only a youngster at 4 years old. He's the opposite from my other cat in that he's far too lazy to expend energy attacking people. he literally just eats and lies by the fire. He'll go out eventually when he's mustered up the energy to do so.

You did? Did they find you cute?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo... my N-Europe street cred has finally toppled... I thought it was all too good to be true.

(There was supposed to be a T on the end of that.)

While at my mother's I stole all the pictures of the cats as kittens.

otdzr7.jpg

That being one.

While at my mother's I stole all the pictures of the cats as kittens.

wibble

That being one.

omg suitcase kitteh?! How adorable!!

Awww (s)he's a badass. Look at those swipey paws :D

Put a hood on it and call it Taokaka!

I need to find good pictures of the other ones, so here's an old picture of Nero for now:

neroe.jpg

They're cute when they're little...

schoenkussen.jpg

but then when you're not looking, they turn into huge demon dogs!!!1!!11

IMG_0015.jpg

Okay not really, she's huge but still cute. =P

DSC01004.jpg

Also found this pic of our four cats. Sadly the two in the middle passed away (one hit by a car, the other never returned home). And the other two are sisters, the third one being their mother. =)

Afbeelding077-1.jpg

I've always been more of a cat person that a dog person (wowzers, really, Danny?), but Eenuh's dog is probably one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. Her face is so lovely. :)