NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

At this point is looking increasingly unlikely that China, the MEC, and the EU are going to be in the game.

Just realized the game comes out on the 25th and that I have midterms on the 26th, 27th, and November 2nd. Mind you, it'll probably take that long for them to get it running smoothly.

Just realized the game comes out on the 25th and that I have midterms on the 26th, 27th, and November 2nd. Mind you, it'll probably take that long for them to get it running smoothly.

This will likely be smooth day 1. They wont have any issues with load given that the beta had 13 million players. More likely we will get odd bugs that werent in the beta or something.

Cant wait. Looking like its going to be fps of the generation. :D

Worth giving a shout out to Origin/EA customer support.

For those unaware, I was unable to use my original bf profile name and the game wouldn't let me play. I had to create a new origin account for the beta. It was nice of them to email me an update to the issue and that I have nothing to worry about in the final game. : peace:

Nine days folks. Nine days.

Karkland's looking mighty spiffy these days I must say.

Looks like the console versions will have server browsers. Bravo DICE and EA! :grin:

Down with backward playlist systems and restricted matchmaking.

This is how its done!

Includes matchmaking at the same time for noobs funnily enough.

Looks very similar to KZ2's implementation. They definately learnt afew things.

Towards the end he clicks on one server to see the server settings.

Edited by Choze

Shaping up to be a pretty tight game indeed this. It's nice to hear DICE's approach to multiplayer being discussed again. I haven't played a huge amount of COD online but I never got that sense of teamwork that I did from the other BF games.

Damn Russians and their non-specific revenge against the US involving the Middle East in some way. Lot of them around these days.

I also like the

happening within the first six minutes of the story. :heh: Edited by gaggle64

Server Browser what does that mean? You can customize the games you want to join/find?

Pretty much - allowing you to search by map, mode, player count etc. I personally much prefer games that force everyone to use automated matchmaking & playlists myself, to stop "de_dust" type scenarios developing. Also I think the public are idiots who need to be controlled, but that may just be because I work in retail.

Yeah I was worried about that, I presume servers will have map rotation and other servers won't?

It wasn't really an issue in previous battlefield games though. There will always be servers that don't have map rotation, but there will still be quite a few that do.

It wasn't really an issue in previous battlefield games though. There will always be servers that don't have map rotation, but there will still be quite a few that do.

It was a bit of a problem back in BF2 (though admittedly not chronic), hence the "Back to Karkand" pack we're getting today.

Never been an issue in any server browser game whether its CS or BF2. The whole idea of using server browser is that you can get any sort of game types in any rotation with specific settings. Some people will prefer vehicle maps as an example. Others infantry or ground only. Others friendly fire. Some both Rush and Conquest. On PC this can extend to mods on unranked servers in the future.

Playlists and matchmaking are just garbage restrictive shit aimed at console users who dont know any better. I guarantee you that the server browser will be one of the game's biggest selling points. Once you get used to it you wont go back.

Nvidia really on the ball. New driver up. 285.62 Performance increases all across the board not just BF3.

As a Crossfire motherboard owner I am glad I went with Nvidia.