NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

Pretty much the only way in which I consider BFBC2 to be a better game is in terms of destruction. BF3 lacks those great moments where you narrowly escape a collapsing building.

That said, being able to demolish buildings entirely could upset the map balance a bit. Perhaps it's fairer this way.

You can demolish most buildings in the game. Caspian Border is a good example.

I'm glad back to Karkand gives us the LA85 (SA80) it was my weapon of choice in BF2

had a REALLY good kill on Karg Island last night, MY friend and i were in the Jets (SU flankers) and managed to outclass all the would be pilots on the attacking US forces team

It got boring as eventually everyone stopped trying to fly.......except one guy, he kept coming out with a stinger trying to shoot us down when we flew close enough to the carrier, He really must have wanted to fly in a jet.

so i decided i'd try to shoot him on the carrier, i flew in close and kept shooting and flying low, machine guns didn't kill him though, the landing gear came out i hit the deck hard and ran him over and took off again! i laughed so hard i flew out of bounds

What the game really needs at this point is some sort of air superiority mode like in BF 1943.

We might do on pc in the future. We already have 1000 ticket servers etc. Might try a 1 hour game next :p Those were fun on Killzone 2.

Why do i get sooo frustrated playing this? I get killed and i seriously feel like smashing up my pad, and i have no idea why, i don't get mad at any other games.

It's getting to the point where i don't even want to play it anymore. Might trade it in for Uncharted and buy it back pre-owned sometime next year when i have more money.

Why do i get sooo frustrated playing this? I get killed and i seriously feel like smashing up my pad, and i have no idea why, i don't get mad at any other games.

It's getting to the point where i don't even want to play it anymore. Might trade it in for Uncharted and buy it back pre-owned sometime next year when i have more money.

I know how you feel, except its the keyboard. Maybe, it's because you feel you had no backup, there were teamates in that area that are perpetually blind, you are going to have a long walk back to that location, or maybe it's because you shot him first, only for the gun recoil to spoil your aim, so he can turn around and shoot you once in the face rendering him the winner. I could go on but it's not really gonna stop us from continuing the cycle of torture for those elusive gaming highs where you take out a whole squad with one clip eh.

Ah this game keeps on popping up sweet moments, I was on caspian border, well infact I joined a game attacking, our team was on 7 tickets left to go on the final set of MCOM Stations, I jumped in a jeep raced up the hill crashed into a wall shot some bad guys and then set a charge and won the game, was so awesomely quick I loved it.

Also on Kharg Island I was crusing in my tank I see a jet so I take a pot shot at it, it was a fair distance away, I thought nothing of it and started looking for ground targets again next thing I know, Vehicle Destroyed !! :)

Gulf of Oman map trailer here, with it's hover jets.

Let me just repeat that.

HOVER JETS.

I'm guessing it's the same F-35 that was in BF2.

The F-35 was revealed in 2006 (possibly latter, that was just the date of the first flight), BF2 came out in 2005, so you might be confusing it with another plane.

The F-35 was in BF2, 100% sure. link

You'd never use hover anyway. I never did in BF2. Way too easy for the other team to shoot you down, and it's impossible to make a quick getaway.

SRS question: Can you hover in choppers?

Ofcourse.

Just make sure to shoot people with stingers.

ok...how? :P

Make sure you line up the pitch (helps to use the lines at the front, may have to compensate for your forward momentum (assuming you're already moving forwards). Then you just have to tap the throttle once in a while.

Think of how you tilt the heli.

Experiment. Also shoot rockets while doing it. You might hit something :p

Yeah there's no special button to hover, the problem is when you tilt forward to shoot the bad guys you fly forward thus stopping the hover, it's the problem I have anyways,

Wake island trailer. The more things change...

Oh, bugger me... as soon as my dead PC hard drive gets back from Seagate, I'm buying this bad boy. If any of you guys are on PC, prepare to RPG'd. In the face. A lot.

The dlc is fantastic. :awesome:

Really great additions to the game. They also seem to have kept all of the iconic elements of the old maps. Unlike the COD dlc this stuff is fun and i'll be playing it well after a year.