NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

In real life, Stingers are strictly surface to air, whereas the javelin (the one featured in the game anyway) is a surface to surface anti-tank weapon.

In real life, Stingers are strictly surface to air, whereas the javelin (the one featured in the game anyway) is a surface to surface anti-tank weapon.

I see. It would've been nice to have that made clear in the description somewhere :).

God this game can be so good sometimes. The satisfaction of winning a rush game is like no other game. There is a great sense of achievement had by battling your way through each m com station. Especially when your in a squad that is working together even though you can't hear them you just kind if have a 6th sense.

That's the sweet and sour of the Battlefield experience. It's like performing on stage: When it's not going your way and your team isn't shifting it's weight, it's a hideous experience. When it's going right and everybody is playing their part, it's a multi-faceted radiant beauty.

I still think there are way too many snipers for my liking. It's a perfectly legitimate class and plays a useful role however people don't seem to take into account how many are on their team. The amount of rush games of defence i've won simply because the attacking team won't move. They only ever realise when the counter starts reading about 5-10, by which time it's too late. Is K/D really THAT important to these people, this is the wrong game for that and hopefully in time they'll realise that. That being said I had some fantastic games yesterday. So glad mines stay on the ground after you die. Got so many vehicle kills :) There are some bloody good heli and plane pilots now too, shame they fly too close to my rocket launcher ho ho ho!

Will probably get it for PS3 in the next few hours. Need a good multiplayer shooter. since I suck at Uncharted 3...

Had a lot of fun with Bad Company 2, so I think this won't be too different.

I still think there are way too many snipers for my liking. It's a perfectly legitimate class and plays a useful role however people don't seem to take into account how many are on their team. The amount of rush games of defence i've won simply because the attacking team won't move. They only ever realise when the counter starts reading about 5-10, by which time it's too late. Is K/D really THAT important to these people, this is the wrong game for that and hopefully in time they'll realise that. That being said I had some fantastic games yesterday. So glad mines stay on the ground after you die. Got so many vehicle kills :) There are some bloody good heli and plane pilots now too, shame they fly too close to my rocket launcher ho ho ho!

I've died 6 times in a plane now, 3 times was on karg island trying to fly too low and clipping those damn telephone wires (there invisible until you hit them lol)

the other 3 were on one of the smaller maps (another island with a petrol station hilltop garage etc) there was a pilot camper, he circled the damn deployment point of our jets and stingered me on the ground or as i took off. gave in left him to be the only jet in the sky (nobody else bothered flying) by the end of the round he was the lowest scorer on the loosing team

other than that i've got really good with the jet, once you get sidewinders and IR smoke you can avoid death very easy and take out most targets. helecopters are great if you have a gunner to help, rockets reload too slowly (i assume theres an upgrade eventually)

On some maps like Kharg Island. Air isnt too important but needs ot at least be in check. More important to keep the ground battle focused and get all flags where possible.

Gaggle you should have stayed for the Attacking round of noshahr canals, we took all M Com stations in about 7 minutes. was awsum.

Gaggle you should have stayed for the Attacking round of noshahr canals, we took all M Com stations in about 7 minutes. was awsum.

I rather guessed it would turn out that way, as I took pot shots at the 4 or 5 poor bastards who actually tried to do anything other then rolling around the carrier deck sniping and waiting for a helicopter. Unfortunately I had stuff I needed back on the boil and I figured you could probably manage the next round without me. Glad to hear it went well, lets do it again sometime. I particularly enjoyed the Bazaar attack we made together.

A question to Battlefield veterans. Thinking of getting this for the 360 is it as good as Battlefield 2? This is my point of reference as I haven't played any Bad Company games.

A question to Battlefield veterans. Thinking of getting this for the 360 is it as good as Battlefield 2? This is my point of reference as I haven't played any Bad Company games.

Personally I'd say it's not quite as good as BF2. Still a great game though. And should be better when the back to Karkand expansion pack comes out (which has 4 maps from BF2).

BF2 is a difficult comparison with the console limitations, but I can absolutely affirm that this is Battlefield, albeit for a console. If you want more Battlefield you may go forth and purchase in confidence.

Whats the difference between Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 1/2 Battlefield 3. Played bad company 2 on ps3, found it too easy so played on pc where i get stomped back in humility daily, and now playing bf3 which has sooooo many buttons you can accidently press so you are going from crouch to stand to prone while reloading, all before the enemy turns around and shoots me. Pretty much a staple for me in my pc shooters. Where's the "consolisation"?

BF2 is a difficult comparison with the console limitations, but I can absolutely affirm that this is Battlefield, albeit for a console. If you want more Battlefield you may go forth and purchase in confidence.

Unless you get it for the PC. Which I would strongly recommend if your PC can play it. 64 player maps versus 24 for consoles, m/k combo, better graphics.

No brainer.

A couple of good tips in here.

Only surprising one in there for me was tank. One thing I have learned and seen about the battlefield games is they tend to have a high attention to detail (clear distance difference between jeep and tank) and some of the things you can achieve or perform in the games, if not the series, is only limited by your imagination.

Its a full Battlefield. If you want the best experience get it for pc. Consoles arent bad at all though. Its still the exact same game taking into account console limitations.

Its a full Battlefield. If you want the best experience get it for pc. Consoles arent bad at all though. Its still the exact same game taking into account console limitations.

Think some have said before but want a general gist. Where do people people rate this alongside the battlefields that have come before? Compared to bad company, it's definitely the better game but there are some aspects of bc2 that I will miss like certain maps, and the weigthy feel of some of the pistols. Shot guns were crap and recon mortar strike is heavily missed :( along with general anti tank weapons they had access to.

Worth pointing out that if you want more detailed stats etc. stuff that Battlelog doesnt do there are many 3rd party websites that provide additional stat tracking data for BF3 pc and console. This includes signatures etc.

http://www.bf3s.com (bf2s was one of the best bf2 trackers)

http://bf3stats.com/

http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator

Think some have said before but want a general gist. Where do people people rate this alongside the battlefields that have come before? Compared to bad company, it's definitely the better game but there are some aspects of bc2 that I will miss like certain maps, and the weigthy feel of some of the pistols. Shot guns were crap and recon mortar strike is heavily missed :( along with general anti tank weapons they had access to.

I think Recon were a bit too good in BC2. BF3 is hard to explain to someone has not played BF2. BF2 is ancient now but its aged really well. Thats how far ahead of its time the series has been.

Bear in mind Bf2 also grew through free and paid updates. Special Forces introduced stuff like flash bangs, gas grenades, gas masks, 1 man buggys etc. So many aspects from previous games still have a chance to make it in.

I have the odd go on BF2, there's still tons of servers going. I much prefer the m+k combo, so i'm going to prefer any PC BF over a console one. But i really love the console ones.

Pretty much the only way in which I consider BFBC2 to be a better game is in terms of destruction. BF3 lacks those great moments where you narrowly escape a collapsing building.

That said, being able to demolish buildings entirely could upset the map balance a bit. Perhaps it's fairer this way.