NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

Aslong as you squad spawn and can pretty much work out I'm sneaking round the back then its fine for me. :)

I prefer to get stuck in by the shortest route myself, but I'll try to keep it in mind. :heh:

So how are the servers going? Quite fancy this but not until I know they're working properly.

So how are the servers going? Quite fancy this but not until I know they're working properly.

Last I checked, still a bit touch and go at peak times, but I'll be surprised if problems last beyond the next week or so.

I get the odd drop and sometimes cannot connect to a server but never takes more then 5 minutes to get a game. I played for 8 hours straight on the Friday so have been pretty good.

Flawless for me. No problems here on PS3 and PC. No trouble joining games.

I've never had any trouble getting in a game, with the exception of sometimes just clicking "join a game" doesn't work, I have to browse the server list and pick one but then it connects instantly.

Like what many say use server browsers anyway. Better experience all round.

Make sure you set filters according to how you like it. In there set region to Europe and its automatically better than the COD series for lag. Well vastly on that alone as you wont be playing with Americans or Asians.

On pc there are issues with server quality on 64 players. Clearly some servers are not good at it while others are. Much like BF2.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=619404

Launch went quite well:

. Server stability was solid in the first weekend, delivering EA's highest-ever usage rates. While some players experienced intermittent disruption of online services due to high volume, internal estimates show that servers and service uptime stabilized to roughly 98.9% throughout the weekend, ensuring that players were connected and enjoying the game. With a commitment to support the game as a software service, EA is listening to consumer feedback and is making daily updates and improvements to ensure an optimal online experience for all.
Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Anyone have the problem with the game where everything disappears in the hud, the scores, the little icons over your teams and enemies heads. If you die that's it can't respawn at all and you have to reload the whole game. Slightly annoying!!

I think I've found my class. Engineer. I seem to be able to take down tanks pretty well and I used an unguided rocket to take down a helicopter like a boss. Fuck yeah.

I think I've found my class. Engineer. I seem to be able to take down tanks pretty well and I used an unguided rocket to take down a helicopter like a boss. Fuck yeah.

Try out the EOD bot. Its really fun to get kills with the thing. Also you can arm/disarm MCOMs in rush without anyone knowing.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Ds_JIKrjs5IY&start1=&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIi1tc493bZM&start2=35

Lawl

Try out the EOD bot. Its really fun to get kills with the thing. Also you can arm/disarm MCOMs in rush without anyone knowing.

Haven't unlocked it yet, but it's my next unlock.

I was in the God damn zone today. Normally I'm pretty shit at shooters, but today I managed a 9-1 KDR, including pretty much every ribbon going (slight exaggeration). The only reason I died was because I ran out of ammo and had to try and kill someone with the pistol. Was the squad leader for a bit, which I quite enjoy. I basically just pointed at whichever checkpoint was orange and sent people there.

Landmines are pretty much my favourite thing. Nothing beats just walking round a map, only to see "Vehicle Disabled" "Vehicle Destroyed" and a few "Enemy Killed" all pop up at once.

If anyone wants to squad up, my PSN ID is UKStumpy.

I used to be an Engineer on Bad Company 2, tis a good class.

People seem to be catching on to them now. When I first unlocked it people didn't pay any attention to them and rarely shot at them (resulting in much hilarity, I took out three guys and an MCOM station in one run. Solo).

You know what is really awesome? Having the entire team use either the EOD or EAV in some kind of weird robot-rush. Was playing with a bunch of mates last night and we managed to pull this off.

The MAV is pretty great. I don't get as many points using it as I would by shooting guys but it's still a healthy amount, plus it's obviously a huge advantage for your team of defenders when the opposing team during Rush are all flagged.

Engineer is definitely my go-to class simply because they can deal with pretty much anything: carbines have decent range, rockets can clear your airspace whilst mines keep the roads clear. I still enjoy Recon but I feel far more powerless in this than BC2 due to the class's lack of C4.

Shot down a helicopter which then crashed into a whole squad and killed them :) Was having some great fun with c4. Just hiding behind a fence waiting for a tank to roll past and lobbing it on a tank. boom!

I swear 95% of all players on this are retarded.

Playing rush on Operation Metro, I defused the bomb about 5 times in just the first set of stations, while my team was camped at the edge of the map getting kills. I was getting really pissed off, as i was the only one doing any of the owning.

I played a game of Conquest where both sides did that - it was me and a duo from the other side duking it out while the other 21 players in the game were all skulking around the edges somewhere. I spent forty minutes on Rharg Island taking and retaking a single point, occasionally destroying or getting run over by the same two guys in a jeep. It was pathetic.

I've had numerous far better games since though - some of the chaff already seems to be burning off.

Players are getting better and better.

Anyone have the problem with the game where everything disappears in the hud, the scores, the little icons over your teams and enemies heads. If you die that's it can't respawn at all and you have to reload the whole game. Slightly annoying!!

I had it happen on the PC. Not sure why. I once had an admin changing my view to 3rd person as i was absolutely destroying his team. You can report people like that.

Infact loads of people are getting banned on PC right now for hacks. Reminds me of BF2. Leads to a lot of bitter people posting on forums lol.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news

Battlelog updates.

I swear 95% of all players on this are retarded.

Playing rush on Operation Metro, I defused the bomb about 5 times in just the first set of stations, while my team was camped at the edge of the map getting kills. I was getting really pissed off, as i was the only one doing any of the owning.

I’ve had similar, I played a game the other night and over three maps/games I was one of the highest scorers and each time my kills/death was about 1 kill to 6 deaths. I spent it either on foot with my friend following (alternating between medic, Engineer and recon classes) or in a tank or Jeep. All we did was go between capture points claiming the flag, as I was often driver I had low kills just got support/assists. But everyone else seemed to think they were playing COD, running around blind firing jumping up and down like they were on crack

I find it really hard going when I’m not playing with my friends, as its difficult to get a squad/team who go for objectives and don’t just camp or try and play COD. Had a few games where I was a low scorer because nobody would help, I ended up as a lone wolf trying to capture with no help. In the end I go Recon find a good vantage point and just spot for everyone and wait for some proper players or my mates to come online

I did have a weird glitch the other day, select/back when held brings up the scores right? (rhetorical question) well on one server last night it worked fine, but then after I died when I brought it up it only had 1 player on the enemy team, after that I couldn’t spot/tag anyone else but this one player. They were all run and gun death matchers so I left in the end but it was an odd glitch

I also find that you cannot join squads some time, you find one with a space select it hit X and boom find a squad starts and you stay in unassigned. That is annoying when I want to team up with mates

Edited by Agent Gibbs
how did i miss those speeling mistakes ;P

Yeah I had the problem with one person on the opposite team, never realised I couldnt spot anyone else though, thought I was just spamming the spot button so it stopped me for a few seconds.

Had a horrible game where someone just could not be killed, I wasn't even getting a hit marker and there were about 3 people on our team laying into him and he was just like the fucking terminator. I checked his stats, he did die a few times so I just put it down to shitty lag and not cheating...

YES YES YES.

BF2 maps look great.

info: Persistence is basically leveling up and unlocking.

Edited by Choze

Mmmm does indeed look rather glorious!

info: Persistence is basically leveling up and unlocking.

Info: Annoyance is basically reading your patronising posts! :laughing:

Are the maps exactly the same as in BF2?

Sharqi and Wake look brilliant with the new engine.