NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

Do you have it on both chose?

This game is the nuts. The sound has been whoomped up and its just bloody great. Kicked some dins ass just now.

Oh and it looks great.

Man, I clicked "quick play" on the 360 and bam, I was in a match in 5 seconds, talk about baptism of fire :heh: I didn't do too badly for my first real battlefield outing since the original years ago. Flew a jet out of bounds in my second game because all I could see was sky and I couldn't figure out any of the controls. Is there a way to tag enemies/enemy vehicles on 360? The damn box doesn't even come with a control guide!

Oh, but it's awesome :)

Man, I clicked "quick play" on the 360 and bam, I was in a match in 5 seconds, talk about baptism of fire :heh: I didn't do too badly for my first real battlefield outing since the original years ago. Flew a jet out of bounds in my second game because all I could see was sky and I couldn't figure out any of the controls. Is there a way to tag enemies/enemy vehicles on 360? The damn box doesn't even come with a control guide!

Oh, but it's awesome :)

Tag as in spot them for your teammates to see?

Select on PS3, the equivalent on 360 (don't know what it is :p)

I'm loving this, Tehran Highway map is awesome :)

if anyone wants to add me on PC my tag is gmaclachlan

I'll usually be on my friends server :)

I've started a forum platoon for the Xbox players in our ranks - the NE Mushroom Marauders (tentative title) - friend me so I can pull you into this.

Alt. titles considered - Hyrulian Highlanders and Dreamland Defenders - somebody should set up platoons for the other platforms with those titles if you ask me. :heh:

wow my psn friends list was basically this Uncharted 3 Multiplayer and Batman...feel like that's gonna be the case for a fair few weeks now.....

wow my psn friends list was basically this Uncharted 3 Multiplayer and Batman...feel like that's gonna be the case for a fair few weeks now.....

I'll give you a game whenever i'm on, don't have a mic though :P

finally got it working, got the multiplayer working anyway, screw the battle log :P

got through the single player on normal in a few hours too.

Good games with Cooky. The invite and join system is really great in this game. You have excellent XMB support as well as ingame support. Server browser is superb. Its really one of the main reasons people will stick to this game. Had to tough it without unlocks tonight so I shall work on unlocking them over the weekend. Needless to say i died a lot.

I have to say the console version looks amazing. The maps are also just as large with the same building, objects etc. The main difference is just the player count which meant some large conquest maps are missing a capture point or two. Its easily the best multiplatform game to date technically and DICE should be proud.

I've started a forum platoon for the Xbox players in our ranks - the NE Mushroom Marauders (tentative title) - friend me so I can pull you into this.

I cant seem to sign up to Battlelog. Maybe I'm being dense but on the game it tells me to visit the website and on the website it tells me I need to buy the game.....

Edit: scrap that, working now :) I have sent a friend request and applied to join. I like Dreamland Defenders.

Edited by Shorty

The only thing I can guess at is to make sure your xbox account is linked to your EA/origin account - otherwise it must just be server trouble or something. I don't think they've organized this terribly well admittedly.

Edited by gaggle64

If EA release a statement chalking up the server issues to "unexpected demand" I'll don a ghillie suit, hop on the train to London and punch them in their collective nob.

Hopefully my PS3 copy will arrive tomorrow, unless ASDA have ballsed things up more than I thought. The post probably won't arrive until 1PM, but I'd welcome any invites after I've had a chance to finish the campaign; let's say 1:30.

If EA release a statement chalking up the server issues to "unexpected demand" I'll don a ghillie suit, hop on the train to London and punch them in their collective nob.

Hopefully my PS3 copy will arrive tomorrow, unless ASDA have ballsed things up more than I thought. The post probably won't arrive until 1PM, but I'd welcome any invites after I've had a chance to finish the campaign; let's say 1:30.

I finished my go at the campaign even faster than that. I pressed "Campaign", it said "Insert Disk 2", I couldn't be bothered to get up so I went back to Multiplayer.

At least I tried.

Played against some cak heads last night. They couldn't even capture the first two m com stations on grand bazar. Or capture much in fact in any of the maps.

I love the sound of a sniper bullet whizzing past you, I almost shit my pants.

Managed to fly a helicopter which was impressive but I don't think my team mate got many kills while being a gunner.

One issue i have with the console version it seems because the numbers have been reduced the vehicles have as well. one jet v one jet is hardly fun, especially when it's a jet that can't attack ground targets. in BC2 you had 2 helicopters going at it on the same team.

Edited by James

This game does need the BF2 maps for old timers :) Should fill the current gaps nicely. Loving whats there already.

Quick summary of the game

single player - meh

multiplayer - mmm

Haha. I am only up to the trailer war level in single player.

I cant seem to sign up to Battlelog. Maybe I'm being dense but on the game it tells me to visit the website and on the website it tells me I need to buy the game.....

Edit: scrap that, working now :) I have sent a friend request and applied to join. I like Dreamland Defenders.

I think you need to play a match on consoles for it to start working. PC uses it as a frontend.

I think where this game excels is the sounds and effects in general. Yeh it's not the prettiest game ever but when you're being shot at with RPG's and tank shells exploding all around you, it's just immense!

Finished the campaign earlier, average at best. All the characters are very forgetable and many of the levels are just plain boring. Are developers so stumped for ideas that every FPS war game has to have a point where you hold up as respawning enemies swarm you? The respawning wasn't even hid well, they just kept popping up out of thin air.

I had a few glitches while playing the game, one involving an achievement not unlocking and others where characters would walk through closed doors or just not move at all, which resulted in me having to reload the last checkpoint.

I tried the multiplayer this morning but I couldn't get into it. I think it was Rush I was playing and before I could even attack the enemy/objective I had to grab a boat/tank/plane and make my way over to the other section of the map...no i've never played a battlefield game before. :D

I had a few glitches while playing the game, one involving an achievement not unlocking and others where characters would walk through closed doors or just not move at all, which resulted in me having to reload the last checkpoint.

I had an incident where the AI just wouldn't move. It turned out there was another enemy in the area that they'd managed to walk past. They wouldn't progress until I killed him. Because, you know, that's how war works. If an enemy is somewhere near, but no one is shooting at you and you don't know they're there, everything stops.

Also had a nice moment where the AI was stacking up against a door, but they pinned me against the wall. I couldn't move and they couldn't get into position, so it was a stalemate. I solved that situation with a nicely ricocheted grenade that killed us all. No one stalemates me.

I've gotten stuck a few times in single player like that as well (Although I've only played the first few levels so far). I got stuck on a tree once in multiplayer as well though, thinking I didn't have much choice, I shot my rocket launcher at the ground directly under me, thinking it would kill me. Oddly enough though it just took 50% of my health and the force from it set me free.

I mopped up all the single player achievys this morning and decided to have a crack at multiplayer again. Still didn't like it.

After trying Rush yesterday I decided to try a bit of TDM. I started the game by spawning right next to an enemy who gladly shot me in the face, this happened alot. Where the hell is the spawn protect? In a new round the game actually started me by 2 enemies, where again I was quickly killed.

After the game had finished I looked at the players I was against and in terms of ranks they were all in their 20-30's. I assume they had access to better weapons and gadgets then.

I ranted on about this kind of thing in another topic a while back so I won't bother going into it again. If this is how most online games are going to be, where you are pitted against people who are a higher rank and have access to better stuff, then count me out.

Methinks I will trade this in on Tuesday for Uncharted 3.

I mopped up all the single player achievys this morning and decided to have a crack at multiplayer again. Still didn't like it.

After trying Rush yesterday I decided to try a bit of TDM. I started the game by spawning right next to an enemy who gladly shot me in the face, this happened alot. Where the hell is the spawn protect? In a new round the game actually started me by 2 enemies, where again I was quickly killed.

After the game had finished I looked at the players I was against and in terms of ranks they were all in their 20-30's. I assume they had access to better weapons and gadgets then.

I ranted on about this kind of thing in another topic a while back so I won't bother going into it again. If this is how most online games are going to be, where you are pitted against people who are a higher rank and have access to better stuff, then count me out.

Methinks I will trade this in on Tuesday for Uncharted 3.

H-o-T mate, think you have been trying the wrong modes. My very short time with BF tells me its not really a single player game. Also, those mulitplayers modes are generally full of the high rankers who are looking to get high kd/r and unlock weapon attackments me thinks who also haven't probably touched single player mode.

Personally I would try to stick to conquest which has a lot more skirmishes going about the fields, alot more different options to acheive, and longer duration and slower pace than the other modes so you can get your bearings and start earning points effectively by sticking to class objectives. IMO stick with the assualt class, head to mission critical objectives, stick a med pack down aand rez ppl with defib when you get that gadget.

I think this series takes time to get into, bet when you do, it can be very rewarding. Hope this helps in some way.