NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

Oh, bugger me... as soon as my dead PC hard drive gets back from Seagate, I'm buying this bad boy. If any of you guys are on PC, prepare to RPG'd. In the face. A lot.

Add me. Name's Greveson.

Great, as soon as I get stuck in hospital for a month, this finally comes out. FML :(. Ah well keep me up to date with how awesome the new/old maps are.

FUCK YOU PS3 BITCHES!!!

Does ps3 get it early?! Awesome, that means there is less for me to miss out on. When do pc users get it? Week later? Two weeks?

Does ps3 get it early?! Awesome, that means there is less for me to miss out on. When do pc users get it? Week later? Two weeks?

Week later. 13th I think.

the dlc is so good. :D I cant wait for the pc one either :p

On the PS3 its pretty excellent though. All 4 maps are superb. Really adds to the game.

The DLC is great but i take offence at some of the really annoying "assignments" to unlock weapons that used to be class defaults, i'm looking at you LA85A2 the old medic default, needs to unlock the FAMAS first,100 assault kills, 20 noob tube kills and 5 wins in squad death match

1 i've never played squad death match, as thats where the run and gun players often go, nobody sticks to a squad

2. the 100 kills are after you unlock FAMAS they don't count the previous thousands of kills, only from when you unlock the FAMAS

3.i hate noob tubes COD killed them for me

then theres one of the support weapons 1 of the unlock requirements is 2 mortar kills, i've barely used support and don't even have mortars, but the weapon you can unlock after the 1st support one has much easier requirements suppressions and kills

pain in the ass

but overall the DLC is amazing, but how do you hover/switch your vector thrust on in the F35? only time i've triggered it was completely by accident during a high roll to escape a missle

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it's f'ing epic. I want a Battlefield 3 simulator for Christmas!

Edited by The fish

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it's f'ing epic. I want a Battlefield 3 simulator for Christmas!

Not posting the video?

but overall the DLC is amazing, but how do you hover/switch your vector thrust on in the F35? only time i've triggered it was completely by accident during a high roll to escape a missle

Pull and hold the brake and you'll switch to hover mode. After burner pumps the VTOL thruster.

Looks like the Physical Warfare Pack is up on the PSN store for free.

Not sure how to get it on PC?

I need to pick up Battlefield 3 myself. Call of Duty MW3 just isn't really all that fun for me. Between the dying instantly on respawn almost to the getting one shotted with anything despite me capping someone up for 2 minutes with cursor on them then the cam showing I never touched them even though I was like arm length away. Yeah... it's that stupid.

I need to pick up Battlefield 3 myself. Call of Duty MW3 just isn't really all that fun for me. Between the dying instantly on respawn almost to the getting one shotted with anything despite me capping someone up for 2 minutes with cursor on them then the cam showing I never touched them even though I was like arm length away. Yeah... it's that stupid.

Yeah I got the same impression when i tried it on the 360. Its faithful I guess. I cant get used to wonky auto aim either. Its so strong when 3 people are next to each other it can get confused. Single player is better than BF3's though.

Yeah I fully agree. I think COD is just a fad, and the only people who can truly appreciate it are the fanboys that started from the beginning. I kept being harassed to buy it by one of my cousins and once I got it, I feel it was the biggest waste of $60.00 I could've made. Battlefield 3 would've been a much better purchase from the looks of it.

I have a copy of Dark Souls almost brand new (only 2 hours of play time on it) and I just couldn't get into it, so I'm gonna see if I can trade someone and get Battlefield 3 for it.

Unch nubs - put this in your PS3 instead for a bit. The new maps are fantastic. Wake Island being a particularly good rendition.

Unch nubs - put this in your PS3 instead for a bit. The new maps are fantastic. Wake Island being a particularly good rendition.

All 4 are good. Cant beat the orginals ofcourse but these are really good maps and you can tell the map designers knew what iconic moments and techniques had to be recreated which i really appreciate.

Are the co-op mission weapons worth doing to unlock them, are they any good?

Does no one play this anymore? Since I got back into it after a little hiatus, I have been loving it. Has been holding my attention for far longer than MW3 did (akimbo FMG9s are ridiculous even post "nerf"), and a good thing too as there are a ton of unlocks which really feel worthwhile once you get them, and really different from what you were using before.

Also, you really get the feeling that the Developers DICE, in spite of EA's machinations, really listen to the community applying changes that are fair and very much needed. MAV riders and USAS shotgun users will be a thing of the past once the new patch hits (shame there is no date for its release ¬_¬).

If anyone still plays it on PC look me up. Best platform for BF imo and there are some moments that can only be experienced in BF.

I still play it, sometimes I need a little break from it, but then it can hold me for a good 4 hour session. Love it, always some moment that happens, I was ready to take out a jeep as I could see it spotted with an RPG, as it came closer it flew off a jump and landed ontop of me lol.

If anyone still plays it on PC look me up. Best platform for BF imo and there are some moments that can only be experienced in BF.

I still play it. Feel free to add me: Greveson

Some new shit announced.

The HD Destruction in Close Quarters lets players riddle the environment with bullets, reducing entire locales to ruin. Everything from furniture to plaster can be shot to pieces, and players can see the result of the mayhem as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor.

The tight level design and many opportunities for vertical gameplay mean players will need to bring their A game if they want to stay alive in this highly competitive theater of war.

This fall will also bring the expansion pack Battlefield 3: Armored Kill. Featuring all-out vehicle warfare with new tanks, ATV’s, and mobile artillery, it also includes the biggest map in Battlefield history. Come winter, it is time for the fourth expansion pack Battlefield 3: End Game.

Come back next week for the first gameplay trailer and screenshots from Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

don't like the sound of close quaters, sounds awfully like COD. Do like the sounds of the others..

Ah but that is the beauty of Battlefield. There is a place/map for all of it's 70+ weapons whereas in COD, some weapons just have no place and should never be used. Knowing BF3, none of the close quarters buildings will be left standing towards the end of some rounds they will become just an arena of chaos.