NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

Ergh, my friend bailed on me so no midnight-opening-buying-of-Battlefield 3 for me. Will get it tomorrow afternoon. :)

Been playing online for the past few hours (Xbox 360). All I can say is it's fantastic! Retains everything good about the series but just makes it so much more, real. The sounds and sights of it all. The guns, explosions, tanks, choppers etc. Just gives you that feeling of being in an actual battle. What i've noticed so far is that it seems much more balanced. Very impressed.

Will be playing this at some point tonight. I need to get me a GTX 590 :( my 460 isn't going to cut it for much longer!

Didn't even realise it's not out yet. I have to wait until midnight to play it! At least it's installed already :p

I'm quite impressed by Play.com now I've realised they sent it a day early.

The game clearly has attracted alot of COD players. You can tell because most games are like COD. People hiding in stupid places and not bothering with objectives. Its amazing how every single player ignores the objectives. :zzz:

Activision should just bring MW3 forward so we can lose some of these dead weights.

So my first experience with the multiplayer has been cut tragically short... I get in from work, play one game which I lost connection to and now I can't even play the mutiplayer. :angry:

'Failed to connect to EA Online. Please try again'

Almost the same thing happened to me with Medal of Honour, is it just me or EA's shit servers?

The game clearly has attracted alot of COD players. You can tell because most games are like COD. People hiding in stupid places and not bothering with objectives. Its amazing how every single player ignores the objectives. :zzz:

Activision should just bring MW3 forward so we can lose some of these dead weights.

Same thing was going on with Bad Company 2. No one goes for the objectives, everyone wants lots of kills. ::shrug: doesn't stop me from taking them.

Can't activate my game at the moment anyway. It asks me for my product key and I get a spinning grey loading wheel and then it tells me I'm offline. Of course I am :indeed:

This shit doesn't happen on Steam. Why can't we use whatever programs we want alongside the game rather than being forced to use shitty shitty Origin.

I'm enjoying the single player. I've tried many times to get into an online game but can I? Can I bollocks, 360 servers have gone tits up.

Been watching Giantbomb's live broadcast of BF3 on PC and the big crazy 64-player stuff is just awesome. As I said before we'd all be playing it on PC given the choice, but the console version should still give a good snifter of the full-bodied original flavour. Can't wait to finally get stuck in over the next couple of days.

Just had an excellent session. I shot down a helicopter with a stinger, and moments later, got a road kill. I suppose it landed on someone as I wasn't driving anything at the time.

Does anyone else find the default controls are a little bit odd for the air vehicles in this game? It seemed almost impossible to control the jets with the mouse.

Can't wait for the expansion to come out now. Wake island is going to be amazing with this new engine.

Will be playing this at some point tonight. I need to get me a GTX 590 :( my 460 isn't going to cut it for much longer!

You'd be better off with dual 580s or a 6990 actually. If you're paying that much money, you might as well go for the best. Or even better, wait for the Kepler/Southern Islands cards to come out.

That said, the game runs fine (40 FPS) on high (not ultra) @1920x1200 with my 1GB 460.

The postman came early today!

I still don't have BF3. Which, appropriately enough, means I'm stuck with RAGE; it's surprisingly uninteresting.

I've hardly had this for 5 minutes and already i'm having problems... I try activating the battlelog thing and it says:

"Battle Feed" Account not Activated. Visit Battlelog.Battlefield.Com to activate your battle feed and extend your experience to the web

So i try to log in on battlelog.battlefield.com but it only says this;

"Buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog. Check the FAQ"

But I already bought it :P so anyone know whats going on?

also it won't let me into multiplayer, it just hangs on a loading screen. I've put the pass thing in nd everything...sad martins

I got the game yesterday and have been playing singleplayer on and off this morning. I'm not that impressed by it, seems to be a standard run of the mill shooter, although I do think your squad AI is pretty good. I'm playing through the game on hard difficulty, which is pretty easy TBH, and the AI has been very helpful.

I had a quick go on co-op with a mate, pretty much plays like spec ops from MW2. It still baffles me why games like this and CoD put co-op as a seperate game mode, why not just make the campaign co-op? For me co-op makes an average game alot more fun.

I'm not sure if I will touch the online mode, may have a look at it over the weekend to see whether it's worth my time or not.

I can't even start up the game without it telling me my graphics card has crashed.

I'm getting a directx error that says 'GetDeviceRemovedReason'.

Full error is:

DirectX fucntion "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: Hardware device removed... GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460", Driver: 28562. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB.

I initially had the latest released drivers installed but now I'm using the latest beta drivers. No change whatsoever. There are quite a few people with this issue but no fix as of yet. Really frustrating. Most people seem to get it after 15-20 minutes in game but I get it as the game loads from the browser so I can't even get on at all.

Edited by The Peeps

I've hardly had this for 5 minutes and already i'm having problems... I try activating the battlelog thing and it says:

"Battle Feed" Account not Activated. Visit Battlelog.Battlefield.Com to activate your battle feed and extend your experience to the web

So i try to log in on battlelog.battlefield.com but it only says this;

"Buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog. Check the FAQ"

But I already bought it :P so anyone know whats going on?

also it won't let me into multiplayer, it just hangs on a loading screen. I've put the pass thing in nd everything...sad martins

I've had no problems over on the 360, can't speak for the PS3 version. You'll need an origin/EA account if you don't have one already.

Also, if you're having trouble getting in, go through the server browser and pick a server manually, the quick game button wasn't taking me anywhere fast but I got into the first server I tried.

I can't even start up the game without it telling me my graphics card has crashed.

I'm getting a directx error that says 'GetDeviceRemovedReason'.

Full error is:

I initially had the latest released drivers installed but now I'm using the latest beta drivers. No change whatsoever. There are quite a few people with this issue but no fix as of yet. Really frustrating. Most people seem to get it after 15-20 minutes in game but I get it as the game loads from the browser so I can't even get on at all.

Use the latest driver. The beta is old.

I play the campaign to warm up, i don't care about it really.

It's all in preparation for the amazingness that is the multiplayer. :)

Use the latest driver. The beta is old.

I'm using the latest driver I could find - Driver: 28562

@Choze thank you, it's working now. Can't believe I didn't try a clean install before lol I feel stupid now.

All part of PC gaming :p

Amazingly I've got home to discover Zaavi have delivered my Limited Edition Battlefield 3 for the PS3.

Any PS3 players up for some multiplayer tonight?

Amazingly I've got home to discover Zaavi have delivered my Limited Edition Battlefield 3 for the PS3.

Any PS3 players up for some multiplayer tonight?

YESSIR!

Anyone else joining us? :kiss: