NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

You can play single player on pc now using VPN trick. Just wait for battlelog to update for online.

You 'can' play online. As of now the game is technically out.

I am in Korea. Impressions coming soon.

Your on holiday in Korea? and you do impressions! Wow your well travelled and talented :bouncy:

Your on holiday in Korea? and you do impressions! Wow your well travelled and talented :bouncy:

I noticed EA give you 100MB Cloud storage. BF3 is supported.

Impressions incoming.

Edited by Choze

Did you got to Korea to specifically be one of the first to play Battlefield?

Once I activated the game I came back to the UK ;P

You should do the same.

Impressions:

Looks nice and killing people is fun. :yay:

You're sort of supposed to suck - it's not really Battlefield unless somebody's belly-flopping an F16 into their own squad. :heh:

Edited by gaggle64

I've got the game downloaded and everything now, but as I said earlier, I've got minterms tomorrow and the next day, so I'll probably just play for an hour or so tonight to see how well my computer can run it, etc.

Are people noticing significant performance improvements over the beta?

Your sort of supposed to suck - it's not really Battlefield unless somebody's belly-flopping an F16 into their own squad. :heh:

I used to regularly fly a helicopter full of soldiers into a tree or ocean. It's all a learning curve. Pro at it now, until the new one is out.

I could never fly them. I think I did 3 times. I just used to bail out before crashing everyone into a rockface.

I'm useless with helicopters too - jets or planes, I can rock it with the best. Helicopters I can't plough into the sea quickly enough.

The game really needs some sort of Vehicle training mode. I think 1943 had something like that. I suppose on the PC you could always just run an empty locked server or something like that.

I've always been rubbish at controlling the air vehicles, from 1942 to Vietnam to 2 to 2142, so I just stick to the ground :)

I was pro with Helis and Jets on 2. The 'helis' or whatever the fuck they were in 2142 were dreadful, so they don't even count.

http://battlefieldo.com/25-bf3-ultra-setting-screenshots/

Vehicles are improved all round. Had no problems with Jets. Have not done much with helis though. More vehicle unlocks in one day than the entire beta.

My biggest issue with the game is that the damage done by Assault class is a bit weak. I am running away or dodging attacks, same goes for my targets at times. Nothing like Bad company 1 or 2 though. You will see many more Support class players because of that. Not suure how much damage is required in hardcore mode.

The default mouse settings are changed so finding that setting that 'clicks' is annoying. I will try to sort out controls but mouse button mapping still isnt there. My DualShock 3 works fine though.

Another thing is foreign player/players with high pings joining games and messing them up.

Other than that its the smoothest Bf launch so far no doubt despite bugs. Really great game. Single player isnt exactly fresh or anything but if you enjoy the in person cinematic moments kind of stuff in other shooters then you will love BF3's single player. Online is insane. PC's get 64 players which come in handy for 'Conquest large' mode maps. Battlelog is great.

Game is hugely optimised over the beta. I am getting very high minimums in hot situations. The highs are very high. I can go over 120 fps where I got 60fps in the beta. I am actually running high mostly with some ultra. FXAA on, no MSAA and some AF. Quite happy.

Just had an awesome session in multiplayer. Aside from the few technical problems that still exist in the game at this point, its easily one of the best shooters I've played based on early impressions. Hopefully DICE will get everything ironed out over the next month or so.

I figured out that the increased health seems to be the result of lag. I have been on 64 player servers mainly and yes its an issue there. Playing on low ping 32 player servers make me feel like a killing machine.

Hoping to get this at midnight.

CAN. NOT. WAIT. :D

Even though I'll have to go to bed as soon as I get back, as I have to be up early tomorrow morning. :(

So I got this today - ShopTo ftw ;) - and I would be playing it right now but I have a few codes to register plus there's a 162 MB patch already, downloading it now, I hope this is for both parts of the game as all I did was put the single player disc into the drive, hopefully there isn't a seperate one for the multiplayer lol.

Now upon loading the game it tells me to install 1.5GB of HD content from the multiplayer disc...

... hopefully I'll actually get to play this game before work lol. :p

not that I'm complaining, I'm lucky to have it a day early.

Edited by S.C.G

Got the PC version in the post this morning, after a long install process my first experience of the game hasn't been that great.

Single player I'm literally 1 minute in and have to do a silly quick time event and press the space bar. It gives no indication of the timing, and I just die every time I try.

Multiplayer the first server I joined I got kicked after a few minutes of playing. No indication why. Second game I managed to join seemed to have bad lag, despite the server browser saying it had a good connection. ::shrug:

Guess I'll keep persevering, the multiplayer looks like it should be amazing when it works properly.