NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

Sharqi, fuck yeah, love that map.

Yep. I can still waste hours away on BF2 today. Its aged quite well. Sharqi was amazing. It's a great map. I loved the area with the building site and the hide and seek at the TV station.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand-weapons/

Double confirmation of being able to use the Back to Karkand equipment on normal BF3 maps etc. :)

I wonder if we will get Special Forces stuff later like Ziplines, flash bangs, gas grenades, gas helmets, night vision etc?

I think this game is making me go crazy. I seriously cant wait.

Edited by Choze

Aww, no G36E. I used to rape with that gun, up the arse and everything. And the AK-101.

Awesome, they've got my favorite, the British L85 - that beauty doesn't get fractionally enough love in military/shooter game. Is the expansion available day 1 or some time after?

Weapons Guide added online. http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/media/tag/weapons

Not exactly the full list of known weapons there but a good reference nonetheless. There will be additional unlocks for multiplayer through playing coop.

Awesome, they've got my favorite, the British L85 - that beauty doesn't get fractionally enough love in military/shooter game. Is the expansion available day 1 or some time after?

This. I agree. There are many lesser known guns here not used in other games. There is a Chinese manufactured assault rifle in BF3 but I wonder if they are inside as a faction?

I think the Karkand expansion is within the 1st month at worst or day 1.

Weapons Guide added online. http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/media/tag/weapons

Not exactly the full list of known weapons there but a good reference nonetheless. There will be additional unlocks for multiplayer through playing coop.

Good to see that they added the best weapon ever. I know it's been a fairly common since GoldenEye, but some recent games haven't included it.

The expansion is from day one, i'm sure EA/DICE announced it would be (I think)

Caspian Border 64 player open for PC beta users now. :grin:

Also two new online maps revealed:

Operation Firestorm demoed on PC

Grand Bazaar demoed on PS3

TiUUE.jpg

l4lap.jpg

iJwfI.jpg

xEPJ5.jpg

hlK2y.jpg

zjOTZ.jpg

Edited by Choze

Very nice the ps3 video doesnt look bad at all.

On the battlelog they have posted the top ten fixes they are addressing. Many of them fixed already.

I like the way it says 'optional'. What are the benefits of not installing it?

Xbox 360 retail releases aren't allowed to have mandatory installations, so that's probably the reason it's optional.

I think it's nice that there's a way around that rule.

Playing plenty of Caspian Border. Its a nice map but not as great as the top BF2 maps. Its comparable to Zatar Wetlands in design. The greenery means lots of hiding places as its so dense. Coupled with weakish vehicles its hard focusing on kills much. Top scorers likely tend to be purely teamwork and objective based.

One big issue in the beta is that Vehicles are very weak. It requires plenty of skill to get kills with them. Also vehicles unlocks make this more difficult as you unlock basic features like flares or smoke. Obvously the final game handles this different so I await to see how it is. Still having fun though but its not as good as say Gulf of Oman or Wake Island. .

I am using my Sony DS3 for Planes and Helicopters. Works great, though invert is messed up in the beta for Helis and Jets second stick, Luckily I can make tweaks on the unnoffical DS3 driver to do a seperate invert without messing up my mouse control. Its funny how 3rd party drivers are vastly better than official Windows controller software when issues like this occur ;)

Oh and many people seem confused about 'Post Processing AA'. Post AA is FXAA. So you can enable it without MSAA. It actually works better than 4x MSAA in this game which is insanely impressive and is less taxing! Nvidia have done very good with making FXAA. BF uses a more recent variant than say Deus Ex and looks more effective. It does work on tress and sharp 2D objects etc.

Tech wise the beta delivers already in many ways so it will nice to see how the final game looks with all effects and textures enabled. I will be running Capsian border first just to make comparisons and tweak my settings accordingly. Right now I am running in Medium/High settings at a frame rate of 50-60 fps - 1920 x 1200. I could run Operation Metro practically maxxed in comparison.

Haha. After unlocking stuff for vehicles, they seem much better now :)

Got heat seeking missiles for the jets and other goodies on ground vehicles. You just have to unlock them.

You have tons of unlocks for vehicles. Check Battlelog for the list. There are more ability unlocks per vehicle than guns in a single class...

Enjoying Caspian very much now. The flow is brilliant. Also there is little reason to just stand around. Its a shame the beta is stopping soon but I guess my addiction shall stop for a short time.:(

Xbox 360 retail releases aren't allowed to have mandatory installations, so that's probably the reason it's optional.

I think it's nice that there's a way around that rule.

Ahh I see Sir Luke. I agree it's definitely welcome. Is this really a reaction to the Beta? It didn't look great admittedly but I just figured that was because it was old code.

Haha. After unlocking stuff for vehicles, they seem much better now :)

Got heat seeking missiles for the jets and other goodies on ground vehicles. You just have to unlock them.

You have tons of unlocks for vehicles. Check Battlelog for the list. There are more ability unlocks per vehicle than guns in a single class...

Enjoying Caspian very much now. The flow is brilliant. Also there is little reason to just stand around. Its a shame the beta is stopping soon but I guess my addiction shall stop for a short time.:(

This is my only gripe with battlefield games, you get the good shit when you start ranking up, and this can be a put off for noobies.

Good news about the installation pack, be nice to see the differences with it on and off, to be honest I didn't think the beta looked that bad anyways.

This is my only gripe with battlefield games, you get the good shit when you start ranking up, and this can be a put off for noobies.

Good news about the installation pack, be nice to see the differences with it on and off, to be honest I didn't think the beta looked that bad anyways.

Thats a new thing since BC2 actually. Most BF games didnt have many unlocks. BC 2 introduced vehicle unlocks... Though it gives you more variety in the end i guess. I just find it odd that you start off with empty ability slots. Jets are dead meat without flares as an example.

Infantry is fine. There are no silly unlocks like grenades or running etc. Good thing is unlocks come thick and fast compared to BC2 or 2142.

Edited by Choze