NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

I understand that there will be the BF2-style radial menu in the final product. The spot system does seem to be tad finicky at the moment.

Anyway, I've been faffing around on the Battlelog system (itself in beta) and I've created and N-E platoon with a slightly hideous platoon logo that should probably be destroyed. Feel free to join (not sure how, I think you can "apply" somehow) so we can throw our stats together in a big pot and see what we look like. Apparently we'll be able to grab each other out of our Xbox/PSN friends lists for this sort of thing when the real deal comes out (I tried searching a few user names but nothing came up), so until then click below and good luck getting on if you even can. I think you'll need an EA/Origin login if you don't already.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2826550451867520302/

R3? That's crouch isn't it?

lol hold it down and you'll go prone.

I found you gaggle. looooooool.

Edited by James

PS, post what your username is when you apply is so I know it's you.

Oh it's Spazz Monk3y

Well it's not, it's Jamessan85 it turns out!

Edited by James

Playing the pc version on a new account. New I.D.

Good news. Its runs great. Nowhere near as resource intensive as people made it out to be. Most setting for me on Ultra at 1920x1200. Looks fine, runs smooth. Would love to try Caspian and 64 players. Just trying to get in lol.

I am finding it better on pc though there are still glitches. Including Vsync not working correctly resulting in lots of flickering like at Eurogamer. Same issue on consoles. Console gamers should be fine as the game is exactly the same based on Operation Metro. The feel of guns etc are also similar. PC version looks nicer but i would say the console versions are very nice too.

I know some people will say it doesnt look as good as other some games but consider the scale, destruction and all the extra things this engine does.

Use the back button on the 360, i presume it's select for ps3. not sure on PC

I don't know about BF3 specifically, but historically its been the 'Q' key on the PC.

Playing the pc version on a new account. New I.D.

Good news. Its runs great. Nowhere near as resource intensive as people made it out to be. Most setting for me on Ultra at 1920x1200. Looks fine, runs smooth. Would love to try Caspian and 64 players. Just trying to get in lol.

I am finding it better on pc though there are still glitches. Including Vsync not working correctly resulting in lots of flickering like at Eurogamer. Same issue on consoles. Console gamers should be fine as the game is exactly the same based on Operation Metro. The feel of guns etc are also similar. PC version looks nicer but i would say the console versions are very nice too.

I know some people will say it doesnt look as good as other some games but consider the scale, destruction and all the extra things this engine does.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your specs (primarily CPU, GPU, and RAM)? also, what frame rate are you getting? and if you happened to look, what was the PC download speed throttled to?

Running great but it crashes before the end of a round...

Sounds a lot like the MoH beta on the PS3...

Nice menus. Other than that... "Your connection to EA online was lost"

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Not again. I had enough of this shite with Bad Company 2! Why can't EA just use the same systems as everyone else?

Nice menus. Other than that... "Your connection to EA online was lost"

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Not again. I had enough of this shite with Bad Company 2! Why can't EA just use the same systems as everyone else?

Thats what i kept getting as well on the 360!

I just had a quick blast and i keep falling through the ground, wasn't happening before to me. Quite annoying.

Create/Convert EA Account > Download and Install Origin > Download and Install Battlefield 3 Beta > Download and Install Browser Plug In (WTF) > Download and Install New Graphics Driver

So what's next?

Create/Convert EA Account > Download and Install Origin > Download and Install Battlefield 3 Beta > Download and Install Browser Plug In (WTF) > Download and Install New Graphics Driver

So what's next?

HAHA. I got into a Caspian server. Was awesome. Classic Battlefield. Really laggy though. My pc performed ok.

The browser thing isnt too bad. Its better than EA's ingame stuff thats for sure.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your specs (primarily CPU, GPU, and RAM)? also, what frame rate are you getting? and if you happened to look, what was the PC download speed throttled to?

Sounds a lot like the MoH beta on the PS3...

Actually it was the server kicking everyone rather than a crash. Seems like a crash at first. You'll see but Battlelog is your PC UI too.

My pc specs are a measly q6600 (OCed). 7GB RAM. 560 Ti(Factory OCed) running at 1920x1200. Will try FRAPS but it feels like 40-60 most of the time on both maps. Lots of tearing. Quite surprised really. I would say the gfx card is what gives the biggest boost. My 560 Ti isnt that far off from the 570 due to the overclock.

A 580 would guarantee you 60fps and absolute max settings I imagine.

It seems to be running at a solid 30 FPS on ultra at 1920x1200 on my 1GB 460, it plays at a good speed with the auto settings though, and still looks good, so I think I'll hold out just fine until the 660s come out.

It seems to be running at a solid 30 FPS on ultra at 1920x1200 on my 1GB 460, it plays at a good speed with the auto settings though, and still looks good, so I think I'll hold out just fine until the 660s come out.

Yep. I think it doesnt apply all settings after a restart. I am pretty sure after a restart my pc stuttered randomly. So lowered settings further(restarted) and tried it out. It oculd have been a glitch. Will look into detail later.

Good news is that most settings just add distance. So higher detail further away in most cases.

Couple of finniky connection moments going on right now, tried to join Dr O D Dare's game invite and got stuck on the loading screen (I've got stuff I need to get on with anyway - sorry O). Only the one dropped game thus far, which I'm actually quite impressed by given the usual state of such things.

Edited by gaggle64

To get into Caspian just filter Caspian and join :p Good luck getting in.

Anyone else finding the graphics worse than BC2? (on consoles anyway)

Its an old build they have been using for previews etc. Not all effects and features are enabled or working correctly.

Technologically and gameplay wise its more advanced than BC2 by far. Not in the same ballpark at all. The gunplay has seen a big upgrade and the engine is doing many new things. I am enjoying it on PS3 too. The glitches are very similar. Looks fine to me.

Played this for one match on PS3.....i sucked 8 kills and 20 deaths, managed one disarm of a bomb and leveled up to the first rank. but still struggled to get into it, loved the vibe and atmosphere though, I do think I will give it some more time but not sure if I would put enough time into multiplayer due to not being good it.