NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

So i've been playing this for about an hour or so and it seems pretty good. Had some trouble learning how to crouch and go prone but i figured it out eventually. Running it on the PS3 for now and it looks pretty good.

So i've been playing this for about an hour or so and it seems pretty good. Had some trouble learning how to crouch and go prone but i figured it out eventually. Running it on the PS3 for now and it looks pretty good.

The crouch/prone thing really threw me when playing yesterday. So used to B being crouch/prone that it took a while to get used to clicking the right stick/holding it in to go prone. Hopefully that's customisable but it's not a terrible configuration.

Oh, it's a completely open Beta. I thought, as some people had invites, it was limited.

Oh, it's a completely open Beta. I thought, as some people had invites, it was limited.

The invites were for early access.

EA's origin store and downloads are a joke.

I am loving the shooting mechanics. Superb job DICE. Love the high bullet damage. This is the same as the eurogamer build seemingly which is old. Lots of glitches but I am hopeful for the final game. Main thing is that it is tons of fun.

Edited by Choze

Good to here it's a ton of fun, Hope the glitches are ironed out, i'm sure they will be.

Fantastic game if the Beta is anything to go by. The game is pretty gorgeous on the 360 despite a bit of texture pop-in and the like, but the lighting effects are marvelous. I can see why they chose Metro, the show inside the tunnel section with RPGs & tracers lighting up the dark is quite impressive. Not a patch on PC I'm sure but they've done a superb job translating it onto the 360. A very nice looking game.

Quick tip, don't try to be hard and turn the aim assist off like I did. It's barely noticeable in-action and clearly there to compensate the lack of pin-point mouse control, besides which everyone else will have it on anyway. You'll just end up spraying all over the place like a lunatic.

I've been playing the 360 version and it is indeed great but buggy to hell.

Weird visual glitches, sprinting doesnt work sometimes so you have to stop moving and then proceed to sprint, jumping over fences doesnt work in some places, cant get into games with friends, when lying down in some places you fall into the floor, you shouldnt be blinded by a torch outside (shit needs to be toned down, pain in the arse when team mates have torches) and it can be hard to tell friends from enemies.

Other than that though I'm having a blast.

Had a buggy match on PS3 with lots going wrong. Seems random.

Pc version has huge issues too. Havent even been able to start a game yet. Thats how bad it is.

It had to come out on the day I have 3 lectures and a tutorial. I should have set up some sort of screen sharing between my laptop and desktop so I could start the download between classes now.

For those who have already downloaded the PC version, how large is the download? What are EA's servers capped at?

Edit: Is the map located in Montparnasse in Paris?

Edited by Emasher

EA's origin stuff is so bad. So bad I cant play the game. How am i suppossed to fix this? Its thinks I dont have a pc account yet I am logged in? This is stupid.

Is it perhaps that you need to create a profile specifically for the game or something like that?

Is it perhaps that you need to create a profile specifically for the game or something like that?

You cant. Thats the problem.

EA for you.

Honestly, I've never had a problem with EA in that way. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Honestly, I've never had a problem with EA in that way. Is anyone else having similar problems?

The only fix seems to be creating a new Origin account. So i just made one. Problem is i have to download and reinstall again. This whole thing is just pure fail on behalf of EA. Its a huge shame i cant use my original profile with paid games on etc. There is plenty of history there and they cant seem to track my previous games correctly either.

You can go prone in this? How does one go about such a thing?

Right stick on the 360 and I'd assume the same for the PS3.

Gonna go back to the PS3 version for now while it downloads. 4gb download on PC.

I decided to try out the PC version as my PS3 and Xbox are now in boxes. Although the "Get Started" link in the email EA sent to me was to log in to the Battlelog...which you can't do without a BF3 account. Which you don't have without playing the beta. I managed to find where to download the beta from.

Although my EA account is apparently not yet an Origin account, but I can log into Origin with it.

Anybody know how you "spot" enemies in this?

as in call them out and stick a little red triangle over their heads?

I've tried every button imaginable >_<

Use the back button on the 360, i presume it's select for ps3. not sure on PC

Right stick on the 360 and I'd assume the same for the PS3.

R3? That's crouch isn't it?