NEurope
Choze

Battlefield 3

I'm buying the PC and the 360 version. How lame is that? I don't really want the 360 version, but most of my mates are picking it up on 360 so... lame.

Now look, we all know PC is what we'd alllllllllll be buying this here game for if we had the choice. That's going to the definitive version, with it's 64-player online and superior effects, hardware permitting and what not. But for some of us simple country folk that just ain't option, see? So I've been thinking, see what a lot of folks been thinking, is what it is and what it looks like on our simple country-farm Xbox 360s. And after a bit o' rustling I got bad news and good news. The bad news it ain't got a hair on the ol' PC version them fancy city folks be running on their Aleen-ware computers. The good news is, well...

... it still looks ripped as fuck.

[Alien]-ware computers

I don't think there are very many 12 year-olds on N-E these days.

As long as the core gameplay remains intact it could look like a N64 game for all I care. More destruction and larger environments and i'm sold.

I can't wait for this, I watched the operation guillotine gameplay trailer again today, god it looks good, where is my beta!!!

beta announced next week, 29th septemberrrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by James

Beat me to it, Sweet-like-Chocolate Boi, open beta on all platforms everywhere September 29th. It will feature the Operation Metro map previously seen in trailers (see below) with the Rush game mode. Can not wait.

Edited by gaggle64

Brilliant, very much looking forward to it. And thankfully, it's Rush mode and not TDM. With Gears out, hopefully that'll mop up those wanting kills and leave those wanting a proper team coop match on the beta, although I doubt it.

Quite late for the beta though, with only 4 weeks to go until release and 2 and a half or so once it finishes on October 10th so that's not a huge amount of time to tweak anything that needs sorting before print.

They've supposedly changed a lot from the PC Alpha in terms of balance. The Beta is likely more about network infrastructure, i.e. subverting the trend of Battlefield games' online portions being more or less broken at launch.

This is a demo not a beta at this stage. Game will be gold soon. They know exactly how much capacity they will have anyhow. Yesa, It will likely be a mess the first two weeks like any BF game.

The beta announcement is wholly dissapointing. Rush mode? What were they thinking. Conquest should have been included. 2 weeks isnt much to get out at this stage. At best minor tweaks. Given that this is EA expect flaws to be glossed over.

Also the pc game needs to be well optimised. According to DICE devs on twitter, to just match a console you need a very good pc. Some are even suggessting SLi for running ultra.... I hope they clear this up otherwise it will be one of the most overhyped pc dissapointments of all time. The trailers dont suggest that much horsepower required over consoles.

I don't get the beef people are having with the beta release, it's like they expect EA to give them the whole game for free because they announced it as a beta.

Rush mode is a whole lot more fun than conquest in my opinion, so I'm happy with that.

Rush mode is a whole lot more fun than conquest in my opinion, so I'm happy with that.

Conquest is Battlefield.

I was hoping Pc would have another great sequel after Deus Ex Human Revolution. Sadly BF doesnt seem like it will come close.

Edited by Choze

According to DICE devs on twitter, to just match a console you need a very good pc.

Recommended System Requirements:

Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM

Lol. Sure, ultra settings are going to require a nice card, but it should run fine on any recent card. I'll easily be able to get it looking better than the console versions on my 460 if the official recommended specs are anything to go by.

The worrying thing is more the fact that its supposed to take up 20GBs.

Edited by Emasher

The worrying thing is more the fact that its supposed to take up 20GBs.

Thats nothing. Hopefully it means the game assets, sound etc. are great. Will be interesting to see how sound compares with the PS3.

Thats nothing. Hopefully it means the game assets, sound etc. are great. Will be interesting to see how sound compares with the PS3.

Its MORE than DOUBLE the size of the average game. Do you even play PC games?

Edited by Emasher

Meh, every few years it jumps. I remember when C&C: Red Alert's 80MB seemed mental. Now 2TB hard drives can be picked up for £60, and looking back at this post in a few years will be laughable :)

It will likely be a mess the first two weeks like any BF game.

I'd forgotten about this. :weep: DICE games are always bloody awful for the first few weeks. Even BC2, which was in beta for a good while before release, was an utter mess at launch. I remember struggling to get online games, getting disconnected regularly, having PunkBuster throw fits at me every 5 minutes and all sorts of other shenanigans. I wonder if that's why they do single player now? Providing an ample distraction while they fix the online game?

I'd forgotten about this. :weep: DICE games are always bloody awful for the first few weeks. Even BC2, which was in beta for a good while before release, was an utter mess at launch. I remember struggling to get online games, getting disconnected regularly, having PunkBuster throw fits at me every 5 minutes and all sorts of other shenanigans. I wonder if that's why they do single player now? Providing an ample distraction while they fix the online game?

Main thing is the game hopefully is tons of fun. BF2 had tons of issues but we all kept coming back :p

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/09/22/battlefield-3-beta-dates-and-ps3-dlc-exclusivity-2/

Looks like the PS3 version gets some exclusives. Free BF 1943. 1 week advance dlc compared to other versions, including Back to Karkand expansion. All on one disk.

Meh, every few years it jumps. I remember when C&C: Red Alert's 80MB seemed mental. Now 2TB hard drives can be picked up for £60, and looking back at this post in a few years will be laughable :)

Those are green 2TB drives. Not good for gaming.

Thank Jesus I got a job, otherwise I'd have to beg/borrow/steal to get my hands on that level of awesome.

Assuming the Frostbite engine is still vaguely similar to the version used in Bad Company, I should warn any and all would-be-snipers I like to deal with you pesky sharpshooters in the most realistic manner - an RPG in your face followed by a hail of bullets. That, or a tank. Not a tank's main gun's round, but a tank. In your face. Try shooting me now you're camouflaged as jam, biatch.

Even better stick a tracer dart onto them and then bosh them with a RPG, no escape.

A good deal here I reckon - Battlefield 3: Limited Edition & 3 pack DKNY Boxers (PS3) (X360) - £35.98 also order something else and use the £5 off a £50 spend!

This deal is not pants!

960x200-Z-MD-BattlefieldOffer.jpg

£5 off £50 spend code : ZAVSEP50

So I'ver just ordered Battlefield 3 Limited Edition, 3 pack of DKNY Boxers and Dark Souls from Zavvi for £67.82.

A good deal here I reckon - Battlefield 3: Limited Edition & 3 pack DKNY Boxers (PS3) (X360) - £35.98 also order something else and use the £5 off a £50 spend!

This deal is not pants!

960x200-Z-MD-BattlefieldOffer.jpg

£5 off £50 spend code : ZAVSEP50

So I'ver just ordered Battlefield 3 Limited Edition, 3 pack of DKNY Boxers and Dark Souls from Zavvi for £67.82.

that deals actually not half bad at all.....

Strange deal. Buy 3 pairs of very expensive boxers and you can have Battlefield 3 for £18.