NEurope
Stocka

Final Fantasy Official Thread

So 12.5€ per game.

Will we see the individual digital versions at the same price? Or can we expect 14.99€ (or more?).

Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster -FF35th Anniversary Edition is a ridiculous name, but very fitting for a ridiculous franchise.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

So 12.5€ per game.

Will we see the individual digital versions at the same price? Or can we expect 14.99€ (or more?).

1-3 are €10 and 4-5 €15 (prices are rough conversions from GBP) on Steam so 12.5 is about right as an average. 

• Haha 1

If you're going for the physical edition, you'll wanna be snappy about it.

Also, the font is still awful. Bleh!

28 minutes ago, Ashley said:

1-3 are €10 and 4-5 €15 (prices are rough conversions from GBP) on Steam

Good to know. Thanks.
Cheap PSN credit (and maybe waiting for a sale) will be the way to go, then :D 

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you're going for the physical edition, you'll wanna be snappy about it.

Also, the font is still awful. Bleh!

And your only shipping options are like $25 and $30!

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And your only shipping options are like $25 and $30!

Apparently shipping is free in the UK/EU store. Not checked myself though.

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently shipping is free in the UK/EU store.

Ordered a copy, no shipping costs.

24 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Cheap PSN credit (and maybe waiting for a sale) will be the way to go, then :D 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Only the Collectors Edition available on the UK store. Not paying £225 for them.

Maybe this helps?
Never mind, it's sold out. I thought you meant that the regular version wasn't available at all.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

happy-crying.gif

It's beautiful! Think the last few months have seen a surprising amount of what I want to be remastered officially be announced (like Suikoden!), a good end to a weird year! 

38 minutes ago, Ike said:

Edit: As in the standard edition is sold out.

Out of curiosity, did anyone here actually manage to secure the standard edition from the UK store when they went up? I've looked around and I'm seeing a lot about successful pre-orders for the US and EU stores, but not the UK. 

I ask because I was on pretty soon after they went up, with the only way to get the page up for the standard edition via the site itself was by going to the Collector's Edition page and then changing the edition, and they were already listed 'No longer available'. I'm wondering if they've managed to goof up the standard edition pre-orders on the UK side, because Gilgamesh knows they've done it before (I remember the VII Remake OST CE being listed as sold out on the UK store for a few days before it could be pre-ordered a couple of years ago). 

copium.gif

Worst case I'll just wait for someone to throw it on eBay, but the fact that it's not on eBay yet does give me a little more hope :laughing:

I've got to say, I do find the way S-E have handled this a little odd, though: very little fanfare for what should be a premier collection (and with a CE too, and despite TGAs being a prime opportunity to announce this just over a week ago), especially considering the notice they gave for XVI's CE (which is also hysterically priced). Can't help but wonder if some changes to plans this quarter, like Forspoken slipping into next year and only really having a collection of smaller titles, made this Q4 look a little rough for them, hence throwing these out haphazardly before the year ends? It's the only reason I can think of that might explain such a strange approach.

The other being that this is S-E...so, uh, S-E gotta S-E :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Square Enix will be keeping us in our toes and making us dance: by the looks of things, the physical editions (both Standard and Collector's) for the Pixel Remaster Collection will be going back and forth between states of being in and out of stock. 

Because of course they are; of course if they were going to finally release this it would be like this :nono:

• Sad 1

It's ridiculous. They knew there was a demand for this and yet they do this. No idea why they dont do what the likes of Limited Run do where they announce preorders, keep them open for a set time and then close them. That way you give people a chance to get an order in and they only make what they need. Or they could just do the sensible thing and give it a general release. They will happily release Balan Wonderworld and Babylon's Fall but not this! 

Why you all foaming at the gills for this? These games have been released a thousand times already.

4 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Why you all foaming at the gills for this? These games have been released a thousand times already.

Because its a shoddy way of releasing a physical product. Plus, these haven't been released on a modern console and it will be nice to finally have Final Fantasy I-X all on one console for a change.

I look forward to playing a good version of FFV. I've only played the PSOne version.

• Like 1

Because its a shoddy way of releasing a physical product. Plus, these haven't been released on a modern console and it will be nice to finally have Final Fantasy I-X all on one console for a change.
I look forward to playing a good version of FFV. I've only played the PSOne version.

In that case you're in for a treat. Those PS1 versions with all that loading (including just opening the menu) were horrendous. I played most of these on PC back in the day, but I also got FFVI on GBA which was excellent.

2 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

In that case you're in for a treat. Those PS1 versions with all that loading (including just opening the menu) were horrendous. I played most of these on PC back in the day, but I also got FFVI on GBA which was excellent.

Yeah, I've only played FFVI on the PSOne as well. The loading times between battles...:cry:

• Like 1

So, to folks who actually played FF3 on the DS (or Steam): would you say the Pixel Remaster is a better way to experience the game? The 3D remake looks nice and all, but it feels they added a lot of dialogue/story into a game that never had (nor apparently needed) one, so I get a bit wary. The Pixel Remaster at least seems to retain the original's pace and focus.

So, what would you say is likely to be the best version of FFIII?

20 hours ago, Jonnas said:

So, what would you say is likely to be the best version of FFIII?

I've played both.

Get Pixel Remaster. The DS version, much like FF4 DS, has had it's difficulty bumped up to comical levels, that, and the fact that you're punished for switching jobs in the 3D one makes it an easy choice.

Pixel Remaster also has the better soundtrack arrangement.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

On 20/12/2022 at 8:12 PM, Julius said:

Square Enix will be keeping us in our toes and making us dance: by the looks of things, the physical editions (both Standard and Collector's) for the Pixel Remaster Collection will be going back and forth between states of being in and out of stock. 

I don't know why you're surprised. Final Fantasy is known for its random encounters. 

• Haha 5

On 21/12/2022 at 9:03 PM, Glen-i said:

I've played both.

Get Pixel Remaster. The DS version, much like FF4 DS, has had it's difficulty bumped up to comical levels, that, and the fact that you're punished for switching jobs in the 3D one makes it an easy choice.

Pixel Remaster also has the better soundtrack arrangement.

Hm, I actually like challenge. And I didn't know about punishing job changes, it does sound like an interesting limiter.

Might end up getting both at some point, then. The changes do make FFIII DS sound like a completely new game. Though to experience the original, Pixel Remaster sounds ideal.

Thank you :)

29 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Hm, I actually like challenge. And I didn't know about punishing job changes, it does sound like an interesting limiter.

Interesting in that you have to fight a number of battles with stat downgrades whenever you swap jobs. Which is a problem when the game is all about changing your job layout to accomodate a dungeon/boss.

• Thanks 1

The Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Collection's Asian English language version is available via PlayAsia:

I've stuck a pre-order in for a physical Switch copy for now on the off-chance Square Enix continue to be stupid and don't make more copies available through their store :nono:

A heads-up for anyone who hasn't been able to get a physical pre-order in for the Pixel Remaster Collection, there are now waiting lists available to sign up to via the Square Enix Store (link is UK) to receive an email when copies are available. I've put my email down for a physical copy of the Switch version :peace:

Whether that means more stock at launch is unclear, because apparently an email went out in error earlier today advising that payments would be taken 31st March, which has since apparently been corrected to 31st May. 

The PS4 & Switch versions are upgraded over the PC releases...

NOW FEATURING A (ugly) PIXEL FONT! (it's better than nothing)

The opening credits for FF6 have been restored! You can now select the original BGM! (not quite sure why you would, when half the reason to even own the Pixel Remaster versions is for the redone OST) You can now adjust EXP drops/encounter rates/gil drops Bravely Default style!  And you can still walk diagonally! (and it's still just as super wrong as before!)

Comes out April 19th on Switch and PS4.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1