NEurope
Stocka

Final Fantasy Official Thread

Yay, completed final fantasy 1 today on the GBA.

In fairness, it's a pretty crap game. Barely a storyline in it, and it was mainly dungeon trudge, random battles, buy new equipment for the whole 25 plus hours of gameplay. Also, it was very easy, never had to do a levelling up spree and I beat the final boss on second attempt.

I hope Final Fantasy 2 is better. Is it?

That should be advert it makes it look really good.I hate those adverts on Channel Four with the people and the huge DS lite.

In my opinion, adverts like that should be banned.

I'm surprised Square STILL get away with that.

Agreed.

To show some pre-rendered videos is ok but there should be in-game footage too and maybe even a notice what is what. Such things can confuse the uninformed consumer.

When PS2 launched I also saw an ad for FF and at first I thought these was ingame but when I saw it a second time I realized it wasn't.

Yay, completed final fantasy 1 today on the GBA.

In fairness, it's a pretty crap game. Barely a storyline in it, and it was mainly dungeon trudge, random battles, buy new equipment for the whole 25 plus hours of gameplay. Also, it was very easy, never had to do a levelling up spree and I beat the final boss on second attempt.

I hope Final Fantasy 2 is better. Is it?

Number 2 is very different, try the system. Many people dont like it, im not a fan of 2's battle system either.

It does have a full story to it, number 1 was a half arsed poem to me. I liked number one, I completed it the other night and im going through soul of chaos dungeons, which have enemies from other final fantasys.

This brought tears to my eyes

It seems more or less everything is kept as the original. I've heard some say online that they should've done more for graphics and music quality, but anything like that would've taken away the original from this remake.

I can't wait!

That looked really nice,if only we had information about how online will work.Great find.

YES!!!!

bloody gorgeous!!!

love your new avatar too HoT!

im rocking in anticipation of FF3 now grrrrrrrrr.

Final Fantasy III has been announced for a US release on Nov 14th 2006

Final Fantasy V has been announced for a US release on Nov 6th 2006

That is all.

The release date for Final Fantasy V was announced a while ago, but I dont think any one took notice of it, thanks hero!

Ah shit, First September 12th, then October at some point, now November 14th? This is gonna be a long wait, Im hoping Atlus's contact can keep me occupied. Im getting III first, im majorly hyped for it, I might miss V as it never really appealed to me, then again none of the final fantasies did at first so meh.

Currently a chunk into Final Fantasy II, I fully understand the battle system now and its great, seems more MMO like. But it does make more sense than the traditional levelling up, like after all your gonna be shit using something you havent used before, therefore your gonna have to train with it to get a better ability of using it.

In my opinion, adverts like that should be banned.

I'm surprised Square STILL get away with that.

sony used to do that with gran turismo 2 on ps1.even on the back of the box it showed fmvs.Very annoying,Show the graphics of the actual game they are good as it is

Does anyone know what the Online is like yet and what modes there are?

You can send mail to friend like the mail system in Crystal chronicles.. pretty useless imo

I'm going to predict either December 2006/Q1 2007 for FFIII. Shame, I wanted it for Xmas.

You can send mail to friend like the mail system in Crystal chronicles.. pretty useless imo

Is that it? I was hoping to meet up with a friend and take on some monsters or something...

How about they make a little arena where you can battle other people. 10 people in the arena at one time, last man standing gets money to buy stuff in game.

Got this from Gonintendo:

The total sales of Final Fantasy III on just it’s first day equals roughly 309,000 units sold. The special edition Final Fantasy III package (FFIII/DS Lite) have completely sold out, and are nowhere to be found. First day sales of Final Fantasy III have wiped out 68% of total supplies in stories. By now, all supplies are most likely nearly depleted, if not vanished completely.

Wow,just wow...

Final Fantasy Tops Half Million

DS remake a big hit overseas.

August 29, 2006 - Japan's biggest game is, once again, Final Fantasy. According to a report on the entertainment page of Japan's Mainichi Interactive news site, Square Enix's Final Fantasy III topped the 500,000 mark in its first week of sales. The title was released for the DS on 8/24.

The site reports that Square Enix was originally expecting first week sales to cap off at 350,000 units.

Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/728/728959p1.html

US version for me!

same here. waiting for a european FF release date especially one that hasnt been translated before is gunna take the pish, i mean America geta FF XII this year we prob wont get it till summer next year :(