NEurope
Stocka

Final Fantasy Official Thread

I got a request for this to be done, and I think its a good idea so keep all discussion about the Final Fantasy games on GBA & DS in here.

Final Fantasy III

Release date: 'Early 2006' in Japan

Platform: DS

ff3new.jpg

Finalfantasy3.jpg

Square Enix's Hiromichi Tanaka stated that the story, gameplay and characters are also to have a drastic makeover. The Executive Producer of this remake, and one of the original team members on the Famicom version, pointed out that the original was far beyond its time when released and it is hoped the same highs can be achieved with this DS update.

Thus, rather than the original four nameless characters that all looked alike, this time each will have developed personalities, appearances and styles that work into the expanded storyline even better. In addition, the job system is being tweaked to provide gamers with greater choice in the various class groups as they play through the title.

But again, there is more - Tanaka plans to make good use of the unique features of the Nintendo DS with the option of playing through to the end using only the touch-screen if you desire and wireless bonuses for side quests.

ff3nes.jpg

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Release date: Already out in US, European date is 'Early 2006'

Platform: GBA

929937_70127.jpg

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929937.asp

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/771/771903/vids_1.html

Gamespot: Final Fantasy IV, arguably the breakthrough entry in the influential series, is a perfect fit for the Game Boy Advance and is a must-play experience for fans of role-playing games.

4495420051105_154503_0_big.jpg

Final Fantasy V

Release date: Unknown

Will include extra features over Super Nintendo counterpart. No other details are known, but 2006 release is expected.

Final Fantasy VI

Will include extra features over Super Nintendo counterpart. No other details are known, but 2006 release is expected.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Platform: DS

No details known.

Feel free to also talk about the other GBA Final Fantasys here, and as soon as there's any news on III,V,VI or Crystal Chronicles, make sure you post it here rather than make a new thread :smile:

There's also the slight chance that rumour of FFVII coming to DS could turn out true :wink:

FF 3 looks really good. wonder what the newer screens would look like seen as though those are pretty old now. this'll be added to my list of many games to get

cant wait. if it is early 2006 japan. europe wont get it till end of 2006. i really think it will be an awesome game on the ds.

I love the Crystal Chorincles look of Final Fantasy III. I´ve never tried the original NES game so I´m definitely looking forward to this and I quess I´ll end up buying the portable versions of IV, V and VI too... VI is my 2nd best RPG of all time (after Skies of Arcadia) and portable version should be heaven... :love:

And Stocka, Crystal Chronicles is still coming for DS and Revolution. We know nothing about them but they´re still coming. :wink:

I love the Crystal Chorincles look of Final Fantasy III. I´ve never tried the original NES game so I´m definitely looking forward to this and I quess I´ll end up buying the portable versions of IV, V and VI too... VI is my 2nd best RPG of all time (after Skies of Arcadia) and portable version should be heaven... :love:

And Stocka, Crystal Chronicles is still coming for DS and Revolution. We know nothing about them but they´re still coming. :wink:

I know, I didn't say it wasn't coming

Feel free to also talk about the other GBA Final Fantasys here, and as soon as there's any news on III,V,VI or Crystal Chronicles, make sure you post it here rather than make a new thread :smile:

As soon as there's any information or screens i'll have it all up don't worry :smile:

Oh and good man for saying SoA is your favourite RPG of all time :D

Good idea, the series definately deserves its own thread.

I urge everybody to pick up Final Fantasy VI if you havent ever played it before. Its the best and most balanced rpg in the series and one of the best games ever, period. Its a shame it doesnt get a 3D remake, but then again, it really doesnt need it.

I know, I didn't say it wasn't coming

As soon as there's any information or screens i'll have it all up don't worry :smile:

Oh, I didn´t see you mentioned CC. :hmm: Silly me...

And yep, I just had to had mention SoA. ;)

Nice thread. FF3 looks very nice, yes. I also think that FF CC could be fun on the DS. The multiplayer didn't work that well on the Gamecube. Oh, and because everyone mentions Skies all the time, I love the game too. I'm looking for another happy adventure / explore RPG like that one.

I'm glad to see that FF3 will have a bit more fleshed out story than what I can remember seeing in 8 bit RPG games.

FF is one of my avourite games series and I cant wait to sample number 3 on the DS. I wish they would remake number 8 as thats the best IMO.

yeah but they do say subject to change they had mario kart originally down for may.

Well its a rough idea for us anyway.

Gamespot Have a video review up now

Though it is getting better reviews than Dawn of Souls, Tactics Advance had better reviews but time will tell :DGameRankings

Number 8 wasn't the best... I heard one of the best was the last one in Japan before number 7 (number 6)

Number 8 was filled with emotion and you actually cared what happened to the characters. FF6 had too many people to control and there were only a handful which had a decent backstory. The ending for number 8 aswell as the into is one of the best in a videogame. I also didnt see what the big deal was about Kefka. This guy was suppsoed to be an awesome badguy but instead just turned out to be a cross-dressing idiot, although he did manage to....

destroy most of the world so i give him a little respect for that.

Yesterday I bought Final Fantasy I+II for GBA and I must say so far I'm really loving it. The graphics are better than expected but I think everything is a bit too small so it's sometimes a bit unpleasant for the eyes. Still a very wonderful game.

Number 8 was filled with emotion and you actually cared what happened to the characters. FF6 had too many people to control and there were only a handful which had a decent backstory. The ending for number 8 aswell as the into is one of the best in a videogame.

True, although I felt Selphie wasn't really developed that much and IMO FF8 has the worst battle magic system. I absolutely despised sitting in battles for 10 minutes trying to draw 100 doubles or curas

So far, I have played I + II on the GBA, V and VI on the SNES and Crystal Chronicles. Being a huge Secret of Mana fan I have to admit that I prefer the real-time battles in CC to the turn-based ones in the main-series. I have not gotten very far in I + II, but I find the lack of a really compelling story very tiresome.

Yesterday I bought Final Fantasy I+II for GBA and I must say so far I'm really loving it. The graphics are better than expected but I think everything is a bit too small so it's sometimes a bit unpleasant for the eyes. Still a very wonderful game.

Cool, I have never played a FF (yes...shock...etc... :indeed: ) but I'm thinking of starting to, and I might buy FFI+II when I see it cheap to start, or just before FFIII comes out.

Cool, I have never played a FF (yes...shock...etc... :indeed: ) but I'm thinking of starting to, and I might buy FFI+II when I see it cheap to start, or just before FFIII comes out.

I've just ordered Dawn of Souls off Play for 17.99 which is the cheapest i've seen it at.

Yeah Ive got the first two for GBA but Ive lost interest for the minute with it cos of doing and playing other stuff.

I will however have to get em sorted before the third one and the rest are available, busy RPGing times ahead my children.