NEurope
Stocka

Final Fantasy Official Thread

Just started playing FFIII the other day and im loving it. Just got to the part where I can now pick my first Job Classes, anyone got any recommendations?

oo ooo ooo i got to that bit today! lol 2 hour train journey spent playing FF III :D

I wanna know more about FFT for the DS! Why are they keeping so quiet :( I've racked up about 85 hours on FFTA, what a masterpiece.

If the PSP redesign goes well then it may just tip me over the edge for buying one. The thought of portable Final Fantasy VII-IX excites me greatly.

Totally loving FF3 at the moment. With it being a classic style FF game I get to walk around loads and just level up, its great way to spend my time while im at work on my break. Have to say I think Ingus is the best character in the game so far.

How goes it Hero? I'm looking forward to FFIII being released over here, it should be a good one!

In preparation I've been replaying FFII (a great wee game) and once again I've missed the opportunity to get the Blood Sword - Excalibur will have to do the trick... well as long as I remember to get it, haha.

I skimmed a few FAQs on it and there doesnt seem to be a big lot I've been missing out on (except that Blood Sword that apparently makes the final battle a piece o' cake).

I'm definitely looking forward to playing the third in the series, its been a long time in coming, but its almost here! :yay:

I was playing on it this morning but I got a beat down off the Salamander boss so now im just boosting my levels and Job skills higher so I can get some payback.

The Emperor:

"You have braved the bowels of Hell to reach me. But the hand of man, which deals justice and forsaken love, can never hope to defeat the lord master of Hell!"

Fighting talk from the big chief. Lets do this.

Aah, victory. I'm yet to get the best from the greatest spells in that game (Ultima, Flare and Holy) but even so, with good use of other spells and Guy being alot more effective/ strong than I ever expected with his dual axes (not to mention good use of Elixers by me!) and we were victorious.

Cant you hear the credits rolling? Sends a shiver up your spine doesnt it. :smile:

back with the FF3 in a BIG way! its so easy to play and so fun :D

back with the FF3 in a BIG way! its so easy to play and so fun :D

I got 2 of the 4 crystals and then stopped playing it for Pokemon Ranger. Like you say though it is great for just picking up and raising your level abit here and there.

Sounds promising guys, not long now til it finally comes out over here... I'll have to start looking around for a good deal on ordering it. :wink:

I got this game yesterday and been putting in the hours but there are some big gripes I have with it so far.

Not reading the manual, i did not know i could only save on the map. i ended going into an area where i could not win with my current status and indeed i got killed without a save. lost 1hr 30 mins of game. It should have promted to save after fisrt getting on to the map.

2nd major gripe, is it's possible to get to a part of the game and not being able to progress because something you did not do. The part where you have to shrink, you need one of your characters to be a white mage and must have MP points otherwise past the dragon you can't progress, and you can't go back.

Luckily I had a save point before that so could go back, but this is seriously pissing me off that it could even happen. I wonder if i might get stuck again. Also, why can't you reset the game without switching it off?

just read a review on Gamecentral of FFIII on DS...

It got 4/10. Ouch.

just read a review on Gamecentral of FFIII on DS...

It got 4/10. Ouch.

Yeah I read that when I got up this morning. Having played the game myself they do have alot of good points, especially about the saving system and the lack of a decent storyline. Its still a decent game just not a good FF if that makes any sense.

so it begs the question why did they pick this one for a 3D overhaul...

Because it had never been realeased out here so they probably thought more people would be intrestered.

Because it had never been realeased out here so they probably thought more people would be intrestered.

yeah but they could have picked another one instead of FF3 which clearly has faults like lack of a decent storyline.

I started playing FF3 few days ago and it's brilliantly old skool. I must say some element of this must be nostalgia, but it's more than that. It has made me acknowledge how accomplished it was. FF3 is what started the whole FF thing. Without FF3, there wouldn't be FF now. I think that doesn't sink into some people and that's a shame.

One of my main grips with FFIII is the job system. Its great when you start off but eventually you get bogged down with too many jobs and if you end up picking the wrong one it costs you later on in the game.

That is true Hero-of-Time. Old school RPG's problem is precisely that trial-and-error tendency.

I played the original NES FF3 like a madman (madboy rather) and I recall that the end game works well enough with any combo so long as there is sufficient healing and the party isn't too one sided. Some sections of the plot is meant to be played with certain class (like vs Garuda), but I found that to be the only diversion.

I don't now if that remains to be the same in DS version. I haven't got that far yet.

Am I the first person to notice this Reggie referance in FF3?

When you're in the Viking's Crove, in a hidden away section (where you can find a Viking's Axe and 3000 Gil, there's a viking which says "If you're not in the know, the Nepto Temple up north is where the Nepto Dragon used to Sleep. That big earthquake, though... It must've shaken it up good, because that dragon sure is ready to kick you-know-whats and take names.

:laughing:

Finally started to play FFIII again after finding out a nice and easy, although tedious, way to level up your Jobs.

Thats a nice spot triforcemario! Reminds me of the reference to Link and the Legend of Zelda that they put in FF 1.

As for Hero-of-Time, are you having bother getting through the game? Werent you ready for some levelling up tedium? I find those earlier games to be like that where the newer and more recent ones dont seem as much to be. I thought you were a bit of an RPG fan, man, perservere through it! :)

P.S. Has anyone seen these babies?

pi_18679.jpeg

Could be worth a buy? :hehe:

As for Hero-of-Time, are you having bother getting through the game? Werent you ready for some levelling up tedium? I find those earlier games to be like that where the newer and more recent ones dont seem as much to be. I thought you were a bit of an RPG fan, man, perservere through it! :)

I love a good RPG but the fact is that this game hasnt aged very well. Sure they have gave the games graphics a makeover but the story is pretty much non exsistent and the fact that you cant save in a dungeon on a handheld system is just stupid.

Im on raising my job levels at the moment but in order to get max HP in the game I have to try and keep my levels as low as possible until I can get the Blackbelt job class. If I raise them too much then I will miss out on get max HP which would annoy the hell out of me as I like to do RPGs 100%

I just got the 3rd Crystal yesterday so just 1 more to go now. Things are getting pretty tough what with me having a low levelled team but Im sure I will manage somehow....

Well, I've just unlocked the Dark Knight Job, and the Castle Guy in your party (I called him Steven) is dishing out 1000+ attack per enemy per turn :)

Doesn't mean I stop getting killed. I've just traversed to the other world..