NEurope
Stocka

Final Fantasy Official Thread

FF I - XIII collection on PS4?

Would buy! :D

Despite already owning the earlier games digitally... a few times over. :blank:

Or maybe just... FF I - IX thinking about it because I already have the X & X2 remaster, then XII remaster is coming out.

So how about, Final Fantasy pre-millenium collection containing 1 through to 9...

Then just have a Final Fantasy 13 remaster containing all three titles...

THEN release the big box set at the end of it all for those who want the lot and haven't already bought the remasters. : peace:

Besides, I'm trying to only have PS4 games in my collection which fit in standard size cases so no huge bespoke blu-ray case please Sony, anyway... most of the earlier games will be able to fit on one Blu-Ray surely? ;)

It's nice to have options...

It would be absolutely fantastic if a collection was released!

Theres still the rumour that an aniversary collection will be released on PS4 this year with 1-13 (I assume they'll exclude the MMOs). I hope that does happen as I'd love to own them all in one place.

I would love for this to happen! I got the chance to play a few FF games here and there but haven't played anything from VI onwards. Would day one this!

I'd kill for an updated FFXI, just the original MMO with updated graphics, just the vanilla game! It has the best story of any game ever.

I'd kill for an updated FFXI, just the original MMO with updated graphics, just the vanilla game! It has the best story of any game ever.

Dunno if the graphics are updated, but they have FINAL FANTASY® XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition on Steam for £25

"Includes 5 expansion packs: Rise of the Zilart®, Chains of Promathia®, Treasures of Aht Urhgan®, Wings of the Goddess®, and Seekers of Adoulin®.

Includes 3 add-on scenarios: A Crystalline Prophecy®, A Moogle Kupo d’Etat®, and A Shantotto Ascension®.

Includes 3 battle add-ons: Vision of Abyssea®, Scars of Abyssea®, and Heroes of Abyssea®.

The Seekers Edition also comes with a code for the exclusive Chocobo Shirt and the Destrier Beret ingame items!"

Yeah. I updated graphics, it's the same game that released in 2003. I have that on PC but don't play anymore :(

Kim Justice has made a video about the first disc of Final Fantasy VIII.

I watched it last night and it was quite funny how our opinions differ on certain things. I disagree with a lot of what he says but it was still a fun watch.

One of my biggest disagreements has to be the way he talks about Squall being a shoddy leader. Well, yeah, he never really wanted the responsibility. He hated that everyone relied on him and preferred that he was left alone. He didn't want anyone getting close to him and being in charge was completely out of his comfort zone.

The scene where Squall carries Rinoa is one of my favourites of the game and it shows just how Squall changed throughout the adventure.

squall_and_rinoa_by_konachan_by_mowblack-d93bztq.jpg

I wonder if Kim's opinion will change once he reaches the end?

I see he's done a Final Fantasy VII video as well. I may give this a watch, although it's around 3 hours long so i'll have to do it in bursts.

I've been in the mood to play my Vita again today so I think I might get around to playing FFVIII finally. I started it years ago but didn't get very far at all. I'm playing 14 as well at the moment but the fact it's an MMO should keep it from getting confusing!

So I've just started Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (Never played any version of it before) and I know I usually wait until I'm finished to give my thoughts.

I do have one very important question though.

Why does Yuna talk like she is constantly drunk?

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

So I've just started Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (Never played any version of it before) and I know I usually wait until I'm finished to give my thoughts.

I do have one very important question though.

Why does Yuna talk like she is constantly drunk?

I like to think she was just hammered throughout the entire game.

• Like 1

Good work by, Damiani. I was completely unaware that this existed. I thought they were going to go on about the theory of bringing Aeris back to life.

• Like 4

I'd forgotten about this thread. Think I'll move my discussion on trying to build a FF collection in here as well so it doesn't flood the Retro thread.

After ordering the Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive Volume 2 yesterday I also went and ordered 2 replacement boxes for my NTSC SNES versions of FF 2 & 3. If the quality is good then I might use the same guy for the rest of my SNES collection as it'd be nice to actually get them on display like my Mega Drive ones.

Won auctions for FFXI, FFXIII & FFXIV this afternoon so I'm managing to get the cheap one pretty quickly.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Which version of XIII? PS3?

Yeah. Sticking with Playstation for the newer titles if possible. XI is PC at the moment.

• Like 1

Just FFXIII-2 to add to the list today. Looking forward to the retro video game markets reopening at some point so I can search for some deals on the rarer titles.

Posted in the bought thread but figured I’d put it here as well. Doing ok so far with the collection. Will probably take a break eBaying for now until Feb.

Ol1oSXe.jpg

• Like 3

With @darksnowman making the Saga thread, I was inspired to give Final Fantasy II another go. I tried playing it a fair few years back now on the PSP and dropped it pretty quickly due to the levelling system. This time I decided to read a bit about the game, how the systems work and also watched a couple of videos about it. I'm playing it on the Vita this time around.

I'm about 10 hours into the game and the only progress I've made in terms of the narrative is to pick up Scott's ring....which takes about 5 mins. All my time has been used grinding my party, getting spells that I shouldn't have yet and generally becoming very OP. So far I've got my shield stat maxed at 16 and the sword stat isn't too far behind either. My spells are coming along nicely as well, with Teleport and Toad both hitting level 12. I wanna try and get them to level 16 before moving on. Apparently both are ridiculously broken when at max level.

I've been grinding my stats at the very bottom of the starting area. For some reason at the very tip of this place the enemies that spawn are from an area below it, which you don't visit until later in the game. It's been great because Black Flans appear there which are immune to the spells I'm using and very resistant to physical attacks. This means I can level up my spells and swords quite quickly by fighting them.

My stats as they are right now are pretty OP already. My evasion is so high that I barely get hit and Teleport and Toad wipe out enemies in an instant. I've put in the leg work early on and I just hope I don't drop the game again after putting in all this effort. :p 

The grinding sessions have been hilarious. I've also been grinding kills Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory at the same time as this. In one hand I had my Vita and was holding the X button down to constantly attack and in my other hand I had my PS4 controller and was hitting R1 in time to the music thanks to the one button mode. My enjoyment of grinding in games just went to another level with this set up. :D 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm playing it on the Vita this time around.

Jeremy-Renners-Goofy-Stare-In-Love.gif

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The grinding sessions have been hilarious. I've also been grinding kills Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory at the same time as this. In one hand I had my Vita and was holding the X button down to constantly attack and in my other hand I had my PS4 controller and was hitting R1 in time to the music thanks to the one button mode. My enjoyment of grinding in games just went to another level with this set up. :D 

AromaticScentedBarnacle-small.gif

You're a madman :D 

• Haha 1

I think FFII, XI and XII are probably the only FF games I've never actually played. Barely completed any of them of course but I've at least put them on.

Glad to see you giving it another whirl, @Hero-of-Time! What a nice surprise. SaGa doesn't allow you to whale on your own party or anything like that, so don't be too put off... that perhaps it can't be broken as much as you are currently snapping FF II in half. :eek: Let's see if you still have this thirst for the grind when you get the late-game spells!

Does PSP/ Vita have a rerelease of FF II like it got for FF I?

Me, I really enjoyed FF II when I played it on the Dawn of Souls collection. I love to see how they went from FF to FF II--with the engaging story and keywords, party members who are actual characters, the revolving fourth party member slot, and the change up in levelling system is good on paper, but they just didn't pull it off in practise. I played through it at least twice because after the first time, I was just too weak to tackle the bonus content. :o As I remember, you're started off with a character I hadn't levelled much at all during the main game which left me snookered!

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Does PSP/ Vita have a rerelease of FF II like it got for FF I?

Yeah, it got a revamped version of the game.

The Vita is a beast of FF machine. You get FFI-FFX-2 all on the one device.

• Thanks 1

I put a little more time into Final Fantasy II yesterday evening and decided to move the story along a bit. I completed a couple of dungeons and thanks to the early leg work I put in to grinding, it meant I decimated every enemy and boss that I've encountered. The bosses were dying in a single hit. Lovely stuff.

So far, I've had three different 4th party members show up and then leave. Seeing as I probably won't be bothering with the post-game content, it means I dont have to faff on and also level up these characters. At this point they've just been along for the ride.

The last place I visited was the Dreadnaught, with me throwing fire into the engines and blowing the thing sky high. I'll probably put a little more time into the game during my lunch break and this evening as I'm eager to keep moving the story forward.

I have noticed just how frequent the random encounters are and just how many of these battles start with enemies ambushing you. It's not an issue due to how OP  my party is but had that not been the case I could see it becoming a bit annoying.

• Like 2