NEurope
chairdriver

Rate A Song

^ WAY too oversung.

P.S This thread is awful since no one ACTUALLY rates anything.

^ WAY too oversung.

P.S This thread is awful since no one ACTUALLY rates anything.

I mentioned this earlier.

What is this thread? With the exception of the first reply there's no rating going on.

Agreed... let's start again!

Here's a great to rate...

You just did what everybody else did, you should have rated something if you wanted to start again :p

Rate your songs, bitches.

What's the point in rating your own songs? Surely it would make more sense to rate other peoples.

I was preparing for a stunning female vocal but then there was just piano. Still, I like it, may learn it if I find a sheet

Yeah, that might have been nice but I've played it a few (Read: hundreds) times now and it's pretty dreamy without.

PJ Harvey - The Words That Maketh Murder

Lately I can't get enough of the album Let England Shake by PJ Harvey but in particular this track because it speaks or rather screams to me in such a moving way that no other artist can convey.

The track is perfectly put together, gathering pace and momentum from the start and maintaining it throughout, around halfway the beautiful backing vocals arrive, staying for the duration and enhancing the song further and building up a masterful melody when the two vocals are mixed.

Suddenly I'm taken to a dark place, far beyond my imagination... and I like it... not the place, because it conjures up strong images of somewhere I wouldn't want to be but it's the fact that I'm taken there in my mind, partially against my will that I applaud, because no other artist has the power to do so in quite the same way but Peej manages it effortlessly.

'These, these, these are the words... the words that maketh murder'

Yes they are, and they stun me so...

9/10

Edited by S.C.G

Definitely a standout on the latest album. *grooves to the really depressing lyrics but jovial tune*

--

Opening track to her brilliant self-titled (and last :( ) album. She's very well-respected among those "in the know", but I'm scared she'll just be forgotten one day. When Timbaland's production was genuinely interesting and unusual. Plus her famously normal but aways great voice.

I love most that this song never actually reaches a resolution (literally or figuratively). Makes you really on edge. Or something.

8.7/10

I always used to love Aaliyah back when she was known, and I remember being actually sad when I found out she'd died. Still makes me wonder how good she'd have been if she were still alive.

tumblr_li85keg6Aa1qg5qws.gif

So.fucking.good.

Cannot freaking wait for this,

5483123289_762110e03a_z.jpg

Total.

Shame his album is called Total, then. Best not tell Sébastien Tellier, too. ;)

Shame his album is called Total, then. Best not tell Sébastien Tellier, too. ;)

I'm so disgraced. I wish I was over.

I just adore how unusual this sounds. I think this is possibly one of my favs on the i-pod. There isn't much positivity about this song from Youtube et cetera but oh well!

CHUUUUNAGE!!! :D

(That Maxence Cyrin piano piece is lush ;))

I'm so disgraced. I wish I was over.

I would just like to say, I love how well your av works with these lofty statements. I love it. Is all.

The Strokes - From Cover of Darkness

Yes. I love it. Someday + Last Night, whatever, classic Strokes.

doonntt call thatt waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy iiimmmmm waaiiit ffoorr youuuuuuuuuuuuu

I love this, but now you've kinda spoilt the original for me. So, now I hate you. :(

Hope There's Someone - Antony & The Johnsons

It's the first track of the stellar album I Am A Bird Now for a reason. It feels like a cosmic truth has been imparted upon us.