NEurope
chairdriver

Formspring

I'm not having a go, I just don't understand why Fomspring exists considering its limited use.

Because Fromspring is anonymous. (I think, I've never actually used it so correct me if I'm wrong.)

Oh just shut the fuck uup everyone.

Do formspring or don't. No one's caring.

Microwave ham?

iBlogly chewb?

Literally no idea. I asked some questions yesterday, I eagerly am looking for their responses.

MOTHFU1!!

Yeah fuck everyone for discussing something on a discussion board.

tumblr_lf1qcmJNsK1qb32dao1_500.gif

Yeah fuck everyone for discussing something on a discussion board.

You should stop taking what I say as though it's imposing a rule on you.

I'm just sending what I'm thinking into the ether like everyone else here. You could argue I should have just said nothing, but I did, and it's done, and we should all just get over the fact it's happened, and no one was harmed.

I have new view on the use of words.

/ok.

I made a Formspring ages ago from hearing about it from my wee cousin. We asked each other some questions to begin with... but it didn't really catch on for me.

Formspring is brilliant. It gives you the excuse to write well constructed essays about topics you feel strongly about. Thing is, Formspring is only as good as the questions, and only as good as what you make of them. And, therefore, only as good as your friends' imagination.

I started writing a diary a few weeks back (not as part of a NY resolution) and then joined Formspring. It serves the same purpose of keeping a log of your thoughts and activities, except you have the excuse almost, if you can call it that, to make it public. It serves as a kind of ego/confidence boost, which whilst may be frowned upon, it's actually quite liberating. It enables you to share your repressed thoughts and opinions without making you appear too try-hard, which for me is a massive draw.

Many Formspring accounts are boring as they're just one-word answers, however as I've said, the quality of the network depends on how you use it. It's easy, simple, and you get to learn a bit more about friends or people you know because there's no barriers to entry. So things that you may have never had to reply to become so, as there's a purpose for both userbases. And if a shit question is posed, just pan it. Nothing will come of it.

Can also be used to demonstrate your linguistic flair, if it exists in you. Improved writing ability etc. Also, you can negotiate between giving serious and jokey (slash mixed) responses. It's entertaining, and I don't think a blog or anything other medium truly serves as a substitute, even if it's just due to accessibility.

Indulge yourself my friend, you need not supply me with excuses for I am happy to read your writings.

Formspring is brilliant. It gives you the excuse to write well constructed essays about topics you feel strongly about.

Because nothing else online gives you the chance to vent about topics you feel strongly about.

I assume the amazing thing here is someone asking about this issue before you can rant about it. As opposed to writing about it in a blog* and uploading/linking it when you actually feel like writing it.

*Also the catch about being anonymous. Because mystery makes the internet all exciting.

Well be a cynic if you want but as I explained it's as much about the interface as it is the concept. It's heavily integrated into Facebook, which has many obvious advantages.

I've had fun using it.