NEurope
chairdriver

Formspring

Why?......

Why not.

[Pregnantly not a question...]

Its because he thinks he is far better than most people on NE

I don't really understand the passive aggressiveness.

You treat me as though I'm really self-unaware. Having a backlog of written evidence to testify to the fact I'm naturally a dick is pretty much why I was depressed for a long while at the end of last year.

I'll admit, I dont really like you but my post just then was actually a joke relating to the question asked on your Formspring thing.

Such hostility. It's an interesting concept, the draw being anonymity for the questioner.

Are we allowed to ask you questions in here too?

I hope so, otherwise you may need to edit your post. :grin:

I'll admit, I dont really like you but my post just then was actually a joke relating to the question asked on your Formspring thing.

I thought it wasn't you, [would have been uncharacteristic]. The "you" in my reply is more directed to whoever needs to hear it.

I hope so, otherwise you may need to edit your post. :grin:

I know, I was worried about that when I wrote it.

As for FormSpring; I know what it is and will never use it, go on it (after the first visit) and never ask a question... If I wanted to ask someone something, I'd ask them.

Ive only seen celebs use it previously and even then not for long, does seem a bit pointless for normal folk

I don't really see why Formspring needs to exist. Twitter pretty much does the same thing without anonymity and Tumbler has an 'Ask' function which can be anonymous.

Any a profile on Formspring is pretty much nothing bar a picture and a name meaning you pretty much have to know the person anyway for any practical use. At least on Tumbler, the person you are asking - if you don't know them - is tied to a blog that acts as a reasonable persona.

I don't really see why Formspring needs to exist. Twitter pretty much does the same thing without anonymity and Tumbler has an 'Ask' function which can be anonymous.

Any a profile on Formspring is pretty much nothing bar a picture and a name meaning you pretty much have to know the person anyway for any practical use. At least on Tumbler, the person you are asking - if you don't know them - is tied to a blog that acts as a reasonable persona.

Well presumably the point is that you read the answers to questions other people have asked?

I found out one of my friends votes Green, which I never knew, and adds to their bag.

Well, it's like why have an iPhone and a Kindle? Why have a microwave when you have an oven?

You might as well.

Why have a microwave when you have an oven?

You might as well.

Because microwaves are a great deal quicker and more convenient surely....

Well, it's like why have an iPhone and a Kindle? Why have a microwave when you have an oven?

You might as well.

It's not really like that at all. These questions are the only purpose of Formspring, all the other services do the same and a billion things more. It's like choosing between a fully functional iPhone and one that can only use its Twitter app and nothing else.

First person that jumped into my head was Lord Krebs, principal of Jesus College, and all-round stunner.

You have good taste (based on his publications). Dawkins and Krebs (1978) and Krebs and Dawkins (1984) are especially great.

I'm not having a go, I just don't understand why Fomspring exists considering its limited use.

I saw it a few days ago, before this thread, and was wondering if I was missing anything. I'm just asking questions.

It's not really like that at all. These questions are the only purpose of Formspring, all the other services do the same and a billion things more. It's like choosing between a fully functional iPhone and one that can only use its Twitter app and nothing else.

The fact Formspring is dedicated entirely to questions, and nothing else, gives it focus.

Less is more and whatnot.

That makes sense. But, to me, to access it (or more getting other people to access it) is one hurdle too much. Most people I know are on FB but after that there's a huge drop off compared to people I know on Tumbler and Twitter - yet another 'thing' on top of those just isn't going to work for me.

You have good taste (based on his publications). Dawkins and Krebs (1978) and Krebs and Dawkins (1984) are especially great.

He's the most stunning because he was originally pro-government plans re: tuition fees, but actually listened to the students / discourse, and made an informed decision, and is now against them. He spoke in the House Of Commons/Lords (forget which), and actually argued against the Vice Chancellor of Oxford Uni, when most other people wouldn't.

I know it sounds strange, but its the first time ever in all my life experiences that someone in that type of position has actually been organic in their mentality. Actually making a decision based on evidence, rather than working according to the done thing.

Just a stunning person. And always smiles when you walk past him.