NEurope
MoogleViper

Life in a Day

On July 24 last year people uploaded a video of their life to youtube. Now Kevin Macdonald has taken over 80000 clips and has made a 90-minute film that gives an honest and inspiring glimpse of our world.

It's being rebroadcasted at 7pm tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/lifeinaday?feature=ticker

It sounds interesting. Anyone else gonna watch it?

Oh....is this the guy that sold his life and made a list of things to do? Because he was in a video of a guy I'm surbscribed to (a dude who built a wall of death in a field) :D/

I watched it. It was pretty interesting, quite a cool concept and fairly unique. Some nice little moments hidden in there.

I tried to tune in but the audio wasn't working. I'll catch it at some point though, it looked interesting :) I was half expecting just a bunch of webcam footage of people being idiots.

I heard this from extremely gay blogger Davey Wavey :p

I read his blog every week so it is pretty surreal that he got chosen.

His video was lovely too. He came out to his nana. Awwwr :)

His video was lovely too. He came out to his nana. Awwwr :)

Was that really necessary? :heh:

I only watched five minutes or so about thirty minutes into the documentary, but it seemed like a fascinating view into ordinary people's lives. I'd consider watching it in its entirety if it's ever available so I can watch it at a time of my own choosing (also, being able to pause it would be nice).

Was that really necessary? :heh:

Don't see why not.

Seems more than valid to me, and as well of a good excuse to do that sort of thing if you needed it.

Oh well I didn't mean it like that. I never really say stuff like that but...yeah...slip of the tongue/comment maybe.

But in fairness he is :p I prefer that though.

I'd hardly discriminate as I'm gay myself :laughing:

I'd hardly discriminate as I'm gay myself :laughing:

Oh, I don't know... Seems like all of the biggest homophobes are gay themselves. :heh:

But what I meant was, "did he really need to come out to his grandmother if he's 'extremely gay'?". I didn't mean to accuse you of anything.

Darn tootin.

Well, I'm sure he has a video about it if you search. I guess some are just awful at knowing whether someone is gay. I feel like I'm stereotyping when I say that as some come across as completely "straight"/don't have the terribly obvious traits. I'm blabbering, sorry.

Anyway, IIRC, he had to come out several times to his Granda also. His Granda kept forgetting. Being senile an what not.

I don't think it's that shocking though. Maybe his Nana knew straight guys can be just as camp/more.

*slightly irrelevant anecdote* I lolled after a girl in my school recently shouted in utter surprise "Elton John is GAY?!?!?!" :laughing: some people can't even tell the pretty obvious or stereotypical gays.

Also no offense taken. :hug: I apologise if this comment is really messy and repetitive. In using an I-pod :p

I didn't realize posting from your iPod made your posts more repetitive. :heh:

Maybe his Nana knew straight guys can be just as camp/more.

Or maybe she already knew he was gay, but she wanted him to come out to her when he was ready? I think I like that theory the most. Super grandma! :smile:

As for your friend not knowing that Elton John is gay, she probably just frequents whatever shop this is.

Well a mixture of my I-pod and the fact I'm a little tired after studying for 7 hours, I'm slightly forgetful so I wasn't sure if is said the same thing twice the same thing twice.

Maybe you're right about the grandma, who knows!! Your guess is as good as man. Also what the hell's with that shop?! Any idea where that is?

Well, the first person to post it on Tumblr said this:

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH,

HARPS GROCERY STORE

MOUNTAIN HOME, AR

870-425-6556

So... probably Harps Grocery Store in Mountain Home, Arkansas. Probably. If you're thinking of boycotting them, the fact that the store is in Arkansas should make it pretty easy. ;)

I had to google the place.

Darn those typical Americans. As for a boycott...maybe something a little more local, perhaps?

:p

Yeah, hopefully someone in your hometown will do something homophobic soon. *Crosses fingers*

I know it's not quite Ireland, but I know a really homophobic Scotsman. If you ever meet a man called George Maciver, give him a kiss and say hi from me. ;)

I'm not sure how this thread went from being about a YouTube documentary to being about homophobes. Moogle will not approve. :blank: